Do you have many tools? Is your tool belt constantly full, and does your backache from the weight of carrying heavy tools on a tool belt?
It’s time to stop putting the weight on your belt and put it on your shoulders instead.
How can you do that? By wearing of the best tool belt suspenders. Suspenders are a great way to spread the weight of your tools across your shoulders and upper back throughout the day.
Best Tool Belt Suspenders – Comparison
Occidental Leather 5055
MLTOOLS Socket Organizer
Top 10 Tool Belt Suspender Reviews
Do you want to know which suspenders are good? Do you want to find the pair that’s easiest to wear? Just read the tool belt suspenders reviews below!
1. Occidental Leather 5055 Heavy Duty Suspenders
Occidental Leather has made a set of high quality and very comfortable heavy duty tool belt suspenders that effectively distribute the load from your tools across your back and shoulders.
The suspenders are made of leather straps and have leather inserts on the thick, padded nylon shoulder yoke as well. These leather inserts have a pair of small pockets for pencils or similar small tools. An extra belt across the chest keeps the suspenders from slipping sideways due to the weight of the tools.
The bottom of the suspenders attaches to a belt up to 3” wide. The back of the suspenders has a handy D ring that you use to hang up the suspenders—don’t attach it to safety lines!
As for size, these occidental stronghold suspenders are suitable for people of about 6’ tall. You can buy an extender kit if you’re taller than that.
This is a deluxe set of suspenders that is made for heavy, daily work.
- It is definitely durable and will last a very long time, as it is made of leather straps and has metal rivets and hooks.
- The suspenders are suitable for most people, as the straps are adjustable.
- These suspenders sit comfortably on the shoulders.
- The weight of your tools is spread across your upper back, great for people with a sore lower back or hips.
- People over 6 feet tall may need to buy the extender kit.
2. Toughbuilt TOU-CT-51 Padded Suspenders for Tool Belt
Tough Built tool belt suspenders have a Clip Tech system, and the design is a little different with a much bigger yoke to spread weight across your shoulders. The manufacturer claims that these suspenders can withstand extreme stress, and it wouldn’t surprise me. The fabric seems good quality, and the stress points are reinforced with rivets.
The suspenders are designed for people up to 6’ tall, which is standard for work suspenders.
There are two places on the shoulders where you can attach extra ClipTech pouches, and there’s a loop on the back for hanging up the suspenders when you take them off. These suspenders can be used with all ToughBuilt’s padded tool belts.
- The suspenders are compatible with any ToughBuilt tool holders, and this is ideal if you use these products.
- Two attachment points let you add more storage pouches if you need them.
- The suspenders are lightweight and well padded, so they’re comfortable to wear for long periods of tie.
- The chest belt is constantly stretching and I had to adjust it several times a day.
3. ToolsGold Heavy Duty Tool Belt Suspenders
ToolsGold makes these suspenders. They have a standard 3” wide loop to attach to tool belts. The straps, as expected, are adjustable. A really nice feature is that these suspenders have a removeable pouch that fits the big cell phones, including iPhones, along with 3 pencil holders.
You can even use a gel pack with these suspenders! So if you’re roofing on a hot summer day, you can stay cooler by using a frozen gel pack in the pouch designed for it.
It is perfect as an electrician’s tool belt, and as a roofer’s or carpenter’s tool belt because these durable belts are able to hold the weight of many tools. These are the best suspenders for work in hot conditions.
- The ability to put a frozen gel pack in the pouch and cool your back is really wonderful on a hot summer day.
- It is strong and can withstand the weight of many different tools of different sizes.
- I like the shoulder pad, which are well padded and comfortable even when the belt is fully loaded. .
- The pouch for big cell phones is really handy. Now I don’t have to keep my iPhone in my tool box.
- The shoulder part was not flexible enough to lie right on my shoulders, and this caused me a little discomfort until I had used the suspenders for a while.
4. DEWALT DG5132 Tool Belt Suspenders
For some reason DeWalt is calling this a tool apron, but it is really suspenders. These Dewalt tool belt suspenders are a classically robust DeWalt product. Instead of the usual x-cross in the back these suspenders come down from the yoke in an inverted letter V shape. So if you don’t like the cross-back suspender style, give these a try!
