Is your job or hobby related to many tools and various equipment?
Do you have tools so much that you do not know how to organize it to be more productive in your work?
How about the best tool bags, which are the ideal means of storing and transporting tools?
You can be sure that the tool bag will make you more organized, productive and fast at work. Moreover, you will have everything you need for yourself with you.
I will not lie if I say that my life has changed dramatically after I decided to buy a tool bag. I no longer lose my tools and spend extra time searching for them.
Do you want to be free from unnecessary problems at work like me? Follow me below, then!
Top 10 Best Tool Bags Review
1. Stanley STST70574 12-Inch Soft Sided Tool BagStanley STST70574 Soft Sided tool bag review shows that is a small bag, which will hold all the necessary tools and will not be heavy.
This best small tool bag is great since all the tools stay inside and do not fall out. The material is soft, durable and resistant to various weather conditions, as well as to long use.
By the way, approximately every side has three pockets and that is enough for me. According to my observations, despite its small size, this bag is quite spacious and can fit a drill, a hammer, many screws, and other tools.
- Such a small bag is 12 inches in diameter.
- The bottom of the bag is reinforced with rubber foam to protect against water and bottom wear.
- At the base of the bag, there is 100% polyester, which is water-resistant, wear-resistant and reinforced on heavy seams.
- The design of the bag is durable, as it misses many small heavy tools and does not sag.
- Handles for transportation are conveniently located in the hand and do not dig in, leaving red lines on the hand.
- I always have quick access to tools of special importance due to external and internal pockets.
- The bag has a reinforced line in those places that are most susceptible to wear and defects.
- The heavy zipper withstands frequent use, does not tear and “lives” for a long time.
2. Custom LeatherCraft 1539 Multi-Compartment 50 Pocket Tool BagCLC 1539 tool bag is a very nice bag for frequent use. It is because of the unobvious bag features, such as the padded shoulder strap for bags. Therefore, the bag is very conveniently located on the shoulder and I do not feel tired.
The interior of the bag is spacious and provides space for a variety of tools regardless of industry: plumbing, electrician, HVAC tools, telecommunications masters and so on.
Heavy polyester holds the weight of each pocket filled. Also impressive is the pocket placement feature, which allows you to hold tools in place, regardless of whether the pocket is closed or not.
- The bag has 50 pockets with a size of 18x7x14 inches.
- It has a padded shoulder strap for added support.
- The main compartments of the bag are closed with ultra-strong zippers.
- This CLC tool bag allows me to stay organized, given that it has 50 pockets.
- You can store there large hand tools in the central compartment of this universal bag for all branches.
- I like the side panels because it prevents tools from leaking when carrying.
- Thanks to external pockets, you have quick access to the right tools.
- Fatigue in the shoulders and arms does not come for a long time due to the strong shoulder strap.
3. DEWALT DG5543 16 Inch Tradesman’s Tool BagDewalt Cordless 18 inch tool bag is suitable for those who have many oversized tools and have no idea where to store them. If you are one of these people, the giant central compartment of the bag will be a real salvation for you.
In my opinion, this is the best open top tool bag for professional and homeowner. Because this bag is designed for work, for quick and easy access to tools, fast movement without fatigue in the back.
I also like durable nylon at the base, as this allows me to carry many heavy tools and not be afraid that the bag will fall apart in a minute.
- This bag is open for quick and easy access to tools.
- It has 33 pockets of different size and capacity.
- The design of the bag is equipped with rubber feet for stability and durability.
- Handles are held tightly in their hands, do not slip and do not cause pain and fatigue in their hands.
- Durable fabric has not received defects for a long time of constant use.
- The bag is reinforced against wear with legs, reinforced corners, edges, and base pads.
- This spacious bag has many pockets and accommodates tools of different sizes and weights.
- I always have access to important tools because of the open bag (and also, therefore, all tools fit).
4. Klein Tools 55421BP Backpack Tradesman Pro Organizer with 39 PocketsI think this is the best tool bags for electricians because the backpack allows you to keep your hands free and keep all dangerous tools isolated. Although this bag will be good for any professional and amateur.
The backpack opens wide and holds many tools large and small, heavy and light. It was convenient for me to wear a backpack for a long time because of the comfortable back panel and handles.
