Is your tool belt constantly full, and does your backache from heaviness?
You have to stop wearing the weight on your belt and put it on your shoulders.
Use the best tool belt suspenders.
Suspenders are a great way to keep up the weight of the necessary tools throughout the day. Believe my great experience: you will remain productive, active and full of energy even at the end of work.
Here a problem arises: there are a lot of suspenders, and they all look about the same. What choice to make? To answer this question, I collected tool belt suspenders reviews, from those that are checked by friends, by me or by the time.
Do you want to know what suspenders are the best? Do you want to ease the “wear”? Follow me below!
Best Tool Belt Suspenders in 2019
1. Occidental Leather 5055 Stronghold Suspension SystemOccidental Leather has made quality and very comfortable suspenders that effectively distribute the load during the work with many tools.
The suspenders are made of leather incompletely and have leather inserts on the shoulders as well. These leather inserts have a pair of small pockets. An extra belt is in the chest area.
It is easily adjustable – and it comes as a chest strap, as well as suspenders. As for size, these occidental stronghold suspenders are suitable for people of any height.
And by the way, you can install these best suspenders for tool belt on any belt, since these suspenders are equipped with loops on aluminum hooks.
- It is definitely a durable thing that will last a very long time, as it has leather at the base, metal rivets and hooks.
- The suspenders are suitable for tall and short people, as you can adjust the straps to any length.
- These suspenders sit comfortably on the shoulders and because of the thick nylon shoulder inserts you do not feel heavy or tired.
- It has many additional accessories that effectively distribute the weight (chest belt).
- And yes, I have been using such suspenders for several years now and it looks like new.
- The soft shoulder part extends forward when moving and it ceases to be comfortable.
- In practice, this seems shorter than when purchased.
2. CLC Custom Leathercraft 5122 Padded Construction SuspendersCLC tool belt suspenders successfully performs its main task – it transfers weight from the belt to the shoulders. For this purpose, the suspenders have a chest belt, an intersection of the belts at the back and a leather insert to support the intersection.
Everyone can enjoy using these suspenders, because it has a fully adjustable length, both in front, as well as in the back.
These best heavy duty suspenders are fastened with a loop – as simple and universal as possible to any belt – 2 or 3 inches, despite the fact that the width of the suspenders belts is just over one inch.
The basis of this suspender is nylon – durable and strong material. Therefore, you can be sure it will last a long time.
- The straps are attached at all four ends with a Velcro fastener and this holds very well throughout the working day.
- The suspenders are durable and perfect for everyday use because no defect is formed on them even when I carry 20 pounds of weight in my pockets.
- Straps do not slip from the shoulders because the crossing blocks any slide, which adds comfort.
- It fits any belt of a different diameter, which makes these suspenders versatile.
- Low and tall people can use these suspenders because the belts are easily adjustable from all sides.
- The leather inset in the cross falls down the back when moving.
3. Padded Tool Belt Suspenders w/Phone Pocket, Chest Strap, Pencil SleevePadded tool belt suspenders by SpeedSquare is comfortable thick suspenders that effectively distribute the weight and prevent you from feeling pain in the back and shoulders.
The straps are adjustable (from 36 to 46 inches in length), and metal loops allow you to firmly fasten it to any belt. You may also notice a chest belt that does not allow the shoulder belts to slide down from the shoulders.
There is an air mesh lining that protects the main frame of the suspenders from hot or rainy weather. Such an air mesh is protected from bacteria (which are actively distributed in a humid environment).
At the base of these suspenders is nylon, which leaves the straps light and makes you active throughout the day.
- Such suspenders give you quick access, as this has additional pockets (for phone, pencil, which are mounted on a good Velcro).
- You can install these braces to any belt with any tools – from carpenter tools to electrician tools.
- The belts are adjustable and can be quite long, so the suspenders are great for people of any height.
- I never got sweaty when I used these suspenders because it prevents sweat from forming.
- The suspenders are quite light and I do not feel overweight on my shoulders and can actively move around the construction site.
- Pockets are placed so high that they become useless for a tall person.
