If you are looking for the best socket organizer for your socket sets, then you are in for a treat because we are bringing on some top rated products to the table today!
We know exactly how it feels to scour through the toolbox or drawer like a hungry dog to find that perfect socket out of a sea of 100 other sockets drivers.
Why torture yourself like this?
Why not get yourself a proper socket organizer?
Well, someone has to do it, and we are therefore going to do you a favor and help you find the best one for the money.
You are welcome.
If you’re in rush and don’t have enough time to read all reviews, here’s our top 4 picks in short!
|Hansen Socket Storage Trays||4.9 / 5|
|MLTOOLS Socket Rail Set||4.8 / 5|
|Olsa 3 Pcs Socket Holder||4.8 / 5|
|Ernst 3 Rail Socket Organizer||4.7 / 5|
10 Best Socket Organizer List in 2018 – Reviews One By One
This socket organizer review covers some most popular socket organizers anyone can come across on the market today.
1. Hansen Global 92000 Socket Storage Tray Review – 166 Sockets, 6 Tray Set
Our first pick for the best socket organizer is from the very popular Hansen Global. It is the 92000 SAE and Metric Socket Storage Trays, and it is a great choice for people who are socket hoarders!
The Hansen Global 92000 Socket Trays should be everyone’s go-to for those who can’t seem to keep their tool box out of the clutter life.
That is because the 92000 socket storage trays comes not with 1 or 2, but 6 counts of socket organizer trays!
Each tray is of a different and specific size, and accommodates sockets of various sizes. One great thing about these trays is that they hold 2 of each size.
For instance, you can store 2 counts of 1/2 size socket, and so on. The trays are in fact marked in metric and SAE so you shouldn’t have any trouble navigating your way around this thing.
Now, let’s look into the physically features little more. You have 3 grey trays and 3 red trays so there’s that. Sizes in inch are follows:
the large is 18 x 4 x 3.5 inch, the medium is 13 x 3 x 3 inch and the small is 9 x 2 x 2.5 inch.
The 92000 socket organizer trays are made out of durable ABS plastic which more or less makes it immune from effects of oil, grease and gas.
Each post base is made stronger to hold their sockets in place, securely. Not bad at all, ey?
- Hansen Global 92000 has a high capacity, so I can accommodate the full set.
- Each tray has deep and ordinary rosettes, and this allows me to hold any objects.
- The cartridges are made of ABS plastic, but it has enough strength to work long.
- The connectors and dimensions of this are labeled which facilitates the search for the desired one.
- Sockets are held securely so that even in a closed box nothing hangs or falls out.
- Some pins are too large, so the socket can fall out, and this point needs improvement.
2. MLTOOLS Twist Lock Socket Rails with 3 Tray – Best Socket Rails
Next up, we have the Multi-Drive Universal Socket Boss Rail Set from ML Tools. Perfect for people who love and look forward to adding and customizing their socket organizer.
This socket rail set is a set of 2 with 3 rows of organizers in each set. In all, you get 6 sets in total.
You can stack up on the more basic and widely-used ones because the 1/4-inch, 3/8-inch and 1/2-inch drive sockets which includes 15 clips for each.
That’s some smart thinking. However, the most important feature of the multi-drive rail set has to be that it is twist-lock posts. You have to insert and spin the socket 1/8 of an inch to fixate it on it post tightly.
It holds the sockets so tightly in place in fact that you can turn the entire set upside down without having to fear for your sockets dropping out.
Now, about customizability. It offers amazing versatility. You can remove individual rails, switch them with a different color, add or remove socket clips, swap out drive sizes, add ratchet and extension holders.
It comes with socket size ID stickers! The ML Tools Socket Set organizer is very much like your own build and go sort of thing.
As for construction, each set measures 20 x 5 x 12 inches in dimensions. And you furthermore enjoy the assurance of return, full-refund of replacement in case of quality issues! 0% buyer’s risk, right?
- The capacity of MLTOOLS Twist Lock Socket Railsis at the height since it accommodates 90 nests, triple lock, and 3 sockets.
- I found the clamps very sturdy as this holds the nests, which is fixed and prevents the tools from falling out.
- This is universal since I was able to remove and switch the socket set, delete, or add tips and so on.
- A large outlet of 19 inches gives me the opportunity to use it in a large room, and not be “padded” to a certain corner.
- It’s easy for me to move around with this organizer because of the convenient pens that do not give a sense of gravity.
- The frame with rails has no mounting holes and this makes installation difficult.