If you are afraid for the safety of tools, then the Klein backpack is equipped with hard rubber on the bottom, which makes the backpack remain upright and dry quickly after rain.
- The backpack has 39 deep pockets and a central roomy compartment.
- The base of the backpack is completely molded.
- At the heart of the design of the backpack is 1680D ballistic weave for protection.
- The backpack has many pockets that hold tools of various sizes and types.
- The case is hard and it protects well the tools, glasses and other accessories that you keep in your backpack from damage.
- It is hard for you to keep your backpack away from damage.
- The backpack opens wide and so you have access to all the pockets and the bottom of the bag.
- Pockets are deep, which allows you to store long screwdrivers.
5. Veto Pro Pac TECH-LC Tool BagVeto tool bag is worth the money because it perfectly organizes and stores tools. This bag is not afraid of time and serves for a long time without repair.
Outwardly, it seems that the strap and handle of the bag are very hard and uncomfortable, but in reality, the handle is very soft.
There is also a strap included, which is wide and quite comfortable to carry. By the way, this best technician tool bag holds the weight well in 20-22 oz. You put there the tools of any profession.
- The basis of the design is durable waterproof nylon.
- These are universal 53 pockets and additional external fastenings for any tools.
- The bag has a reinforced plastic bottom from sticking and wear.
- This technical bag can be adapted to the tools of any professional because there are many pockets and it is universal.
- The bag is very spacious, not only because of the many pockets but also because of the free space in the central compartment.
- It can withstand a lot of weight and is not torn since all places prone to rupture are reinforced with plastic.
- The tools are well preserved inside this bag, as nylon does not allow moisture and air inside.
- There is easy access to the tools due to the extra 8 mounts and pockets outside.
6. Makita 831253-8 Contractor Tool Bag, 14″Makita tool bag has a classic design and a nice style with roomy pockets and durable handles. Yes, this bag is small, but it holds enough.
I would say that this is the best tool bag for contractor and painters because this bag has a small number of pockets but a lot of free space that can be useful for storing palettes and canvases. But this bag is versatile and can hold even a small circular saw with small tools.
Most of the case is plastic, so the bag can be a durable storage for your tools.
- Makita tool bag is a plastic case sheathed with a sturdy industrial fabric.
- The shoulder strap comes with reinforced carrying handles.
- There are several pockets inside and several hidden holders outside the bag.
- Pockets are deep and roomy so they hold tightly tools of any kind and do not allow this to fall out.
- The sturdy case resists tool wear and makes it durable.
- The fabric does not let in water and air and for a long time retains its good appearance.
- The bag has a zipper that works well for a long time and does not require support and repair.
- In the center of the bag, there is enough free space for large manual tools, computers, tablets, and other things.
7. Rothco Mechanics Tool Bag with Brass ZipperRothco mechanics tool bag review shows that is a classic tool bag that has four styles. The bag is made of solid canvas that holds the shape like a metal case that does not exist.
There are pockets inside as well as outside the bag. The inner part is closed with a zipper, and the outer pockets are closed with two latches.
The inside of the bag is quite spacious and has space for tools of any kind from electrician tools to fishing gear.
Generally, the bag is durable, does not allow water and air, and well isolates tools from the external environment. You also have easy access to the tools because of the external pocket.
- This Rothco’s best tool bag for mechanics is 11x7x 6 inches.
- The bag body is made of durable nylon that holds the shape.
- The storage system consists of eight pockets inside and one large pocket outside.
- The material is durable and waterproof, wear-resistant, and also keeps its shape which is very convenient to use.
- The pockets are roomy and this amount is quite enough to have all the necessary tools.
- The bag also has plenty of free space in the middle for oversized tools.
- Internal pockets are isolated from the external environment through a zipper, so that rainwater does not reach the tools.
- I easily and quickly got the necessary tool from an external pocket.
8. Genuine Dyson Vacuum Multi Tool Accessory Storage BagThey said that this is the best tool bag for air travel. And this is true because it is difficult to find something more compact than this bag.
Dyson tool bag has the form of a collapsible briefcase, which consists of three compartments. You fill each compartment with a small number of tools and fold to close.
