Are you a professional electrician, carpenter, contractor, framer, plumber, or an enthusiastic handyman or craftsman with a lot of tools? Do you have so many that your usual tool belt cannot hold the tools you need to use most often? If so, that is a serious problem.
Let’s take a look at some excellent tool pouches that will help you keep all the tools you need handy.
It is easy to use these devices and you can adjust them comfortably. Best tool pouch for electricians comes in a wide range of sizes and shapes, so you can buy one that’s as large or as small as you need.
Are you interested? If so, keep reading.
Our Top Picks
Custom Leathercraft 1509
ToughBuilt Tool Pouch
Best Tool Pouch for Electricians in 2020
1. CLC Custom Leathercraft 1509 Zippered Professional Electricians Tool Pouch
The CLC Custom Leathercraft 1509 is ideal for those who need a professional tool pouch. There are 21 pockets at your disposal. The size of the main pocket is 4 ½” x 9”x 9”, so it’s compact, yet it holds a lot of tools.
The ergonomic rubber grip and soft shoulder strap will appeal to you if you have to carry heavy tools. The comfortable, padded shoulder strap that does not rub my shoulder heavily.
The CLC 1509 is a roomy bag. It is perfect for large tools up to 10 inches long.
This bag is convenient because all you have to do is flip open the cover that protects the tools from falling out, so it’s fast and easy to find the right tool.
- The CLC 1509 has padded handles and a shoulder strap, so you can carry it comfortably either way.
- The bag has a top zippered flap that holds the tools securely.
- There are 21 pockets for organizing tools, and the size of the main pocket is 4½” x 9”x 9”.
- The bag has a top flap with a zipper that prevents tools from falling out and stops water or dirt from getting inside.
- It is comfortable to carry this bag due to the ergonomic rubber handle and soft shoulder strap.
- There are many pockets here, so you can store all the tools you need.
- The CLC 1509 has an adjustable shoulder strap so you can keep your hands free while you’re working.
- The material is made of polyester fabric, which is both durable and light.
- The air-mesh padding lets the back of the bag and the shoulder strap breathe, so it isn’t as hot when I’m carrying the bag on my shoulder and working.
- Unstable lower seams that fail sooner than expected.
2. DEWALT DG5103 Small Durable Maintenance and Electrician’s Pouch
Dewalt’s DG5103 is suitable for any anyone with its large main pocket and a smaller front pocket for parts and tools.
As you’d expect from this well-known company, the bag is thoughtfully designed and well-made. The bag also includes loops for tools such as electrician’s tape, a flashlight, and there’s also a carabiner for your keys, so they won’t fall out of your pocket and get lost.
Poly-ballistic fabric makes this bag super durable. By the way, it has reinforced edges for longer wear.
There is a rear clip for you to attach the bag to a belt or you can thread the bag onto a belt up to 2 ¾” wide. This small bag is 9.3” x 3” x 7.5”, so it doesn’t need handles or a shoulder strap.
I love the fact that my hands remain free when I use this tool bag. It is very convenient to use. I became more productive with the DG5103 as it was fast and easy to get to my tools.
- Made of a sturdy poly-ballistic material.
- There is a rear clip for you to attach the bag to a belt up to 2 ¾” wide.
- The Dewalt DG5103 allows you to be more productive, as your hands remain free, and all the necessary tools are close at hand.
- This lightweight tool pouch mounts on a belt.
- The bag is well made, with durable fabric and reinforced edges.
- The size of the pockets let you carry and store all the most common tools, so any professional can use it.
- The bag does not have a lid, so tools can fall out if you bend over.
3. ToughBuilt – Master Electrician’s Pouch with Shoulder Strap
ToughBuilt offers a unique pouch that has incredible durability. Believe me, it will not let you down for a long time. It has a 6-layer base and is reinforced at the stress points with rivets. At 10” x 10” x 10” you can carry a good assortment of tools, and even the longer tools. And since it has a shoulder strap, handles and a belt clip, you can carry it whichever way you prefer.
You can carry flashlights that take the large D-cell batteries or the small AAA batteries in this pouch. It also has a wire-tester pocket, and 3 pockets that are adjustable, a notebook pocket, and a chain to attach your tape measure to.
This electrician’s pouch is special because it has the patented ClipTech Hub system, so you can attach other ToughBuilt storage systems to it. It also has a stand you pull out from the back of the pouch to keep it upright.
- ToughBuilt has a total of 25 pockets and loops, a phone case, a knife holder, pliers, and flashlights.
- The handy stand keeps the bag upright so it doesn’t fall over.
- The belt, handles and shoulder strap give you all the carrying options you need.
- This bag has a notebook pocket, which is really handy.
- The kit includes a non-slip soft shoulder strap that makes transporting tools easy.
- The pockets are suitable for the tools any specialist needs.