- Not durable or small enough for tool boxes; for drawer use mostly
3. Olsa Tools Aluminum Socket Organizer – Best socket Holder
Our next pick for the best tool organizer is the 3-piece Aluminum Socket Organizer from Olsa Tools, and we think happens to be one of the most efficient choices for people who need to carry around their socket most of the times.
This Aluminum Socket Organizer comes in 3 pieces of rails, or strips. Each rail has 16 posts, which, if you do the math, is a total of 49 sockets in total.
You can store the sizes 1/4 Inch, 3/8-Inch and 1/2-Inch which are usually the most fundamental and widely used drive sizes.
If you want to take a look into the make of these rails, then you’ll be glad to know that the rails are made entirely out of aluminum which are of course, stiffer than plastics.
Each rail measures 17 x 1 x 1 inches in dimensions. As for the clips, they have ball bearing under them and thus, hold each socket tightly enough for you to hold the rails upside without them falling out.
However, the feature we really admire about the 1/4 Inch, 3/8-Inch and 1/2-Inch is a detail as small as its keyhole slots on either ends.
This allows you to drill the rails on your wall as well making it so much more convenient to grab while working. Small detail, big difference!
- I want to note the high strength of both the aluminum housing, as well as the nest holders, which show real quality.
- I like the average level of capacity of this organizer in 48 nests, as it allows you to contain all the most necessary and does not give weight.
- Each socket has ball bearings that hold the clamps firmly, even if I turn the organizer over.
- Olsa Socket Organizer also has a good capacity due to the presence of deep and shallow nests.
- The keyhole slot is a good idea that was useful to me when I installed the socket on the wall.
- There are no labels or identifiers that would make it easier for me to search for what’s needed.
- Very narrow rail; susceptible to snapping
4. Ernst Socket Organizer Review – 45 Sockets, 3 Rails
And next up, we have the Socket Boss Multi Rail Socket Organizer from Ernst Manufacturing, and we think it would be perfect for people who are looking for something along the lines of the Olsa Tools Aluminum Socket Organizer.
This is one of the most popular 3 pieces socket organizer. Ernst Socket tray consists of 3 rails.
Each rail has 15 clips which means you get 45 clip storage in total. As for size, you have 15 clips each for 1/4-inch, 3/8-inch and 1/2-inch drive sockets; the more basic drive sizes.
The nice thing is that each clip is twist-lock which, as you know already, locks in your socket in place tightly and won’t fall out.
The Ernst socket boss organizer measures 19.75 Inch by 5.3 Inch by 1.35 Inch and is therefore most ideal inside drawers. However, you can of course take it on the go or out on bench.
What we really like about the multi rail socket organizer is that, quite similar to the ML Tools Multi-Drive Universal Socket Boss Rail Set, is highly versatile and customizable.
You can easily add and remove socket clips, mark socket sizes with I.D. stickers, trademark colors. You can also swap out drive sizes and add ratchet/ extension holders with in a second. And to add to that, you furthermore get a lifetime warrantee upon purchase! Win-win.
- This organizer definitely has a tightness due to the swivel racks, so it becomes safe.
- Ernst Socket Organizeraccommodates 45 nests and this quantity is quite enough for compact storage of everything necessary.
- It turned out that it has Twist-Lock clamps, which are ultra-sturdy and hold nests for transportation and did not allow me to lose tools.
- The identification system by means of a separate instruction is arranged at a high level so that it was easy for me to read the size of the socket.
- I did not spend much time blocking and unlocking; it works lightning fast.
- The nests do not hold and in the closed case they go off and make a sound, so I’m afraid that all the details will be mixed.
5. Tekton Socket Organizer Review – 44 Sockets, 3 Rails
Our 5th pick is the Socket Holder Set from TEKTON. We highly recommend this trio for our minimalist socket hoarders.
Tekton 91805 socket organizer, as you can guess from our intro already, is a set of 3. This means you get 3 rails or strips of socket organizer.
You can store socket drives ranging from 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 of an inch. The 1/4 inch rail and 1/2 inch rail drive Holders can hold up to 15 sockets, each, while the 3/8 inch drive Holder can hold up to 14 sockets.
All in all, you can store 44 sockets drives in total. Like we said, perfect for our minimalist buyers!
These rails all have clips which allow you fit your sockets snuggly onto the. You just insert the socket and twist it to lick it in place. Perfect for toolboxes, drawers or even work benches.