How to wear it? The bag has a hook for which you must attach the belt. That is, the bag hangs on the binding.
Yes, you will not put all your tools there. The main goal of this bag is to be mobile and compact!
- The bag is a 32 inch L X15 ¾ inch W (open) roll storage system and 13 inches L X15 ¾ inch W (closed).
- The storage system includes six internal pockets.
- The material is waterproof polyester.
- The roll system is strong and effective for holding tools inside the bag.
- The belt hook is very durable and does not break loose.
- And the case of the bag really does not let in water and keeps the tools at the highest level.
- The carrying handle is reinforced and also not subject to the formation of defects.
- This form of the bag is very practical when traveling since the bag is placed compactly.
9. ToughBuilt – 2 Pack Cube Softboxes Tool BagToughBuilt tool bag has the strange shape of two containers that are joined together. What would such a bag design be useful? It will be useful for storing a small collection of tools.
You can also take this bag on trips and business trips, as the bag is quite compact in size and will not be bulky.
As the ToughBuilt tool bag review shows, you cannot put big tools in there, but it is free to store many small tools — the sturdy (and shockproof) material allows you to do this. So, you can have this bag for storing delicate tools.Bottom of Form
- The ToughBuilt tool bag is two wide containers of 6 inches in diameter each.
- Durable mesh material is equipped with shockproof.
- The main compartment of the bag is open for easy access to tools.
- It has a tough plastic sheath that firmly keeps tools from breaking.
- The bag is suitable for tools of any industry, for any professional who values their time.
- The zipper is very strong and keeps in good condition despite very frequent use.
- This bag is quite roomy despite the small size – I pack all the necessary tools.
- It is compact and convenient for transportation, especially if you travel a lot.
10. Brooks Challenge Tool Bag ReviewBrooks challenge tool bag is made of durable plant leather using original technology. Of course, it has a very modest size to be called a complete tool bag. The main purpose of this bag is to install it on the back of the belt for tools.
High quality is the main characteristic of this bag. It is done by hand, and the seams are first taped and then sewn.
The bag has two buckles so that you can fasten it to a belt or tool bag. And despite the size, you can store keys, cable ties, and more.
- Bag size is 3.5 inches tall x 1.75 inches in thickness x 8 inches.
- The bag is made of durable plant skin.
- The design of the bag hides the buckles and fastenings inside to avoid rattling.
- This bag is definitely of high quality because this vegetable skin is so durable that it creates the feeling of wood.
- At the heart of the bag is not natural animal skin, but vegetable skin, which is not inferior in strength.
- The bag is capacious for tools of the corresponding size.
- You can put this bag on a belt, a large tool bag and anywhere.
- It is an excellent storage for small parts, which does not allow it to fall out.
Overview Of Tool Bag
Everyone whose work is associated with a large number of objects knows: organization increases the speed of work done several times.
Builders, painters, decorators and many others need some kind of storage system that will be convenient for transportation and for high-quality storage. What can it be better than a tool bag? Nothing, for sure!
What is a Good Tool Bag?
Probably many people know and few realize that the tool bag is a regular spacious bag (of different types), which is intended for transporting tools of different sizes.
It is the case when a special definition from the dictionary is not required. Everything becomes clear from the name.
When you want to keep your tools organized, you need a tool bag. The same is when you want to look professional or have a more capacious storage system than a tool belt.
Do you remember your gym bag? The tool bag is something similar, but with tools.
Who Needs a Tool Bag?
People need a tool bag, especially who have countless or almost countless tools of various types and sizes.
It is not necessary to have only socket wrenches or pliers to need a tool bag. Tools of any profession can be stored in the tool bag in an organized manner.
Those who need quick and easy access to the necessary tools or those who are often forced to go on business trips and take all professional tools with them need such bags.
So, the tool bag makes it possible to store all the tools in one place for people who are engaged in construction work, electricians, plumbers, homeowners, restorers, and other professions.
Benefits Of Using Tool Bag
Such a bag has many advantages. Without thinking, we can say about an easier search for the necessary, safety, convenient transportation and protection of tools from water and air as the advantages.