- Metal parts are subject to the rapid formation of rust.
4. MagnoGrip 002-924 Magnetic Suspenders, BlackMagnoGrip 002-924 tool belt suspender made from 100% polyester. The shoulder area is rather thick and long. In accordance with this, only the lower part of the straps is adjusted.
But this does not mean that the belts are short. On the contrary, it increases to a maximum of 60 inches in length. That is why even an extremely tall person can use these suspenders.
The suspenders are attached to the belt with plastic hooks. There are four hooks in total and it is universally suitable for any belt.
A chest strap that blocks the slipping of the suspenders belts complements the design. In addition, this suspender has a magnet for wrenches, nails, or other electrician tools, as well as a pocket for the phone.
- These belts do not stretch, which is very convenient if you are looking for a long-term product.
- Suspenders are suitable for any height, including very tall people.
- The magnetic holder allows me to remain active and fruitful as part of the workflow.
- The suspenders are suitable for different belts, despite the fact that the fastening system is plastic and has the same size.
- The straps of these suspenders are also adjustable and tight, so it is convenient to use.
- Plastic hooks may break.
5. Holdup Contractor Series 2″ X-back Work Suspenders with Patented No-slip ClipsThese suspenders from Hold-Up Suspenders Co have a classic look and it is difficult to imagine that this is intended for the transport of construction tools. Nevertheless, it is the best work suspenders because it is elastic and durable.
Each belt has a length of 2 inches, and at the end of the belt is placed a metal clip called Jumbo.
In addition, these belts do not slip over the shoulders, because it has a cross-zone, which is securely fastened with a leather insert.
And despite the completely classic look, these suspenders are adjustable and can be short and long.
- Metal clips have a special style in order not to slip.
- Belts withstand weight up to 25 pounds, which indicates the strength of this.
- Cross-system really resists the slipping of the straps from the shoulders and it does not hamper your movements during the day.
- Belts are adjustable and feel great even with a height of 6 feet.
- Belts sit firmly on the shoulders and do not stretch even if you catch the suspenders to the belt with the tools.
- The clips do not look strong enough and wear out quickly because it seems that their purpose is to hold the pants.
- Belts make a strange sound when moving (washing can fix this).
6. Toughbuilt Padded Suspenders for Tool Belt Even Weight DistributionTough Built tool belt suspenders have a Clip Tech system, but overall, it looks like many of the previous suspenders.
The manufacturer claims that these suspenders can withstand extreme stress. Interestingly, at the ends of the belts are placed hooks, which are suitable for loops and holsters.
The straps are pretty tight and this makes it the most comfortable tool belt suspenders. The shoulder area is extended and supports not only the shoulders but also the back. There is a load belt to hold the shoulder area in place while driving.
Yes, these suspenders are compatible with all storage systems that are manufactured by ToughBuilt.
- The suspenders are compatible with any ToughBuilt tool holders, and this is ideal if you use these products.
- Two attachment points distribute the weight even better and you actually do not have a load only on the back or only on the shoulders.
- It looks great because of its durable hardware, sturdy fabric, and lasts a long time.
- ToughBuilt braces are suitable for people of any height (up to 6 feet).
- I like shoulder support that looks and works thoroughly; I did not feel any pain during the long months of work.
- The chest belt is constantly stretched and I had to adjust it several times a day.
7. Gatorback B606 Molded Air Channel Suspenders w/Spring HooksDo you want to have top rated adjustable tool belt suspenders? Then start with Gatorback B606 molded air channel suspender.
The brand really took care of your back and supplemented the design with thick shoulder plates that have air ventilation and are regulated.
Certain support is provided by the cross-system, which is firmly fastened with a leather insert (will not slide). Each belt suspenders adjustable and suitable for tall people.
How to fix this? With the help of spring metal hooks that can be attached to the rings on various straps for tools.
It is based on waterproof and breathable nylon, which does not give your back more weight.
- These light nylon suspenders do not increase the tension on my shoulders and back, do not spoil in the rain and do not make me sweat in the heat.