As for your concerns regarding construction and size, the Socket Holder Set is made from durable plastics. The 1/2 inch drive rail is 18 inches long while the 1/4 inch and 3/8 of an inch are 15 inches long.
- Strength is the first thing I want to note, even though this organizer is made of plastic – it’s a “bulletproof” thing.
- Twist-lock is ideal for use since it is simple and works like a clock; it keeps the nests very well.
- I easily pulled the socket off the rail just took a socket a quarter of a turn that other brands do not let me do.
- Tekton Socket Organizeris also very versatile since I used the back part as a rail and this literally expanded the use possibilities.
- I was also amazed by clips on the nest holders (metal), which give a quick grip.
- One set is not installed on one rail and I had to install my sockets.
- Sockets (not all) are not fixed in place and are in the body freely, therefore they drop out.
6. Hansen Global 9302 Socket Tray Set Review – 92 Sockets, 3 Tray
We previously introduced you to a massive socket organizer from Hansen Global.
However this time, we are bringing something for our readers who want an organizer with a less extreme storage capacity with the same Hansen quality: the 9302 Socket Tray Set.
The 9302 Socket Tray Set, much it like superior counterpart the 92000 SAE and Metric Socket Storage Trays, is a set socket organizer.
You get 3 trays of socket holders, or post, each accommodating various sizes of drive sockets.
You have socket post from sizes including 1/4 inch to 3/8 inch and 1/2 inch. The smallest tray holds 28 sockets, the immediate larger one holds 30 sockets and the largest one holds 34. In total, the 9302 Socket Tray Set can accommodate up to 92 sockets.
Not bad for a 3-tray organizer, ey?
In terms of construction, you’ll be very happy to know that these trays and posts are made from hard ASB plastic with tough bases on each post.
You have your drive sizes marked on each post according to SAE standards. The largest tray is 22 inches in length, and other 2 are subsequently smaller than the next.
Great for storage inside tool drawers or out open on the working bench.
The 9302 Socket Tray Set of course comes with the standard Hansel Global’s lifetime warranty. A very safe purchase, we must admit.
- To search for something necessary was simply because of the qualitative organization inside the case and easy access to the details.
- The connectors hold the parts very tightly as it is strenuous and therefore provides reliable storage.
- It is made of plastic and this is good because such ABS plastic does not deform upon contact with gas or oils.
- I quickly find something useful because the identification marks are placed logically (at the top).
- Hansen Global 9302 Socket Setis durable because it has sustained a long daily use and has never failed me.
- Flimsy plastic trays
- The connection is not suitable for all connectors (3/8 is not suitable); is too thick or too small.
7. Lisle Magnetic Socket Holder Set – 28 Sockets
Our 7th pick on our list is a tad bit different from our usual picks. It is the 40200 Magnetic Socket Holder from Lisle, and it perfect for our readers who are looking for a holder for a single size socket.
The 40200 magnetic socket holder is a single strip of socket holder. It has no posts or slips. Instead, it has horizontal slot which let you slide in the socket drives.
Speaking of which, you can only store 3/8 of an inch socket drives in it. You have 14 individual and completely separate compartments on each side, giving you a total of 28 counts of socket holding capacity.
The nice thing about the Lisle magnetic socket holder set is that it can hold both standard and deep set socket drives with ease.
End of each compartment are open to help you identify and navigate through the sizes in a glance. The 40200 socket organizer measures 6 x 16 x 2 inches in dimensions and is made out of durable ABS plastic.
However, what makes the 40200 Magnetic Socket Holder truly unique from all our previous pick till now is that it has a magnet inside its body.
This, in other words, means that it can stick itself to any metal body including your toolbox. It furthermore has a large opening at one end to let you hang it on a wall.
- I am satisfied with the capacity as this organizer has standard and deep nests.
- It is durable as it is made of ABS plastic, which is protected from oil and gas and apocalypse.
- The identification of the size of the sockets did not cause me any difficulties since the signs were easy to read.
- The magnets of the jacks are very sturdy and tightly hold the tray on steel, and the connectors are easily removed or replaced.
- The low profile of Lisle Magnetic Socket Holder Set allows me to put it in almost any my box and navigate with it anywhere.
- Even though the nests are always 28, the organizer has a lot of unnecessary space.
- In the vertical position of the organizer, some sockets still fly out.
8. Mechanics Time Saver Lock a Socket Rails Review
The Mechanics Time Saver Lock a Socket Rails is a dream socket organizer for people who like their trays right next to their reach.
It is large, spacious and probably the best choice for you if you like your socket all spread out at your disposal.