If this and cool professional look is not enough for you to buy a tool bag and no longer have problems, here are some more advantages for you:
High Level Of Organization
I guess everyone has a story in mind when at a meeting with clients or sponsors, you had to present something, but you were looking for a long time in the bag the right paper or tool.
How did you look like for those customers and sponsors? Maximum unpresentable. I am a very clumsy person, and such stories happen to me very often. Therefore, I need a bag that will keep my organization at a high level.
If you are the same, believe me, the tool bag is the ideal storage method that allows you to store all the tools in its places without dropping them out.
It is hard to imagine when the tools are stored in the tool bag, nothing of them moves, does not mix.
At any meeting, you can just open the bag, get the tool out of the pocket and present it.
Convenient To Just Store
This article is useful not only for professional builders but it is also useful for DIY craftsmen.
As a rule, amateur builders do not need presentations or professional image. They need a practical storage bag. And the tool bag is what you need.
The place where you keep the tools is very important for the safety of the tools. It is in your interest to choose a bag that will protect tools from water and air, sun rays and corrosion.
Convenient For Transportation and Travel
However, professional builders, who are often on business trips and are forced to transport tools, read this review too. Despite the capacity, such bags are usually compact and easily fit in the luggage.
Even if you are not going to another continent for repairs, you obviously drive a car. In this case, you just need to put the bag with the tools in the trunk or in the back seat, the tools will not play a cruel joke with you on the bumps.
The bag does not interfere with movement, regardless of the type of bag: backpack or handy bag.
No Annoying Knock Tools
Since the tool bag does not have separate compartments that are “marinated” and knock each other, it will save your remaining nerve cells. In addition, such a knock wears out tools. When it is not, then your tools (and nerves) remain OK.
Excellent Protection Against Loss and Theft
And yes, the tool bag protects not only from water and air but even from the loss of a tool or theft.
When the pockets are closed you are protected from the thief. At least you can feel in time when a thief decides to open the pocket of your bag.
Plus, your tools will be in one position (each in your pocket) most of the time. You will be able to find the missing tool, start searching for it and buying a new one until the moment, you need it.
Features To Look For During Purchase
I hope, now you have an idea of why the tool bag is an indispensable thing for everyone who is engaged in construction professionally or indirectly refers to builders but has many tools. And there is a problem.
The point is that not all tool bags that exist in the industry are the same: some are good and others are not, some are made to ease your routine, and others are made by the manufacturer to save money and sell useless fragile goods.
I will tell you how to choose the perfect one to you do not fill the bumps in search of the tool bag. And we will start with the first factor which is your profession.
Factor 1: Your Profession
What is you profession? This is the important factor need to consider before purchase tool bag.
What does the work of a carpenter represent? As a rule, the entire working time of a carpenter consists of the construction, installation, and repair of various building frames and structures.
Where does the carpenter work? Practically everywhere: on highways, bridges, kitchens, bathrooms and construction sites.
Despite that, this list is far from complete; we already have an idea that the carpenter has a huge amount of tools. It is whether the carpenter works alone or in a group, indoors or outdoors.
The work of a carpenter is many hours. From here, we understand that the carpenter needs a comfortable and roomy bag.
Such a bag should not interfere with its intensive movement and store all the tools in an organized manner, without releasing small tools into the “open space” inside the bag.
In my opinion, buying a backpack as a tool bag would be a great solution. But the carpenter needs a special backpack with wide compartments (for carpentry tools), with the ability to close pockets (to cope with heavy tools).
That is not all. I hope you will agree with me that the carpenter’s backpack should be equipped with an additional support for comfort. It is because you have to carry heavy weight all the work day. Some of them prefer carpenter tool belt to carry tools.
Electricians can also boast a wide choice of equipment that they use in their work. But electrician tools are special, and therefore an electrician’s tool bag should also be special.
If you are an electrician, when looking for a tool bag you should take into account that you need space for cables, a hydraulic machine, and other special tools.
Therefore, your bag should be made of nylon or polyester. Why? The matter is that these materials are waterproof (very important for an electrician) and do not give extra weight.
The electrician bag can be small. It is more important than the inside pockets are large and the handles are reinforced with a lining. In accordance with this, you as an electrician can choose a bag of any type.
What does an HVAC master have at work? There is a variety of thermometers, electrical appliances, lights and more, which can be useful in the field of heating and air conditioning.
