Are you a passionate electrician, carpenter, contractor, framer, plumber, handyman, craftsman and that is why you have a lot of tools?
So much so in your usual tool belt, there are not enough compartments to fit all the tools?
It is a serious problem. But there is a way out.
How about the best tool pouch?
It is a unique thing that will help you keep all the necessary tools on your waist.
It is not difficult to put on such a bag or adjust it comfortably. Tool pouches are also of any size, so you can buy as large or small as possible for specific tools.
However, tool pouch types are many and each seems as useful as possible. That is why to make the right choice is quite difficult.
I discovered this a long time ago since I used many different tool pouches. My experience helped me to select those tool pouches that deserve attention and those that deserve a garbage dump.
Are you interested? If yes then keep reading…
Best Tool Pouch Reviews in 2019
1. CLC Custom Leathercraft 1104 Construction Multi-Purpose Poly Tool HolderCLC Custom Leathercraft 1104 is an excellent all-purpose tool pouch that has enough pockets and covers it with the material.
The storage system has a holder for a flashlight, a pocket for your phone, two more pockets for tools and a holder for keys. So, as you can see that is the best small tool pouch for all kinds of working professionals like electrician, carpenter, roofing, homeowner, plumber etc because you can fill these pockets of anything.
How can you install this tool pouch on a belt? For this, CLC 1104 has a three-sided mount: one is designed for trousers, the other for suspenders and the third for a working apron. As I noticed, these mounts are universal – you can hang it, fasten it or hold it.
In addition, this tool pouch is light and compact, and the covering material does not allow tools to fall out.
- This tool pouch has excellent construction with several pockets that are universally suitable for different items.
- The protective material keeps the tools and any other pocket contents from falling out (I have not dropped anything yet).
- And the pockets are spacious and contain no object (main compartment), despite the external small size.
- The universal mounting system allows me to carry this tool pouch wherever I am comfortable.
- Tool pouch 1104 from CLC is suitable for an employee of any profession because the pockets have a universal shape – instead of a flashlight, you can put a hammer or something of a similar shape.
- Bad firmware on the loop that holds the flashlight, so this loop is not suitable for storing large flashlights.
2. CLC Custom Leathercraft 526 Electrician’s and Maintenance Tool PouchWhen you see the construction of this tool pouch, you immediately realize that this is the best tool pouch for electricians. For example, I was impressed that all pockets are intended only for electrician tools (but all builders can use this).
So what is a CLC electrician tool pouch? It is a leather “box”, which includes 17 pockets. Manufacturers took the shape of the box as a basis specifically, as this prevents tipping over.
It has no installation system, but only a carrying handle. Such a handle is also leather and reinforced for transporting heavy objects.
The size of such a box is 8x8x15 inches. Given that each pocket is isolated from the other, and has an additional chain for the tape, this leather electrician tool pouch is quite roomy.
- I really like that each case is insulated and has a polyester material inside that will protect the tools from getting wet.
- This pouch is durable because it has steel rivets at the points of maximum stress, which are most often subject to the formation of defects.
- Tool pouch by CLC is of good quality because the material is perfectly sewn, there are no holes and defects and the seams do not diverge even with a large weight of the load.
- All individual tool pockets are the proper size, so the holes with a large handle or other similar tools fit into the pocket.
- This tool pouch has an easy access system, so I do not spend time opening and closing pockets – in this design, locks are superfluous.
- The base of the carrying handle is a bit flimsy.
- This bag does not have a tape measure holder.
3. ToughBuilt – Technician 10 Pocket Belt Clip Tool Pouch & Multi-Tool OrganizerToughBuilt Technician Pouch has a large size and 10 roomy pockets (for nails, phone, flashlight, and screwdrivers), as well as additional holders.
This tool pouch is for installation on a special belt, as it has a snap system. It is easy to install, just snap the pockets to the belt.
I also like the material; it is nylon, which is light and resistant to water. It is important because it does not have closed pockets, but it retains quick access to tools.
The pouch construction is durable because it consists of six layers and a reinforced bottom. That is why using this, I can be sure of the safety of my construction tools.
This ToughBuilt belt clip tool pouch is perfect for carpenter, electrician, contractor, framer, plumber, handyman, craftsman etc.
- This clip tool pouch is quite roomy since I can store there all the basic tools that I use every day.