- Gatorback suspenders are suitable for any tool belt I have.
- It is one of the few braces that are great for tall people and do not create discomfort during use.
- The shoulder plates are adjustable and do not slip, which is just a SENSATION for nylon suspenders.
- I do not feel pain and fatigue during the day due to the cross-system and it does not slip, so I keep active and not shivering.
- It is only suitable for medium or above average height because low people will be uncomfortable.
8. DEWALT DG5132 Heavy-duty Yoke-Style SuspendersDewalt tool belt suspenders are classically robust suspender. The only difference from other suspenders is that the back part comes out with the letter V (inverted) from the shoulder plate.
Both front and rear belts are adjustable and you can be of any height and size to use it comfortably.
How to install it? You can install these suspenders to any belt that reaches a maximum of 4 inches in width.
The shoulders are supported by soft Dri-Lex plastic, which prevents the straps from squeezing into your skin and creating unpleasant sensations.
These best yoke style tool belt suspenders also has an extra phone pocket and chest buckle to hold the straps on your shoulders all day.
- Loops made of cloth (and not metal) stay in business longer and do not rust (like metal), and are also more versatile, for which I love it.
- The straps really do not slip over the shoulder and do not rake me because of the chest attachment.
- I used it for a heavyweight belt and did not get any defects on the suspenders and back pain, that is, the suspenders held well.
- It fits a huge number of belts for tools of any brand and holds weight well.
- I also noticed that my back does not sweat in hot weather when I wear these suspenders all day.
- Suitable for people of average and below average height – high tall people may simply not get the front straps.
9. Heavy Duty Work Suspenders for Men, Adjustable, Comfortable and paddedToolsGold made suspenders 3 inches wide. This is good because the suspenders must be wide in order to hold more weight.
Belts are adjustable if necessary. As you can see initially the belts are not long, most of the design is occupied by a wide shoulder compartment. This also has a positive effect on the extra support of your back.
In addition, the package also has a package, a Lock Loop cable for fixing the suspenders on the shoulders and a phone case. It seems that these suspenders have everything you need.
- Because the kit includes a strap for fastening the belt, these suspenders are suitable for most existing belts.
- The suspenders are equipped with additional storage systems, which increases my productivity even more than the tool belt does.
- It is strong and can withstand the weight of many different tools of different sizes.
- I like the shoulder supplement, which feels like a pillow, where I can put something cooling.
- These belts are fully adjustable at the back, as well as the front so that it fits for a wide category of people – for me as a man of medium height it fits.
- The shoulder part is not soft enough to lie on the shoulders smoothly and this causes (to me) a little discomfort when used.
10. Carhartt Legacy Deluxe Tool Belt SuspendersCarhartt suspenders have the most uncomplicated design, which includes the shoulder part and three belts. All this is made of polyester, which is Rain Defender. In addition, polyester is famous for the fact that it is quite well breathable.
The shoulder straps are soft, bend and comfortably sit on the shoulders and back partially. It is comfortable and keeps well throughout the day.
As for the belts, it is adjustable on all three sides and provides a secure fit. By the way, you can install these suspenders only to the Carhartt Legacy Tool Belt Deluxe – this is a feature of the mounting system.
Such suspenders are initially lightweight – only 0.6 pounds of weight and do not give extra weight when used.
- Carhartt suspenders are fairly durable and can hold well heavy tools, despite the fact that polyester is not the most durable material.
- It is protected from water and does not get wet creating discomfort, and also does not create sweat on your back when you wear it in hot weather.
- All three belts are adjustable and conveniently placed, do not crush, if you fit in size.
- The points of maximum stress are reinforced with a double seam and do not allow the suspenders to get a defect during use.
- Such suspenders are perfectly combined with any storage systems of this manufacturer.
- The belts move and begin to rub the neck when you have already tuned it.
Overview of The Best Tool Belt Suspenders
Each builder has many tasks. One day you need to install cabinets, make roofing and so on. And each task requires a large number of tools.