No doubt that the technician who works with HVAC equipment is in dire need of a tool bag. But which one?
The HVAC equipment bag must be conveniently designed and must be fairly stiff. In addition, the pockets of the bag should be wide.
The number of pockets should also be large because you will need to store both pliers, and screwdrivers, and tapes, and thermometers, and more. And yes, you can choose any type of tool bag.
The mechanic should pay attention to add pockets or magnetized space. It will allow you to save time on not necessary action. It is also convenient for instant retention of tools that may be needed in the next task.
Mechanics have a lot of metal equipment. Therefore, your bag should be light even when you put all the tools that you have there.
The work of a plumber is associated with a huge number of different unrelated problems. Much time is required to block drainage or assembly.
Each of these problems requires the use of special tools by the plumber. Therefore, a plumber’s tool bag should be roomy with lots of deep pockets.
Such a bag should be light because the plumber is always in motion and moves from one place of failure to another. This aspect requires additional padding and support, especially if you choose a backpack.
The work of the technician is also complex and is associated with problems from different industries. All technical tools can be placed in one medium size tool bag.
It is important that each instrument (or at least the type of instrument) occupies a separate place and is isolated from the others. So, you will be able to avoid mixing instruments and reducing your productivity.
If you are a whitesmith, then look for a tool bag that has many pockets and is roomy. You also need a bag that will have a zipper to prevent tool loss.
Probably the backpack will be the best choice because it will free your hands. Yes, if you choose a backpack, then it should be ultralight, with good support and from strong material.
The work of the whitesmith also requires the presence of a safety belt complete with a backpack. If not, then purchase a seat belt extra.
The mason moves a lot. Therefore, the bag for tools of a mason should be made of durable material and should remain light “in any weather.”
A backpack will also be the best option, provided it is a wide and tall backpack (due to the characteristics of the mason’s tools).
If you are a mason, you had better pay attention to the additional loops and hooks that will allow you to attach protective equipment or a helmet with a backpack (or bag).
If you are a decorator, you often move from one working platform to another, then. The work of decoration is very mobile because this the bag should be light and have additional support from heavyweight.
I think nothing so much as a backpack is suitable for a decorator. Moreover, the backpack has a couple of large compartments in which you can put oversized tools and a lot of small for building tools.
The painter is also mobile but has not so many heavy tools (and many light ones). In this profession, high organization and a large number of pockets are more important than the size of the bag. The painter’s bag should have one or two large compartments where the canvas will fit.
Painters rarely work indoors; most often, they work outdoors. Therefore, the material of the bag must be waterproof, easy and convenient to transport.
Factor 2: Types
There are various types of tool bag in the market. Please check below for more details.
What is a handy bag for tools? It is a standard type of tool bag with two handles. This type of bag is only suitable for transporting tools in the hands. Yes, the handy bag is roomy and has large compartments.
But the main advantage of this type of bag is different: it is universal. Regardless of your profession, you can use this bag, feel professional and enjoy the high level of organization of your work.
A backpack is another very common type of tool bag. Students and gics often carry a backpack, not because they are nuts, it is because it is convenient and allows transporting big weight.
The backpack is suitable for those people whose profession makes them constantly move from place to place, carry tools, as well as for those who need free hands.
Choosing a backpack, you need to be aware that this type will not give you easy access to your tools.
By the way, backpacks have two subtypes: heavy-duty backpack and regular tool backpack. What is the difference?
Look: the first subtype (I mean heavy-duty backpack) is more durable, has a strong fabric and reinforced seams (sharp tools will not make a hole). Such a subtype necessarily has additional functions like the reinforced bottom or additional support in the handles of the backpack.
As for the second subtype, this is a regular backpack, which you can use both for transporting tools, as well as for traveling or shopping. These backpacks are designed primarily for carrying light non-special tools.
What is the pouch? This type of tool bag is equipped with an open top panel. Why do you need it? Of course, we need it for quick and easy access to the tools you need right now.
This type of tool bag is suitable only for those people who have an office or the same workplace at least for a long time.
The pouch will be an excellent option for those who have a large collection of tools because this type of bag has many compartments. In addition, these bags are quite tough, which indicates the strength of this.