Made of tough Dri-Lex fabric, that doesn’t hold moisture or heat, these suspenders are built tough. The suspenders have a neoprene-padded cell phone holder that closes with a hook and loop. This is great, because if you bend over a lot you can keep your cell phone handy and you don’t have to worry about it falling out of the pocket.
The chest strap keeps the suspenders firmly in place and is adjustable. Also, the loops at the end of the suspenders are wider than usual at 4”, so they can attach to extra-wide tool belts. These are the best tool belt suspenders for carpenters, construction, DIYers and general laborers.
- The suspenders have loops that slide right over your tool belt, so there are no fasteners to break on the ends of the suspenders.
- The chest attachment is easy to adjust and keeps the straps from slipping.
- I used it with a wide, heavyweight tool belt and it performed fine.
- I liked this unusual design in the back of the suspenders.
- These are really medium duty to light duty suspenders, not heavy-duty.
5. SpeedSquareare Lightweight Tool Belt Suspenders
These padded tool belt suspenders by SpeedSquareare comfortable, thick suspenders that effectively distribute the weight of your tools and prevent you from feeling pain in the back and shoulders.
The straps are adjustable (from 36 to 46 inches in length), and metal loops allow you to firmly fasten it to any belt. You may also notice a chest belt that does not allow the shoulder belts to slide down from the shoulders.
There is an air mesh lining that protects the main frame of the suspenders from hot or rainy weather. Such an air mesh is protected from bacteria (which are actively distributed in a humid environment). At the base of these suspenders is nylon, which leaves the straps light and makes you active throughout the day.
- Such suspenders give you quick access, as this has additional pockets (for phone, pencil, which are mounted on a good Velcro).
- You can install these braces to any belt with any tools – from carpenter tools to electrician tools.
- The belts are adjustable and can be quite long, so the suspenders are great for people of any height.
- I never got sweaty when I used these suspenders because it prevents sweat from forming.
- The suspenders are quite light and I do not feel overweight on my shoulders and can actively move around the construction site.
- Pockets are placed so high that they become useless for a tall person.
- Metal parts are subject to the rapid formation of rust.
6. CLC Custom Leathercraft 5122 Construction Tool Belt Suspenders
The CLC 5122 tool belt suspenders successfully performs its main task – it transfers the weight of your tools from your waist to your shoulders. The suspenders have a chest belt, and the left and right straps intersect at the back through a leather insert. The suspenders are made of heavy duty nylon, which will last for many years.
These suspenders fit people up to about 6 feet tall and are adjustable length, both in front, as well as in the back. These suspenders have 3” loops to fit on a belt.
The width of the suspenders is just over one inch, and they are well padded at the shoulders; the straps cross in the back for added stability and comfort, distributing the weight of your tools across both sides of your back.
- The straps are attached at all four ends with a Velcro, so it’s easy to adjust the straps and they stay securely fastened.
- The suspenders are durable and perfect for everyday use.
- Since these are made of nylon, they are lighter weight than the suspenders made of leather. This is great for anyone with back problems.
- Taller people will need to buy the strap extension kit.
7. MagnoGrip 002-924 – Magnetic Tool Belt Suspenders
The MagnoGrip 002-924 tool belt suspenders have a really helpful feature – a magnet! This holds small fasteners like nails and screws so its fast and easy to get to them, or you can use it to hold screwdrivers, pliers, and other small tools. The magnet is also detachable.
The suspenders are well constructed, made from 1680D double layered ballistic nylon that is reinforced with rivets at the key stress points. The shoulder area is well padded, so you will be comfortable wearing these suspenders. The suspenders fit a person up to six feet tall and the lower part of the straps are adjustable.
The suspenders attach to your belt with sturdy metal clips. There are four clips in total and it is universally suitable for any belt.
The suspenders also have a pocket to store your phone. Although MagnoGrip is not a well-known brand, perhaps it should be!
- These suspender straps do not stretch, so you don’t have to keep adjusting them.
- The magnet is handy for holding nails and screws where it’s easy for me to get at them.