- Each pocket is for a specific type of tool; this is immediately visible and enhances the organization.
- I can easily get any tool I need right now, because this tool pouch has a clip touch system (quick access).
- Good quality also gives the impression of durability, because each pocket has a double seam.
- Durability is what this tool pouch really possesses since the overall construction is made of six layers (which do not give a heavyweight).
- The fastener for installing the pocket on the belt opens hard, so every time I need to make an effort to do this.
- Small tools always fall out of the bag when you bend or move.
4. OX Tools Drywaller’s Tool Pouch – Oil-Tanned LeatherOX Tools Drywaller’s Tool Pouch is a design of 12 small (but roomy) pockets in an oil leather shell.
In addition to pockets, several holders for oversized tools complement the storage system for this tool pouch.
The material gives a pleasant feeling and is quite soft. So you do not feel heavy when you use it.
By the way, the skin is quite thick – 2 mm, which means that we are dealing with durable and durable products.
The organization of the pockets is in such a way specifically for this tool pouch to be the best drywall pouch. Be sure that the productivity of your work will grow because you have easy access to all the necessary pockets.
- Reinforced covers make this pouch durable and able to last for a long time.
- The material (oil leather) is also durable and soft, able to withstand even the heavy weight of tools.
- The points of greatest stress are reinforced with metal rivets, so I did not get any holes and defects for a long time of use.
- Pockets are so deep that no tools (of any size) fall out, despite the fact that the pockets remain open.
- It seems a bit heavy even when it remains empty (especially if you have problems with the lower back).
5. Occidental Leather 5589 Electrician’s Tool CaseOccidental Leather 5589 tool case is a leather pouch, each case of which was created specifically for electrician tools.
Generally, this tool case pouch has 25 pockets, which is quite enough even for a shopaholic in the world of construction tools.
The design of this tool pouch has almost everything you need. For example, you can store tape on a chain, clips, and so on. That is, you can store the tools of any kind there.
Leather as a material keeps well, does not become heavy (in an empty state) and perfectly holds all the tools.
And despite the fact that the pockets are open, I am calm about the tools because the pockets are deep and nothing falls out. Additionally, the bottom of the pockets strenuously doubles seam.
- This leather pouch for tools is durable because it has reinforced pockets (using a double seam) and thick material (leather).
- It has a large number of deep pockets that perfectly hold all the tools even when you move.
- All stress points have metal rivets, so you forget about holes and defects using this pouch.
- You can install this tool pouch to any belt (from this manufacturer or from another).
- Each pocket is adapted to store a certain type of tool, so your productivity will increase several times.
- This tool pouch does not have a roulette holder despite all the advantages.
- It seems hard for your back when you set it on a belt.
6. Heavy Duty Tool Pouch – All Leather – Reinforced Seams – Professional GradeNemean Leather produced a very high-quality product that the professionals worked on (according to the manufacturer). When I used it, the words of the manufacturer were confirmed.
First, each seam was made perfectly, as if the pouch was sent to Fashion Week in Paris. All the zones on which heavyweight exerts the greatest pressure are protected with metal rivets.
The overall design of the four pockets of this best framing tool pouches is suede, which is highly durable and resistant to different weather conditions.
Yes, you cannot put a lot of tools in there because the pouch is small. The manufacturer claims that this tool pouch is a handmade product.
- The strong case from durable material, which keeps a form in any weather for many years.
- This storage system is high quality, durable and serves for a long time.
- This tool pouch has a compact storage system that holds everything you need.
- It is universal because you can install this tool pouch on any belt from either side (left and right) – you will be equally comfortable.
- Pockets are tight and not large enough for you to put large tools.
- I find it difficult to remove the tool because the pockets are narrow.
7. CLC Custom Leathercraft Dewalt DG5173 Heavy-duty Construction Tool HolderDewalt DG5173 by CLC Custom Leathercraft is another storage system for those who do not like to be overloaded.
It includes just a few pockets (for pliers, scissors, cutters, batteries, and pencils), one holder for a tape measure, and a loop for hanging keys.
The whole construction is ballistic polyester, which is known as a durable material with protection from any weather.
This small tool pouch is suitable for specific belts up to 2 3/4 inches wide. Placement will be approximately below the belt line, which is most convenient for most builders.