Pouch and Backpack
Two in one! It is very convenient when the advantages of two different types have developed into one even more convenient product. What is this convenience?
First, such a bag will allow you to use both handles and shoulders for transportation. That is, this type is suitable for almost all professions. And it will give easy access to the tools and allow you to stay mobile.
Factor 3: Material
Material of a tool bag is important. You should consider “Material” is an important factor.
For some reason, many people seeing a product made from polyester try to avoid it. In their opinion, polyester is not durable and quickly fails. Polyester is not the most durable material, but durable.
A polyester tool bag will last you a long time, especially if the seams are reinforced and you do not keep a record high number of tools. Plus, many polyester bags have protection from power and do not let it in.
I would advise buying the tool bag made of polyester for those who have many tools, and always easy bag has meaning for them.
Nylon is good material for the tool bag because it is durable and will last a long time. Nylon is more durable than polyester, despite the fact that in both cases we are dealing with a fabric.
I recommend nylon bags for those professionals who use sharp tools and heavy specific tools.
If your work often takes place on the street, a nylon bag will also be a great solution because it is waterproof, then. Choose also a nylon backpack, because nylon does not allow your back to sweat when you use it for a long time.
Even kids know that leather is a very durable material. But this aspect is not always positive, because the skin is heavy because of its strength.
In addition, the skin looks great externally. There is also a problem: such a “beauty” is not practical.
If you do not have many tools, then a leather tool bag will be a good purchase option. Also if you are not going to transport tools often, but only looking for a bag for storing tools.
You must keep in mind that leather is not a waterproof material, regardless of whether it is natural or synthetic leather.
Suede excellent material and in most cases, this bag will last a long time. If your bag is made of suede, you can be sure that it is a strong bag, then.
This material is much more resistant to different weather than leather. At the same time, this material has greater strength than nylon.
Factor 4: Brand
Top brands manufacture top quality tool bags. Below are the some top brands in the market you can consider before make a decision.
Have you ever dealt with Stanley brand products? This brand makes pretty high-quality tool bags.
And I see the typical owner of bags from Stanley like that: the professional or amateur who has or transports a limited number of tools moves from different places of work, appreciates style and quality, simplicity.
It is what Stanley bags are. As a rule, these bags are made of leather, and their bottom is reinforced with polypropylene to increase water resistance.
What are CLC’s tool bags? I can say that are endless bags. If your tools do not fit in the bag from this manufacturer, then you have very, very many tools.
Yes, the brand makes big bags (about 50 pockets) for professionals with oversized non-standard tools.And this brand always focuses on durable handles and reinforced the bottom of the bag. It is what matters most. They have some best tool bag for plumbers, carpenters with lot of pockets.
I think you heard that name a thousand times. This brand is known primarily for filling its products with a huge number of functions. Therefore, it is not surprising that a record number of pockets and additional fasteners are in the tool bags by DeWalt.
It is the top rated tool bags that have a large space, many isolated storage areas, and a solid construction. No doubt, these bags are made specifically for professionals.
Many electricians call bags from Klein top quality tool bags ever. The fact is that the bags of this brand have many small pockets, a molded bottom for security and protection, a protective screen in front.
In addition, this brand is one of those that every professional has tested over time. Bags from Klein hold really long.
The Veto brand has an amazing ability to hide over 50 pockets in a small compact bag. Of course, these pockets cannot boast of a large size, but it is well designed.
And Veto always uses ultra-strong material that not only keeps its shape, but also protects the tools perfectly.
There is no person who used Milwaukee products and would doubt the impeccable reputation of this brand. Milwaukee makes a portable tool bag of high quality.
Milwaukee creates metal handles, reinforced bottom and a huge free space in the middle of the bag. So, this brand takes care of those professionals who use bulky tools every day.
The Toughbuilt brand makes very specific tool bags. Specificity is a feature of all products of this brand. The matter is that all Toughbuilt objects are suitable for mounting and using only with Toughbuilt objects.
And despite the special style and extravagant design that will not find the response of everyone, this brand makes very high quality products that are ready to serve for decades.
I like the style and vibrant colors that Makita uses to make their bags. By the way, these tool bags will be the salvation of people of any profession, because the body of the bags is universal, classic.