- These suspenders have a pocket for a cell phone, which is handy if you keep getting calls while you’re working.
- The alligator clips broke sooner than expected.
8. Holdup Contractor Series – Adjustable Work Tool Belt Suspender
These suspenders from Hold-Up Suspenders Co have a classic look but they’re lighter weight than many other suspenders we tested. The 2” wide elastic straps are made of cotton-polyester and feature patented jumbo non-slip metal clips on each end.
These suspenders can be washed by hand, but don’t put them in a washing machine because of the metal clips. The straps go through a leather patch and cross in the back, a time-tested design.
The suspenders are offered in a dozen different colors from basic black to bright red, so you can stand out on the job site.
- The metal clips have a special design to stop them from slipping.
- The elastic straps lengthen or contract as I stand up or bend forward, so I didn’t have any loose, baggy suspenders when I was bending over to work.
- I get sweaty when I’m working hard, and these suspenders can be washed.
- Sometimes the clips dig into my back when I’m driving.
- Some owners have had trouble with the length adjustment.
9. Gatorback B606 Molded Air Channel Suspenders with Spring Hooks
Do you want to have some top-rated adjustable tool belt suspenders? Then start with the Gatorback B606 molded air channel suspenders.
The brand takes care of your back with thick, molded foam shoulder pads that have air ventilation. The suspenders distribute weight by crossing across your back. The intersection area is firmly sewn with a leather piece on top, a nice styling detail.
The suspenders are adjustable and clip onto tool belts using spring metal hooks. The belt is surprisingly heavy, which shows the quality of the materials.
- The air channel system helps to ventilate the suspenders so I don’t get as hot.
- Gatorback suspenders will clip onto any tool belt.
- It is one of the few braces that are great for tall people and do not create discomfort during use.
- Very comfortable to wear all day.
- It is only suitable for medium or above average height users; shorter people (5’6”) can’t adjust the suspenders to be short enough.
10. Carhartt Legacy Deluxe Tool Belt Suspenders
Carhartt suspenders have a back yoke with straps coming down in a Y-shape to the center of your tool belt. This is unusual, as most suspenders have two straps coming down in the back. But you may find that you like this design.
Made of 100% polyester treated with Rain Defender water repellant, these suspenders are ready to wear outside. In addition, polyester is famous for the fact that it is quite well breathable.
The padded shoulder straps are soft, bendable, and feature air mesh, so they’re comfortable. Also, the front suspenders are padded further down the chest than some other suspenders.
As for the belts, it is adjustable on the front and back and provides a secure fit. The suspenders are very lightweight.
- There’s no chest strap, so if you don’t like chest straps this is a good design for you.
- The points of maximum stress are reinforced with double seams and are well sewn.
- These suspenders are water repellant, which is handy if you work outside a lot.
- These are incredibly light weight, so if you need to minimize the weight you’re carrying consider these suspenders.
- This is not as comfortable around my neck as some other tool belt suspenders.
Overview of The Best Tool Belt Suspenders
Each builder has many tasks. One day you need to install roofing, cabinets, and so on. And each task requires many tools. And you want to keep your tools handy so you don’t waste time on the job.
It is reasonable to store all the necessary tools on the tool belt, but one day it will get too heavy. And if your pants start falling—well, you don’t want that to happen. Fortunately, there are construction-grade tool suspenders that the heavy weight of a tool belt and distribute it across your shoulders.
Benefits of Using Tool Belt Suspenders
You might ask, Why do so many people use best tool belt suspenders? The fact is that these suspenders offer a major advantage: they distribute the weight from your lower back up to your shoulders, so you don’t get lower back aches. And they offer some other useful features.
Suspenders Save Precious Time
You have to be as productive as possible in a short time. And by using tool belt suspenders, you are more comfortable, which helps you to work more productively.
By distributing the weight of your tools up to your shoulders, you can continue to carry all the major tools you need around with you, so they’re right at hand when you need them. And when you’re getting paid by the job instead of by the hour, that’s important.