Definitely, it is the best nylon tool pouch for heavy-duty construction, when the full toolkit is not needed.
- This tool pouch is thought out to the smallest detail since it has again from falling out of tools, a metal piece for the tape measure.
- Pockets are deep and contain tools of different lengths and quantities; you can put your pliers, box knife, flashlight, pencils and more.
- Tool pouch has the perfect height, so you have access to the tools even when you have a coat on top.
- The material has incredible strength because of what the pouch is ready to serve for a very long time.
- The compact size does not hold you down in motion and does not put a strain on your back, so you are free and do your job better and faster.
- It is quite difficult for me to stick my fingers in my pocket and get a tool from here.
- The roulette wheel is installed unreliably and is in a strange position, therefore the tape measure falls when moving.
8. Waxed Canvas Multi-purpose Roll Up Organizer Pouch with 14 PocketsCanvas wrench roll-up pouch by Hense is the tool pouch of simple form and style. Each of us saw something similar with our father or grandfather.
The design of this pouch has 14 slots, which are ideal for storing wrenches, screwdrivers and other things. In general, the pockets are the same in shape, but different in depth (the depth varies from three to five inches and one inch in width).
As for the material, we are dealing with a regular canvas that will last you a long time, because this pouch is what we store in a bag, and not put on a belt.
I think this is the best tool roll up pouch for handymen, [plumber, craftsmen, DIY fun enthusiast etc because slots are universal.
You can put anything in there and not be afraid of defects, because the pouch is in excellent quality (there are no loose threads or a seam that is sold).
- A rather simple style and simple fall-out protection really do the initial task; I have not lost even one tool, because my tools remain firmly in this roll.
- It is universal and suitable even for bulky tools of any sphere.
- The ideal quality that I received with the purchase has been preserved for several years; I have not received a single defect so far.
- The material is excellent, can withstand any weather and does not make the pouch heavier.
- Durability is what this tool pouch by Hense possesses; you can use it not a year, not two, but ten or even more.
- It requires double stitching in the most vulnerable places because the material is not as durable as leather.
9. 10-Pocket Tool Pouch Klein Tools 5190Klein leather electrician tool pouch is a storage system of 10 spacious compartments in which screwdrivers and pliers feel great.
The design is completely leather and metal rivets protect the points of greatest stress. In general, we must pay tribute to the manufacturer, because this tool pouch looks more than stylish.
This best contractor’s tool pouch has a large compartment with several pockets, three external pockets, and a leather strap.
How to install it? Do you see the holes on the top? These holes are needed for you to slip the belt through them. Each hole is 4 inches wide.
And yes, it has leather material, so Klein tool pouches are not only very beautiful but also durable.
- Practical design speeds up my work several times because all the important tools are at my fingertips and are available at any time.
- I did not get any defects and newly formed holes, because metal rivets are installed in the most “fragile” places.
- I do not feel heaviness despite the fact that it is made of durable leather and has metal parts.
- It is convenient to install it since you just need to thread your belt through the holes in the pouch – any belt fits and you can adjust it at will.
- Pocket sets compactly on a belt and does not swing, does not feel free, but sits like a glove.
- There is only one large pocket that can hold something big, and the remaining pockets are small.
- Some pockets have insufficient space where the tools for which it is intended (pocket for pliers).
10. Canvas Tool Pouch Zipper Bag – 5 Pack Utility Bags Heavy Duty Metal Zippers PouchesCanvas Tool Pouch Zipper Bag is ideal for those who do not attach importance to the high organization, who feel confident even when all tools are not stored in isolation.
In my opinion, this best canvas zipper tool pouch feels great on a business trip when you cannot take a lot or something big.
I like very strong material at the base, which has a brass zipper. Surprisingly, I have not had any problems with this zipper.
Yes, the pockets are kept non-insulated here, which gives more weight and therefore the zıpper pouch’s contraction is reinforced with double stitching.
In addition, the color scheme (five colors: yellow, orange, blue, gray and brown) will help you to dilute workdays.
As for size, you have 12.5×7 inches of free space for any tools that fit.
- It is multi functional: just imagine each of the five pouches you can devote to one type of tool, for example, yellow for screwdrivers and so on.
- All five packs increase your organization in the workplace, as you do not waste time searching for the right tool.
- The sturdy zipper resists falling out of tools and does not break.