Makita make bags of different size and purpose, but it is always from a durable canvas, which has durability and water resistance.
The Occidental leather brand has more than 30 years of history. And for all these years, the company produces only high-quality products from genuine leather. I must point out that, apart from high quality, these tool bags are famous for their great style.
All Occidental leather products are ultra-strong and water repellent, so you can store all your tools in this stylish bag.
I guess this is the best plumbing tool bag brand. Stanleyfatmax are versatile bags with easy access to tools outside. The inside pockets are insulated and closed, so all “dangerous” tools will be kept safe and secure.
Factor 5: Size
Size is not a guarantee of roominess. The bag may be small, but by some miracle, you will manage to pack all the tools there. However, the size of the bag is important.
Before you decide on what size bag you need, I recommend asking yourself the question “How often will I travel with this bag?” “Will I take this bag to work or leave it at home for storage?”
Answers to these questions will help you coordinate in different sizes of bags. If you are going to travel a lot with this bag or your work involves frequent movement, then a small compact bag would be an excellent choice.
Conversely, when you are not going to travel with a bag a lot and are looking for a bag only for storage, you need a big bag.
Factor 6: Pockets
The pockets are much more important than the size of the bag. Because the number of pockets determines the capacity of the bag.
You need to take this factor (pockets) into account based on the characteristics of your work. Do you move a lot from different work points? Choose a bag with a limited number of pockets, if your work allows it.
Many pockets should always be, as this increases organization. For example, you can store power drills, hammers, screwdrivers, nuts in different pockets and it will not mix, creating problems for you.
Therefore, I advise you to always choose a large number of pockets. And based on the specifics of your work, think “many or record many pockets.”
Factor 7: Waterproof
It does not matter where you work – on the street or indoors, in the rain or in a damp room – water can always leak through the bag, ruin your tools and cause premature corrosion.
The material of your tool bag should always be waterproof because this way you ensure a long life for your tools.
Usually, if the material is not waterproof (leather and suede), then it has some additional options for greater resistance to water.
Factor 8: Bottom lining
Regardless of the nature of your work, the tool bag you buy should have a lining on the bottom. Why?
It is necessary in order to stop wear. The lining can be replaced with legs. If not, then choose a bag with a thick bottom.
In addition, to wearing, the thick bottom protects tools from moisture and dirt, which also accelerate tool wear.
Factor 9: Zipper Locks
Zipper locks are an important item when choosing. Yes, you are not getting such easy access to tools, as if the pockets were closed. But zipper locks on pockets prevent tools from being lost and protect them from moisture and air.
If the pockets are also closed inside the bag, then this is excellent. This allows you to never encounter such an annoying problem as mixing.
Factor 10: Built-in light
This factor, perhaps, is of great importance not for everyone, but only for those professionals whose work takes place in rooms with low light.
If you have a lot of sharp and dangerous tools, then the built-in light will be a very useful option for your tool bag.
Factor 11: Clamps and Reinforced Seams
Clips and reinforced seams are what should be in your bag without fail. As a rule, reinforced seams are double seams. This is necessary so that the bag does not tear due to gravity or due to sharp tools. Ideally, D rings are sewn into the seams, which provide super durability.
Clips must be metal and quality. And the clips should not be “for beauty”, but should be placed in weak places that are most susceptible to rupture.
Factor 12: Additional Mount
If you have so many tools that it does not fit in the main compartments, or most of the tools are oversized, then you need a bag with an additional fastening.
Such additional fastenings allow you not to open the bag once more, but to work faster, holding the tools outside the bag.
How to Organize Tool Bag with Various Tools
If you read this review, you probably have many tools that require good organization. And here the problem arises: how to organize a tool bag with a variety of tools?
Of course, it is worth starting with putting sharp tools into the covers and putting them away from the seams to avoid cuts and the formation of defects. The same goes for small tools such as nails or nuts. These tools should be stored in a case so as not to get lost.
When organizing bags, try to follow the following logic: I use this tool very often and therefore I keep it in my pocket outside. You should have easy access to these tools to always be more productive to others.
What Shoulder Are You Carrying The Bag On?