It is reasonable to store all the necessary tools in the tool belt, but one day it will be very difficult. Fortunately, people have invented suspenders which make the heavy weight of the belt easy.
Benefits of Using Tool Belt Suspenders
You might think: Why do so many people use best tool belt suspenders?
The fact is that suspenders have a huge number of advantages than its absence.
In addition to the fact that most of the suspenders are “breathable” and do not allow your back to sweat, that is quickly adjusted as you like, is durable and has additional holders, suspenders do much more for you.
It Saves Precious Time
Time at work has a special value, and everyone knows that. You have to be as productive as possible in a short time. And when you use suspenders, you manage it.
You do not feel the heavy weight of the pockets, as you wear suspenders, and that is why you do not remove the tool belt, but carry it with you.
Regardless of how long you work, your tools continue to be around. You are not hard, so you do not waste time on extra rest or trying to bring back to their senses.
It is comfortable
At 99.9%! Real talk, in my whole life I have seen many different devices that are designed for weight distribution and additional support. But no one was so comfortable as the suspenders are.
You can adjust this to your style, so the suspenders will lay down like another part of the body. If you adjust the suspenders correctly, you will not notice their presence on your shoulders.
Increases Productivity Several Times
Have you always wanted to be more productive at work? It turns out that it does not need to go to the coach, it is enough to buy suspenders.
Tool belt suspenders, better than any coach, will free you from quick fatigue and pain in the back and muscles, or from “fix the belt slipping down”.
Workplace Becomes Safer
First of all, this is due to the fact that the suspenders distribute the weight and it is harder for you to get injured or pull your back.
It is no secret that the work of the builder often occurs in unpredictable places such as the roof or trees. In this case, the suspenders will be an indispensable security system and will not allow heavy tools to weigh you at height.
Types of Tool Belt Suspenders
It seems that the suspenders are all the same and cannot be divided into several types. Perhaps this is true, but every suspenders have something special.
Fully Adjustable Suspenders
The peculiarity of such suspenders is that it has a fully adjustable contour, as well as a soft back and shoulders.
The size of such suspenders reaches up to 6 feet. Why such a big size? It can be useful when lengthening the suspenders.
At first glance, it seems that such suspenders are perfect. Is it really? Actually, such fully adjustable suspenders also have a drawback.
For example, it has a minimal pad, which is sufficient only to cover the back and shoulders.
Usually, they are attached to the belt with four loops – two front and two rear.
Such hanging suspenders are heavy, but this is their plus because it is durable.
Handing suspenders can also be customized for your style and comfort.
The main advantage of this type of braces is that it has several attachment points. That is, you attach it to any angle of the belt. What does it mean?
It means that several attachment points provide better weight distribution and you practically do not feel the weight of the tools in the tool belt.
Design Types of Tool Belt Suspenders
What am I talking about? It is about cross straps on the back with or without an additional insert in the intersection area, a chest belt and so on.
Suspenders without such “lotions” is no better and no worse. Therefore, there is not much difference between them. In theory, all these features should provide additional support and comfort. So choose any type from the ones you like.
Material Types of Tool Belt Suspenders
There is not much difference between fully adjustable suspenders and not completely. The material is of great importance. Here the rule works: the stronger the material, the better for you.
Looking for the best tool belt suspenders you will find suspenders from different materials. It can be leather, polyester, and nylon. I bet you have already heard about each of these materials with the exception of gelloam.
This type of gelloam suspenders is a great choice for those who do not want to sweat and have spoiled clothes. What is gelloam?
It is a gel-like foam that “breathes”, that is, it lets in air. This material is better than leather because it does not paint clothes when it gets wet and is better than nylon because it is more durable and breathable.
Features To Look For During Purchase
What Material to Choose?
Sometimes I forget about the existence of others because there are so many nylon suspenders that. But in fact, the choice of materials is quite large.
You can choose leather, gel foam, polyester or nylon. Which one is better?It is difficult to answer unequivocally because each material has certain advantages and disadvantages.
Many people opt for a golden medium – gel foam or nylon. Such a choice is because the skin is not resistant to precipitation and can be damaged (as well as heavy, although strong).