- A durable material underlies this bag; it does not become heavy and hard to combat the formation of defects.
- Each pouch is large enough to store most of the tools that any professional has.
- Zippers do not miss bulky tools, despite the fact that the size allows you to do this.
- Be prepared for the fact that the tools are intermingled.
Overview of Tool Pouch
No matter what you do – construction, installation, or you are just a DIY amateur – in any case, tool pouch will be a very useful device for you. Why?
It is only at first glance it seems that the chargers, various adapters can be stored anywhere.
Actually, you have to sweat before you find a unique option that will be convenient and practical for you. I will help you in searching your best tool pouch on the market right now!
Types of Tool Pouch
There are not many tool pouch types. Looking for your personal home depot tool pouch, you can find at least four types. Let us analyze each of them separately!
Tool Pouch Like A Pocket
This type really looks like one piece of a tool belt. You can use it like this by buying an additional belt.
Such “packages” are small and large. As a rule, both sizes have several numbers of pockets for small tools, chargers.
Many tool pouch of this type has closing pockets so that small tools do not leave the pocket space when you are actively moving or working.
As my experience shows, the average number of pockets is 5-6 ones. Each of the pockets is adapted to store a specific tool.
For example, you can meet a pocket for a key, a voltage detector, a screwdriver, scissors, a splitter, and others. All pockets are separately stitched and processed from moisture.
This type of pocket tool pouch does not interfere with movement, is light and does not change your comfort during the work process.
Tool Pouch Like A Bag
This pouch for tools represents the same pockets, but only in an isolated form. That is, it has external protection and its appearance resembles a bag.
And this type is made from durable and lightweight materials such as nylon, polyester, neoprene.
The pouch has a slightly big size and large pockets in which you can easily fit computer accessories, a camera, small medical equipment, small electronic devices, a set of screwdrivers, and so on.
I would call it “a case” in which it is convenient to carry objects. Plus, such a case is easily customizable.
Tool Pouch Like A Wallet
This type of small electrician tool pouch (or not electrician) literally looks like a coin wallet because it only has one compartment.
Yes, you cannot put all your tools in there. This type is more suitable for storing all the most necessary (and small). It can be nails, small screwdrivers, nuts, pens for writing, phone.
Tool Pouch Handy Pack
It is a small set of tool belts and pouches (and also it can be without the belt), which includes a large pocket for tools, a hammer holder, and a small pocket for small items (pliers, screwdrivers).
Regardless of the type, you can install it on a new adjustable belt that is specially adapted for wearing tools, or on a regular belt for trousers that you wear every day.
Benefits of Using Tool Pouch
In any industry, you need to stay organized and productive. Even if your work tasks do not require the use of a large number of tools, you still need some kind of best tool pouches.
It is excellent if this storage system is a tool pouch because it has many advantages.
Small Rain Lays Great Dust
Yes, the tool pouch is not large. But it is good when you do not need a lot of space. After all, the more space, the harder it becomes.
If you are one of those who like to move “on the easy” and takes with you everything you need, tool pouch would be a great solution.
You Can Install It Anywhere
Many people ask me: “Why should I buy a tool pouch if I can buy a tool belt that includes pockets and a belt at the same time?”
The question is fair. However, keep in mind how often you read reviews like “my waist is 34 inches, but this belt is suitable for 15 inches maximum – DISAPPOINTMENT”.
In order to prevent such problems, you can buy a tool pouch and wear it on a comfortable belt that you wear every day. You can install it to any place where you would be comfortable wearing it.
It Is Never Hard
The problem of many bags and large storage systems is that it is heavy and create unpleasant feelings, back pain.
If you use tool pouch, that will never happen, even if you put one brick in there. Why?
First, almost all tool pouch is made from lightweight materials like nylon. Secondly, the capacity of these pockets is limited, and you will not be able to take “the whole house” with you, it just will not fit.
It Increases Productivity Several Times
You might think “my big tool belt does it tool”. But it is different!
Some tool belts are very large. And if you work often on the roof, but a heavy bag can be dangerous for you.
Why not use a small tool pouch when you work on the roof or have to do the work quickly, without being distracted by the weight of the tools that weigh on the waist?
Features To Look For During Purchase
Even the most functional tool pouch will be useless if it is of poor quality. Small tools must also be protected.