Surprisingly, it matters, especially if you are not the owner of a backpack, but an ordinary bag.
In accordance with this side, do not put sharp or heavy tools from the side that applies to your body. First, it will be rubbed, you can cut yourself with a sharp tool or hurt your leg with a heavy hammer.
The Hardest To Center
All large and heavy tools must be kept in the center. First, there is the largest compartment in the center, and it will probably fit only there. Secondly, such storage allows you to distribute the weight evenly.
Keep Only Necessary
If you often move with a bag, then try to wear only the necessary tools that you use. It is important because the extra unused tools provide only extra weight and no practical use.
How to Clean and Wash Tool Bags
As you know, the tidy condition of the bag is the key to long-term service without defects and other problems.
You cannot just put the bag in the washing machine, choose a delicate wash mode and go about your work. If you do this, then an unpleasant surprise awaits you.
Do you want the tool bag to serve you for a long time? Clean the tool bag from any material with warm, soapy water. And keep in mind that soapy water can leave stains, so be careful with the amount of soap you use.
Avoid the use of bleach and any strong detergent due to it can “kill” the material of your bag. I know people who use casting soap to clean their bags and enjoy life.
For a cleanser, a brush or an old toothbrush will do. If you still use too much soap, then rinse the brush well under running water and clean the bag with clean, warm water from soap traces.
After cleaning, you need to dry the bag in the sun or in the air. It is better to choose natural ways of drying in order to maintain a good appearance.
Tool Bag Care, Safety and Maintenance
Check Your Bag Regularly
Inside and outside, zippers and seams – you need to check all the parts of your tool bag. Why is it important?
The matter is that regular inspection of the bag will allow you to notice defects on the zippers, holes in the seams, and wear of the material.
If you manage to detect problems in time, you can avoid a catastrophe when the hole is big and the tools fall out or when you cannot close the bag in the rain because the lock has broken.
Having discovered the problem, cover the hole, lubricate the locks with silicone spray and so on.
Carry No More Than It Is Recommended
Each bag has its own weight limit. And believe me, your bag does not want to enter the Guinness Book of Records. Therefore, you do not need to make this record holder by gravity.
It will play a cruel joke for you and the health of your back. Carry no more than the weight that is recommended.
Use Additional Support
This tip applies to those people who bought a handy bag. The fact is that the bag may be too heavy to carry in your hands. For such bags, there are straps on the shoulder (you can wear it over the shoulder), which allows you to better distribute the weight.
FAQ about Tool Bag
Do I have to be a professional in order to have a tool bag?
No, this is not necessary. You cannot be a professional and even an amateur, and you can open a bag with tools a couple of times a year for the implementation of a small repair.
Most of the tool bags are made for professionals, considering all the working needs of those who use the tools every day. It does not mean that you cannot use this bag. You can only store tools there and this is also one of the functions of tool bags.
Which material tool bag is the best?
There is no best material, with which everyone will be OK. You need to choose a material based on the specifics of your profession. Do you transport many tools? Choose nylon, polyester. Do you have many tools and work in one place? Choose suede or leather.
What is the optimal tool bag size?
It depends on how many tools you have. If you have to do a little work with a limited number of tools, you do not need a large bag. Large bags are not convenient for travel and business trips.
Fortunately, most brands make bags of the same style and size. Therefore, you can find all that will suit your taste.
I often lose tools. How can I stop this?
My answer will be simple: close the pockets. There is also another option: keep the tools in the case, and then zip the pockets. I have already said that it is important to choose a tool bag with pockets on the fastener (with zippers).
Check the bag for defects and eliminate it if you find it. Pay attention to the organization of the tools in the bag and keep all the tools only in the inner pockets. Thus, you can avoid losing your tools.
I often work on the street. Are all bags suitable for my work?
Not. Not all bags are suitable even for light wind and drizzle, not to mention the harsh climatic conditions. Not all bags are the same. For the street, choose a waterproof bag with closed pockets. Ideally, if your bag has legs, then the bottom will not get wet either.
Now you know a lot about tool bags and you can choose the best one for organized and productive work without problems.
This purchase is worth the money because you will always have access to the tools, it provides security and protection, and you do not waste time on unnecessary.
Follow my advice and choose the best tool bag ever!