- It is a super durable bag in which all the weak points are reinforced.
- The adjustable pouches don’t close down at the bottom, so it’s easy for smaller tools to slide underneath the dividers.
4. CLC Custom Leathercraft 1104 Construction Multi-Purpose Poly Tool Holder
The CLC Custom Leathercraft 1104 is an excellent small all-purpose tool pouch. At 4” x 1.2” x 7” it is compact and easy to attach to your pants, suspenders, belts or work apron..
This storage system has a holder for a small diameter flashlight, a pocket for your phone, two more pockets for tools and a clip to attach your key ring to. So, this is the best small tool pouch for all kinds of working professionals and home hobbyists.
The big advantage of this pouch is that you won’t have to store essentials like you keys and cell phone in your pockets, where they are cumbersome and can fall out easily. Put them in this pouch and you’ll be able to maneuver easier, and you won’t have the worry of losing something you really need. And, there is room to put small pliers, screwdrivers, nails or screws in it too.
How can you install this tool pouch on a belt? For this, CLC 1104 has a three-sided mount: one is designed for trousers, the other for suspenders and the third for a working apron. These mounts give you options depending on how you’re working or how you like to carry your tools, keeping them wherever is most convenient for you.
In addition, this tool pouch is light and compact, and the pouch has Velcro tape to keep the cover closed so your tools don’t fall out.
- This tool pouch is well-made with several pockets that are suitable for a variety of small items.
- The pouch cover fastens closed with Velcro tape to keep the contents from falling out (I have not dropped anything yet).
- And the pockets are spacious.
- The three mounting options allows me to carry this tool pouch wherever I am comfortable..
- The loop that holds the flashlight, is only made for small diameter flashlights
5. CLC Custom Leathercraft 526 Electrician’s and Maintenance Tool Pouch
When you see the construction of this tool pouch, you immediately realize that this is the best tool pouch for electricians. For example, I was impressed that all the pockets are designed for electrician tools (but you can use this for other tools too).
So what is a CLC electrician’s tool pouch? It is a leather “box” style tool caddy with 17 pockets. The manufacturer chose this shape as this prevents the tools from tipping over, and makes them easy to grab and put away. It also has a reinforced leather carrying handle. This caddy is sturdy enough to store and transport heavy tools.
The box is 8” x8” x15”. Storing each tool in its own pocket makes it fast and easy to find, grab and put back your tools. The box has a chain to hang rolls of electrical tape on, keeping them easy to get to without taking up pockets. Also, this leather electrician’s tool pouch is quite roomy.
- I really like that each case is insulated and has a polyester material inside that will protect my tools from getting wet.
- This pouch is durable because it has steel rivets at the points of maximum stress, which are most often where a tool pouch starts to fall apart.
- The material is perfectly sewn, there are no holes or defects and the seams hold tight even when the pouch is fully loaded and heavy.
- This tool pouch keeps all my tools instantly available, so you don’t have to spend time opening and closing pockets.
- The pouch stays upright and does not tip over.
- This bag does not have a tape measure holder.
6. ToughBuilt – Technician 10 Pocket Belt Clip Tool Pouch & Multi-Tool Organizer
The ToughBuilt Technician Pouch has 10 roomy pockets for long-handled pliers, wire strippers, flashlight, etc.) as well as additional loop holders for screwdrivers.
This tool pouch is for installation on a special belt, as it has a snap system. It is easy to install, just snap the pockets to the belt. It measures 14” x 6” x 2”.
I also like the material; it is nylon, which is light and resistant to water. It is important because it does not have closed pockets, but it retains quick access to tools.
The pouch construction is durable because it consists of six layers and a reinforced bottom. That is why using this, I can be sure of the safety of my construction tools.
This ToughBuilt belt clip tool pouch is perfect for carpenter, electrician, contractor, framer, plumber, handyman, craftsman etc.
- This clip tool pouch is quite roomy and I can carry all the basic tools that I use every day.
- Good quality and gives the impression of durability, because its well sewn and made of sturdy fabric. Each pocket has a double seam.
- Holds a tape measure.
- The fastener for attaching the pocket on a belt is hard to open.
- Small tools can fall out of the bag when you bend or move.
7. Occidental Leather 5589 Electrician’s Tool Case
The Occidental Leather 5589 Electrician’s Tool Case is a leather pouch, with lots of storage. It has 25 pockets, which is enough even for a shopaholic in the world of construction tools.
The design of this tool pouch has almost everything you need. For example, you can store electrician’s tape on the chain, clip your keys on the outside of the bag, hold wire strippers, dikes, lineman’s pliers, dikes and cordless nut drivers. That is, you can store tools of any kind there.
The leather is heavy enough to last a long time, is not heavy (in an empty state) and perfectly holds all the tools. It also looks great with its tan, medium brown and black leather.