Tool belt suspenders come in a variety of styles, so you can find the one that feels best for you. Some have chest straps, some don’t. Some have a yoke across the back of the neck. Many suspenders cross over your back in an X-shape, and some come down from the yoke in a Y-shape or an upside down V shape. Try them; you’ll find one that fits your body and the weight of your tools.
Increases Productivity Several Times
Have you always wanted to be more productive at work? Tool belt suspenders will free you from fatigue and pain in the lower back and around your waist, so your tool belt and pants don’t slip down any more. You’ll have the tools you need right where you can get at them, saving you time and effort.
Workplace Becomes Safer
This is due to the fact that the suspenders distribute the weight of your tools, thus taking the load off your lower back and waist. Back injuries are painful, and it can take a long time to recover from them. Don’t risk it. Get a good pair of tool belt suspenders instead.
Types of Work Suspenders
In addition to the different designs I mentioned earlier, some tool belt suspenders even have a pocket where you can carry a frozen gel pack. This helps you to be comfortable and productive when you’re working in high heat conditions, and can help you avoid heatstroke.
Fully Adjustable Suspenders
The suspenders are fully adjustable on the front and back straps, and if you’re tall you can get an extender so the suspenders will fit you (most suspenders are made for users up to 6 feet tall). Some suspenders do not adjust enough for shorter users, so check the reviews and get the best tool belt suspenders for you.
Attaching Suspenders to Your Tool Belt
Suspenders can attach to a tool belt with four loops – two on the front and on the two rear. With these suspenders you thread the tool belt right through the suspenders’ loops. Or, the suspenders may have a variety of clips that snap the suspenders to D-rings or hooks on your tool belt.
Tool Belt Suspenders Materials
Suspenders come in leather, fabrics such as cotton-polyester, ballistic nylon, and 100% polyester. The leather tool belt suspenders have a substantial, classic look; the polyester suspenders may resist rain and sweat better. The cotton-polyester suspenders are hand washable. So you have some excellent choices, depending on what you prefer, your working conditions and the weight of the tools you’ll be supporting with the suspenders.
Best Tool Belt Suspenders – Buying Guide
So, we would like to give some key pointers on how do you choose the best suspenders for tool belt.
Pay Attention to Quality And Durability
Everyone knows that the higher the quality of the product, the more durable the product will be. Consider the weight of the tools you’ll be hanging from your tool belt, plus any pockets or compartments on the suspenders themselves. Look for materials that are strong enough to last.
Also, check the quality of the seams. Are they sewn well? Reinforced at the stress points?
Suspenders Should Be Wide
It’s a fact: wide suspenders provide better support. Check it out easily – a backpack with thin straps makes your shoulders ache in an hour, and a backpack with thick straps is more comfortable on your shoulders. The more your tools weigh, the more important it is to have wide straps on the suspenders. You may also find that a yoke behind your neck helps to distribute the weight.
How About Brands?
It is not necessary to choose only well-known brands; there are newer companies that made good quality products too. Look at the design, the quality of the materials (including any snaps), and read our reviews. You may find what you need in a newer brand.
Everyone knows about this brand because it is known for its high-quality and durable suspenders. As the brand name suggests, they make leather tool belt suspenders.
This brand is positioning itself as a manufacturer of the most durable and high-quality products.
ToughBuilt is another brand that manufactures tool belts and suspenders. They also offer integrated solutions, that is, they have pockets and other storage attachments that are made to clip onto their suspenders.
It’s an interesting marketing ploy, and it can be useful for you if you like the products of this brand.
SpeedSquare is a brand that is very similar toToughBuilt. What does that mean? It means that the SpeedSquare suspenders work best with tool belts made by SpeedSquare.
This brand makes suspenders and other products from durable nylon, not leather.
Also, SpeedSquare makes suspenders are customizable and the manufacturer supplies the suspenders with an additional chest belt.
In fact, you might have thought that these suspenders are made by TradeGear, but both companies work in partnership. These suspenders use the X-cross construction, and are made of nylon. These are strongand lightweight.
Custom Leathercraft is a very famous brand. Have you seen their products? They’re excellent. In particular, this applies to their suspenders.