Polyester is resistant to various weather conditions, but not durable. And nylon and gel foam perfectly survive both snow, and rain, and winter in Africa, without making you sweat or have spoiled tools. In addition, both materials are strong, relatively durable.
Pay Attention to Quality And Durability
Even a small child knows that the higher the quality of the product, the more durable the product.
Check the quality of the seams and various parts, as well as the reserve belt suspenders. It is important because you buy suspenders for the long term, and your size may change and it will not always be a decrease if you know what I mean.
Do The Zippers On The Suspenders Match The Loops On Your Tool Belt?
If you already have a belt for tools, and you are looking for suspenders, you will be sure that it fits each other like yin and yang, then.
If the suspenders are not suitable for your specific belt or vice versa, all you can do is to congratulate yourself on a meaningless purchase and return it back.
Paying attention to the hooks, examine their quality, because when using hooks can fall out, and suspenders will be broken.
Suspenders Should Be Wide
It is a fact: wide suspenders provide better support. Check it out easily – a backpack with thin straps makes your shoulders ache in an hour after you wearied it, and a backpack with thick straps holds the weight longer with all its might. Have you ever noticed it?
Even if you did not notice, believe me. Wide suspenders hold weight, keep your shoulders, and back in good shape for a long time.
Is it comfortable?
Do not hesitate to try on suspenders in the store or immediately as the courier will give you the goods. Suspenders should seem to you as another part of the body, that is, to be as comfortable as possible for you.
No one should sag; no belts should dangle when moving.
How About Brands?
It is not necessary to choose the old brands known to everyone, because it does not mean that such brands make quality products. It is not necessarily the case because they are monopolists.
And if you are interested in my opinion that was not paid by brands and corporations, I have compiled best tool belt suspenders reviews of seven brands that, I think, make quality suspenders.
Everyone knows about this brand because it is known for its high-quality and durable suspenders. As the brand name suggests, they make leather tool belt suspenders.
This brand is positioning itself as a manufacturer of the most durable and quality products.
Given that they use the leather, it is probably really durable. I like these suspenders because it serves a really long time.
ToughBuilt is the brand that manufactures specific items and tool belt and suspenders. That is, each part can be attached only to items from this brand.
That is why you can only use ToughBuilt suspenders with a ToughBuilt belt. It is an interesting marketing ploy, and it can be useful for you if you like the products of this brand.
SpeedSquare is the brand that is very reminiscent of ToughBuilt. What does it mean? It means that the SpeedSquare suspenders are suitable for the belt that was made by SpeedSquare.
This brand goes on a vegetarian way and makes suspenders and other products from durable nylon, not leather.
SpeedSquare makes suspenders that are fully customizable. Additionally, the manufacturer supplies the suspenders with an additional chest belt, so you should not feel heavy during the day.
And finally, we got to the brand that manufactures universal suspenders that fit most tool belts.
These suspenders are equipped with stainless steel rings and hooks, all of which together perform a fastening system.
King’s Harness makes fully customizable suspenders that suit people of any size as women, as well as men.
These suspenders also have additional storage pockets. I worked at heights with these suspenders, and it was quite comfortable to climb up.
In fact, you might have thought that these suspenders belong to TradeGear, but both companies work in partnership.
Such suspenders have a cross construction, which is made of nylon. That is, suspenders have high strength and density.
Yes, Gatorback’s suspenders intersect at the back, but it does not mean that it will disintegrate every time. The point is that the place of intersection is sewn with a special partition from a crossover.
Custom Leathercraft is a very famous brand. But the company has a similar popularity by chance.
Have you seen the products of this brand? It is incomparable. In particular, this applies to suspenders.
These suspenders are a crossover at the back. Moreover, the belt-crossing zone is reinforced with a leather insert.
The shoulder part of the suspenders is reinforced, which supports the weight better. The length of these suspenders is adjustable.
I bet not many people have heard of such a brand as MagnoGrip.
It is one of the few brands that use polyester as the basis for suspenders. That is why the suspenders from MagnoGrip are very light.