And despite the fact that the pockets are open, I don’t lose my tools because the pockets are deep and nothing falls out. Additionally, the bottom of the pockets has a tough double seam.
- This leather pouch for tools is durable because it has reinforced pockets (using a double seam) and thick leather.
- It has a large number of deep pockets that perfectly hold long tools even when you’re working.
- All stress points have metal rivets, so its well reinforced for durability.
- You can install this tool pouch to any belt (from this manufacturer or from another).
- Hand made in the USA.
- This tool pouch only has a belt loop.
- When it’s fully loaded with tools, it can get heavy. Would be nice to have a shoulder strap.
8. Heavy Duty Tool Pouch – All Leather – Reinforced Seams – Professional Grade
Nemean Leather has produced a very high-quality product that professional framers will enjoy. It is not meant for electricians, but it holds the most commonly used tools a framer uses in its four pockets. It’s got hammer loops, two nail/fastener pouches and two miscellaneous pouches, two pockets for utility knives and four pockets for pencils.It’s3″ belt loop will fit on standard tool belts.
First, each seam was made perfectly, as if the pouch was sent to Fashion Week in Paris. All the stress points are protected with metal rivets.
The overall design of the four pockets of this best framing tool pouches is full grain leather, which is very durable and resistant to hard wear.
Yes, you cannot put a lot of tools in there because the pouch is small. The manufacturer claims that this tool pouch is a handmade product.
- The strong case is durable full grain leather and will last for many years.
- This tool pouch is perfectly balanced and works on either hip; ideal for left and right-handed framers.
- Some pockets are a little tighter than I’d like but since they’re leather they; may stretch a bit with use.
9. Dewalt DG5173 Heavy-duty Construction Tool Holder
The Dewalt DG5173 comes from the well-respected DeWalt brand, which makes a variety of excellent tools as well as tool pouches. This is a small, lightweight carrier for people who only need to bring a few things with them like wrenches, pliers, snips, pencils, markers. It’s got one big pocket and three smaller pockets, and a loop for hanging keys.
This small tool pouch is 5.1” x 2” x 11.2”and fits belts up to 2 ¾” wide. Placement will be approximately below the belt line, which is most convenient for most builders.
Definitely, it is the best nylon tool pouch for heavy-duty construction, when the full toolkit is not needed.
- It fits an iPhone 4 securely.
- Pockets are made for smaller tools like pliers, box knife, flashlight, pencils and more.
- Good quality fabric has incredible strength and will be durable.
- The tape measure clip is not strong enough.
10. 10-Pocket Tool Pouch Klein Tools 5190
Another well-known brand is Klein tools, which has been around for 160 years. Klein has a reputation for quality, and it shows in their leather electrician’s tool pouch. This storage system has 10 spacious compartments that will fit your screwdrivers, wire strippers, pliers and more.
This tool pouch has four large slots that thread onto a normal belt (not a tool belt) up to 1 ¾” wide, two wide compartments, three external pockets, and a D-ring with a leather strap on it; you could carry your electrical tape on the strap.
And yes, it is leather, so this Klein tool pouch is very beautiful and also durable.
- Practical design speeds up my work because all the important tools are at my fingertips and are available at any time.
- Reinforced with metal rivets.
- The weight of the tools is spread out over my belt with this pouch design.
- It is convenient to install it since you just need to thread your belt through the holes in the pouch.
- The slots in the leather do not fit a really wide belt.
Overview of Electrician Tool Pouch
No matter what you do – construction, installation, or if you are a DIY-er, the right tool pouch will be a very useful device for you. Why? It keeps the tools you need handy, so you can get them quickly and easily. If you try to keep tools in your pockets it will put holes in your pockets, your tools will probably fall out of your pockets, and it will just be awkward and frustrating. Get a tool pouch. They’re well worth the money. I will help you in searching the best tool pouch for carpenters, electricians and others handyman
Types of Tool Pouch
There are not many tool pouch types. Let us analyze each of them.
Also Read: Plumbers Tool Bags Reviews & Buying Guide
Tool Pouch Like A Pocket
This type really looks like a pencil case. Some are smaller and some are larger. As a rule, both sizes have several numbers of pockets for small tools, chargers, etc.
Many tool pouches of this type have flaps that close over the pockets so that the tools do not fall out when you are actively moving or working.
As my experience shows, the average number of pockets is about 5-6.
For example, you can meet a pocket for a key, a voltage detector, a screwdriver, scissors, a splitter, and others. All pockets keep the contents separate so you can find them easily.
This type of pocket tool pouch does not interfere with movement, is light and is comfortable while you’re working.
Tool Pouch Like A Bag
This pouch for tools has external protection and its appearance resembles a bag.