These suspenders use a crossover at the back. Moreover, the belt-crossing zone is reinforced with a leather insert. The shoulder part of the suspenders is reinforced, which supports the weight of your tools better. It’s a high-quality option.
I bet not many people have heard of MagnoGrip. It is one of the few brands that use polyester for their suspenders. That is why the suspenders are very lightweight.
These suspenders also have an interesting design. Each edge is equipped with a hook.
How To Wear Tool Belt Suspenders
Fit to the belt
Before buying suspenders, you should try them on with your tool belt. Why is this important? Because if you try on suspenders without a load, you can’t tell how they will feel when you’re working.
Take the suspenders and secure the edges to the hooks that are on the belt. Sometimes there are hooks only on suspenders, and there are loops on the belt. Secure it anyway.
Now it is time for the suspenders. Just pull the suspenders over the shoulders. Adjust the length of the straps. If you have a chest strap, adjust that too.
Are you comfortable?
Be sure that you feel comfortable and you can walk like that all day long. Are you uncomfortable? Reinstall the suspenders and open the belt.
Care and Maintenance
Protect from Water
If your suspenders are made of leather, keep them dry; don’t wear them if you’re working in the rain. Otherwise, your shirt and any outerwear will be colored by the leather dye. Leather doesn’t like water, either; if it gets wet, clean leather suspenders with saddle soap. Other materials like nylon and polyester are fine if you need to work in humid or light rain conditions. Cotton polyester straps may stretch a little if they become wet.
Do Not Overload with Tools
Buy suspenders that can support the weight of your tools. There’s no point buying light duty suspenders for a really heavy tool belt.
Keep Your Suspenders in Good Condition
If the suspenders are wet, dry them thoroughly. If you find a hole or defect (as part of your daily check), fix it. Suspenders distribute weight all day, so you’ll quickly ruin your suspenders if you don’t fix any little holes or tears. Look after your suspenders and they’ll last for years.
FAQ on Work Suspenders
Who makes the best tool belt suspenders?
Occidental Leather, ToughBuilt, Speed Square, Custom Leathercraft makes top quality tool belt suspenders.
How Often Should I Use Suspenders for A Tool Belt?
You can use suspenders whenever you’re working and need to keep heavy tools on your tool belt. And you can leave the suspenders at home if you are not going to wear a lot of tools on your tool belt.
Will the Suspenders Rub My Shoulders?
Not if you have a good quality pair of suspenders that fits you well. You may also need to use a chest strap to keep your suspenders in place. That’s easy to do!
Are There Any Sizes for Suspenders?
Yes, suspenders have a size, or rather a height. Most suspenders are made for people 6 feet tall or less. Taller people can use an extender. Some suspenders fit tall people better than shorter people. Read the manufacturer’s description, and try the suspenders on with your fully-loaded tool belt.
The best tool belt suspenders for you could be made from a variety of materials, with or without cell phone pockets, and could be a variety of styles. The only way to know for sure is to try on the suspenders with your fully loaded tool belt.
Once you find the right suspenders, they’ll distribute the weight of your tools onto your shoulders and upper back. And any suspenders cope with this task. You want to have the best, most durable and high quality product, so read our reviews and stay updated on all the new models in the market!
- Best Tool Belt Suspenders – Comparison
- Top 10 Tool Belt Suspender Reviews
- 1. Occidental Leather 5055 Heavy Duty Suspenders
- 2. Toughbuilt TOU-CT-51 Padded Suspenders for Tool Belt
- 3. ToolsGold Heavy Duty Tool Belt Suspenders
- 4. DEWALT DG5132 Tool Belt Suspenders
- 5. SpeedSquareare Lightweight Tool Belt Suspenders
- 6. CLC Custom Leathercraft 5122 Construction Tool Belt Suspenders
- 7. MagnoGrip 002-924 – Magnetic Tool Belt Suspenders
- 8. Holdup Contractor Series – Adjustable Work Tool Belt Suspender
- 9. Gatorback B606 Molded Air Channel Suspenders with Spring Hooks
- 10. Carhartt Legacy Deluxe Tool Belt Suspenders
- Overview of The Best Tool Belt Suspenders
- Wrapping Up