It also has an interesting design. Regular suspenders reinforced chest buckle. And by the way, the brand makes only universal suspenders. Each edge is equipped with a hook.
Which brand is better? You decide!
How To Wear Tool Belt Suspenders?
Fit to the belt
Before putting on suspenders, you should install it to the tool belt. Why is it important? Because if you try on suspenders without a load or not in the prescribed form, the meaning of the suspenders will be lost.
Take the suspenders and secure the edges to the hooks that are on the belt. Sometimes there are hooks only on suspenders, and there are loops on the belt. Secure it anyway.
Belt at first
It is logical to wear a belt for a start, and then suspenders. On the contrary, you just will not work. It is very simple to put on a belt, it is enough to pass the belt through the loops on the trousers or fasten it over the top.
Now it is time for suspenders. Just pull the suspenders on the shoulders. Yes, everything is very simple. If your suspenders intersect at the back, then put on the suspenders before you fasten the belt.
Are you comfortable?
Be sure that you feel comfortable and you can walk like that all day long. Are you uncomfortable? Reinstall the suspenders and open the belt.
Care and Maintenance
Use It In Unusual Situations
I speak about work at height. If you have to do something like this, please use braces to prevent overweight or to make the workflow safer (even if the tool belt) is not heavy.
Protect From Water
If your suspenders are made of leather. Otherwise, your shirt and any outerwear will be colored. Other materials are more patient with water. But walking with wet suspenders is not the best thing, is it?
Do Not Overweight of Tools
Many people think that when they use suspenders, they look like Atlantes who hold the sky. It is not so, it will still be hard for you, but much later. That is why you should know the measure and not fill the pockets of the belt for tools to the blade.
Keep Good Condition of the Suspenders
If the suspenders are wet, dry them thoroughly, then. If you find a hole or defect (as part of the daily check), eliminate it. Suspenders distribute weight almost all day, so it can get a defect at the end of the day.
How Often Should I Use Suspenders for A Tool Belt?
You can use suspenders all working hours. For example, construction work often lasts more than 6-7 hours.
You can use suspenders if you have to carry heavy tools. And you can leave the suspenders at home if you are not going to take a lot of tools.
In any case, you are free to wear suspenders for as long as you want it. But if you have back problems, then you should always use braces.
Should You Wear a Belt With Suspenders?
Yes, it is necessary regardless of whether you have back problems or you can move the train car with your teeth.
Anyway, the suspenders help distribute the weight evenly and move it from the back (bottom) onto the shoulders. It provides lightness for your back. In addition, when using suspenders movement and work become much more comfortable.
Will The Suspenders Rub (Make Friction) My Shoulders While I Use It?
You have two ways: suspenders rub and suspenders do not make friction on your shoulders.
In the first case, such suspenders are not suitable for you, or you installed it incorrectly. You would better change these suspenders because your shoulders will hurt and the meaning of the suspenders disappears.
In the second case, everything is OK, the suspenders are suitable for you and you made an excellent choice. Keep it up!
Are There Any Sizes For Suspenders?
Yes, suspenders have a size, or rather a height. It is important because people have different height. That is why all suspenders are adjusted to a variety of sizes.
There are suspenders that are suitable for people above six feet, and there are suspenders that are intended for people below five feet.
If you are very tall, then be sure that the suspenders that you choose have an additional hinge.
Best Tool Belt Suspenders from any material with or without additional storage areas will work fine. Due to the main idea of the suspenders is not that you can put the phone somewhere.
The main idea of suspenders is to distribute the weight on the shoulders and back, to be an additional support when you transport heavy tools.
And any suspenders cope with this task. We want to have the best, durable and quality product – it is natural. I recommend that you listen to my advice and choose carefully!
1. Top Quality Tool Pouch Reviews (Electricians & Carpenters)
2. Top Framing Tool Belt Reviews (Buying Guide)
3. Top Rated HVAC Tool Bag Reviews and Guide
4. Tool Backpack Ultimate Setup Guide by Expert