And you need to choose the perfect tool belt that will serve you for decades. How not to be mistaken? Follow my tips!
Explore The Material
Is it made of leather? Be sure this will not be difficult in the case of tool pouch. But it will be strong, and unstable to different weather. The leather pouch is the best tool pouch for the homeowner, but it is known that wet leather colors clothes. The pouch will also be damaged.
Nylon? Great choice. Such a tool pouch will be light, quite durable, practical and resistant to rain and snow.
You buy a small pouch only for the most necessary, and probably you will not wear a nail weighing a ton. It means that you need to make a choice in favor of more practical materials, and not durable.
A miniature pouch must be durable. I always recommend buying double seam storage systems. In the case of tool pouch, the double seam is rare.
That is why look for reinforced pockets. It can be metal rivets, leather bottom, and anything.
And keep in mind that the tool pouch should not be defective at the time of purchase. Give yourself the opportunity to be first!
Are Pockets Closed?
Yes, it is not a laboratory and tightness makes no difference here. But the pockets must be closed so that nothing falls out (if you have a special screwdriver tool pouch) and does not get wet inside your bag.
It can be a zipper, Velcro or just a piece of material that covers the tools on top. Any contents of your bag must be protected.
How To Wear Tool Pouch?
There is nothing easier than putting on a tool pouch. You will do it in a few steps.
Choose A Belt
To begin with, the pouch can be fitted to any belt. Some copies also have a pen (but if so, you may not install it).
If you have your own belt, hook the tool pouch on and wear it with pleasure, then.
If you want to have a special belt, you can buy it, since it is sold separately. And if the belt is not specific, it is OK to hook it and use it fixed.
You hardly need suspenders or other such things. It should not be hard even a little bit.
But if you have a handle kit, then you better buy a special belt that will be suitable for this.
If you are comfortable, go to the next step (inconvenient, then find a comfortable position).
Put The Tools Inside
As you can see here is not a lot of space, so it does not matter how you put the tools (with the dominant hand or not). Just put each tool in a pocket that is for this item.
Do you have sharp tools? Put it with the sharp end down. When you fold all the tools, just close your pockets.
Care & Maintenance
Safe It From Water
Especially, if you have a leather tool pouch (because the skin will deteriorate). Other materials have the property of water resistance and should not give up the slack at the most inopportune moment.
Make A Daily Check
For strength and for defects. Of course, a small hole does not suit an accident at your workplace. But having missed one defect, you may lose a few valuable things.
Arrange Frequent Cleaning
It is the right advice that our mothers give us because frequent cleaning provides a long service of one or another. Use a damp cloth to clean, and do not put tool pouch in a washing machine.
Keep Tools In Proper Condition
We are talking about covers. Sharp objects must be in the covers so that it does not damage the pouch case.
Check The Quality Of The Connection
After you attach the pouch to the strap, make sure that it holds very tightly and will not fall when you put the tools in there.
How Often Can I Use The Tool Pouch For My Work?
If you have many tasks that require the use of tool pouch, I have good news for you: use it every day for any tasks where pouch will be useful.
Because such storage system is compact, it will not wear out from heavyweight. And while maintaining the maintenance’s points this bag will serve you for a long time.
What Is The Number Of Pockets Into The Pouch I Need?
You can take a roomy tool pouch or pouch type pocket. It all depends on the essence of the task in which you want to use the pouch. On average, the pouch for tools has six pockets and this is quite enough.
What Material Of The Tool Pouch Should I Have?
As I said, I recommend buying only practical materials such as nylon or polyester. If you do not work outside often, leather pouches can also be a great option.
Can I Install It On The Tool Belt I Already Have?
Yes, for sure. Most tool pouches exist precisely in order to complement the belt for tools in which there is not enough space for additional equipment.
So, people specifically buy additional tool pouches to put new tools there. You can do the same. But be sure that the belt and the holes in the pouches match each other (their size).
Now you know all about tool pouch and how to choose the best one.
That is no the common way which everyone can use during the purchase. But keep my advice: always listen to the specifics of your work. It can be helpful to find the best tool pouch namely for you even if it is one of the cheap tool pouches.
In addition, be sure that the size of your belt corresponds to the size of this pocket, and vice versa, if you already own a belt for tools.Where you work, how much you work and other nuances should be considered by you if you want to make the valuable purchase.