And this type is made from durable and lightweight materials such as nylon, polyester, or neoprene.
The pouch offers a bigger size and larger pockets, so it is suitable for a greater choice of tools.
Plus, it is easily customizable.
Tool Pouch Handy Pack
This is a small set of tool belts and pouches (and also it can be without the belt), which includes a large pocket for tools, a hammer holder, and a small pocket for small items (pliers, screwdrivers).
Regardless of the type, you can install it on a tool belt or on a regular belt for trousers that you wear every day.
You Can Install It Anywhere
Many people ask me: “Why should I buy a tool pouch if I can buy a tool belt that includes pockets and a belt at the same time?”
That’s a fair question. However, keep in mind how often you read reviews like “my waist is 38 inches, but this belt is suitable for 34 inches maximum – DISAPPOINTMENT”.
In order to prevent such problems, you can buy a tool pouch and wear it on a comfortable belt that you wear every day. You can install it to any place where you would be comfortable wearing it.
Or, you can get a larger tool pouch that can carry drills, small saws, and other handy tools, and puts the weight on your shoulders and upper back instead of on your lower back.
Using a Tool Pouch Increases Productivity Several Times
You might think “my big tool belt does it all”. But it is different!
Some tool belts are very large. And if you work often on a roof, or a ladder, a heavy tool bag on your back can be uncomfortable, tiring, and distract you from your work.
Best Electrician Tool Pouch: Buying Guide
Even the most functional tool pouch will be useless if it is of poor quality. Small tools must also be protected.
And you need to choose the perfect tool belt that will serve you for decades. You can avoid buying the wrong pouch by following my tips!
Check the Material
Is it made of leather? It will be beautiful and strong, but it’s not a good choice in damp or wet surroundings. If you are sweating, a wet leather pouch can discolor your clothes. The pouch will also be damaged; you’ll need to clean it with leather soap and waterproof it.
Nylon? Great choice. Such a tool pouch will be light, quite durable, practical and resistant to rain and snow.
Poly propylene is also a sturdy fabric that will wear well.
Canvas is ok for very small tool pouches, but it will get dirty quickly, is more likely to rip or tear, and will not protects your tools from dampness, grease, etc.
How Is It Made?
A tool pouch must be durable. I always recommend buying double seam storage systems. If one seam starts to give way, the other seam will still work, giving you time to get home and make repairs.
Also, look for reinforced pockets. Metal rivets, rubber bottoms, plastic feet, all these things will help your tool pouch to last longer and protect your tools.
Do the Pockets Close?
If you prefer open pockets, this won’t affect you. But if you carry a lot of tools, expensive tools, or if you aren’t sure what you need in a tool pouch, remember that if the pockets close—if there is a zipper or a flap with Velcro over them—nothing will fall out. You don’t want to keep buying the same tools over and over because you lose them.
How To Wear A Tool Pouch?
There is nothing easier than putting on a tool pouch. You will do it in a few steps.
Choose A Belt
To begin with, the pouch can be fitted to any belt. There may be a metal clip, or the pouch may have a pocket that threads through the belt.
If you have your own belt, hook the tool pouch on and wear it.
If you want to have a special tool belt, you can buy it, since it is sold separately. You can also attach some tool pouches to suspenders or backpacks.
Care & Maintenance
Keep Your Tool Pouch Dry
This is especially important if you have a leather tool pouch (because the skin will deteriorate). You will need to waterproof leather pouches from time to time. Other materials have the property of water resistance and should not let water in, such as nylon and propylene.
A small hole will not cause an accident at your workplace. But as a hole gets bigger, you may lose a few valuable things. Check your tool pouch and keep it in good repair.
Use a damp cloth to clean your tool pouch, and do not put a tool pouch in a washing machine.
Check The Quality Of The Fasteners
After you attach the pouch to the shoulder strap, make sure that the strap is secure and it will not fall apart when you put the tools in the pouch.
How Many Pockets Do I Need?
It depends entirely on how many tools you need to take to work with you. If you don’t need certain tools, leave them at home. But a tool pouch that will carry the tools you need.
What Material Of The Tool Pouch Should I Have?
As I said, I recommend buying only practical materials such as nylon or polyester. If you do not work outside often, leather pouches can also be a great option.
Can I Install It On The Tool Belt I Already Have?
Yes, for sure. Most tool pouches exist precisely in order to complement the belt for tools in which there is not enough space for additional equipment.
So, people specifically buy additional tool pouches to put new tools there. You can do the same. But be sure that the belt and the holes in the pouches match each other (their size).
Now you know all about the best tool pouch for electricians & carpenters and how to choose the best one.
In addition, be sure that the size of your belt corresponds to the size of the tool pouch, and vice versa, if you already own a tool belt. Where you work, how much you work and other factors should be considered when you choose which tool pouch to buy.