This nice socket tray has 5 strips of rails, or in other words, 5 rows of clip on a wide steel tray.
You can insert a total of 76 sockets of the 5 rows, and this socket tray furthermore accommodates 3 drive sizes of 1/2 inch, 1/4 inch, and 3/8 inch.
You get 14 posts for 1/2 inch ones, 14 posts for 3/8 inch ones, and 20 posts for your ¼ inch socket drives.
Each post in 2 inch is length or height, and uses the twist and lock mechanism where you insert the socket into the post, twist it and it lock tightly in its place snuggly.
This socket tray itself is made from powder-coated steel, and is therefore very durable. This of course, makes the body more or less heavier. As for dimensions, the MTSLASTRAY socket tray measures 25 x 10 x 2 inches, and is clearly best for use inside drawers or on benches.
However, what we really like about this giant tray is that its size comes with a quality measure: rubber feet.
Because this needs to be used on plain surfaces most of its life due to its size, the MTSLASTRAY socket organizer comes with gripping rubber feet to stabilize the entire tray in place.
You furthermore have swiveling handles to help you carry this thing wherever you go!
- It is durable since it has a dense metal base; I can be sure that the organizer will last me long.
- 90 sockets for sockets provide the highest capacity, which is complemented by the strength due to the twisting locks.
- Mechanics socket pins are replaceable and, if necessary, you can simply unscrew it.
- Nests and sockets in the nests are held very tight, so you can even juggle with it – nothing will fall out and mix.
- It has a large tray of outlets so that several separate rails are not needed.
- 90 nests make Mechanics organizer be huge and non-compact, therefore it’s very difficult, almost impossible, to be mobile with this.
9. Ares Socket Organizer Review – 80 Sockets, 4 Rails
Now, if you are looking for a slight upgrade from our previous pick, then the Socket Organizer from Ares deserves your attention!
The Ares Socket Organizer is a tray-size socket organizer, much like the MTSLASTRAY Lock-a-Socket Tray, and has 5 strips of rails on it.
You can keep socket drivers ranging from sizes of ¼ of an inch, ½ of an inch and 3/8 of an inch. The usual, basic drivers that everyone goes to most of the times.
As for capacity, you get 20 posts for 1/4 inchers, 20 posts for 3/8 inchers and 30 posts of 1/2 inchers. Meaning, a total of 80 sockets to keep on the Ares Socket Organizer.
What’s nice is that the posts have a spring loaded ball bearings which hold the sockets in firmly. They do not come off easy once they are locked in places, and that’s always good in our book.
In terms of construction, each real is 17 inches in length, and keep the whole organizer maintains a measurement of 17 x 8 x 0.1 inches in dimensions. Perfect for in-drawer use.
One thing, which is totally unrelated to the credibility of the performance of this products yet so important to us is that Ares is a proud ambassador of ASPCA. Okay, yes, we know it has nothing to do with the product, but we love our furry friends and we think it’s a nice touch. Just saying.
Anyway, back to business. The Ares Socket Organizer has interchangeable clips. This means you get insert 1/2 inch clip on the 1/4 inch rail to customize your organizer.
And finally, you get the company’s quality assurance through their customer service for troubleshooting, helps regarding parts, queries, and of course, refunds and replacements. Not bad.
- The principle of organization is very simple and quite familiar – the ball bearings slide along the rail, and the clips are placed on any of the rails.
- Ares Socket Organizer is a very roomy organizer since there are 80 nests for accommodation here.
- I found quick access to any outlet due to sliding ball bearings.
- I could customize the organization in the enclosure at my request, simply moving the rails in the system and changing the sets in places.
- It was difficult for me to pull out the right sockets since it has a strong grip.
10. TEKTON 1885 Socket Holder Set – 48 Socket, 3 Rails
We want to dedicate our final pick for the best socket organizer by reviewing one that would be absolutely fantastic for people who are looking for a cheaper way out without comprising on quality much.
It is the 1885 Socket Holder from TEKTON, and it is as budget-friendly as it gets for socket organizers!
The 1885 Socket Holder is a set of 3 pieces. Each piece, which is the railing, holds up to 16 sockets. Do the math and you about 48 socket holding capacity in total from this set.
What makes the 1885 Socket Holder so different, and furthermore so affordable from the rest of our contenders, is that it is made out of nickel-plated steel.
Each clip uses spring-steel mechanism, which locks in the socket in place tightly enough to not fall out even when held upside down.
The 1885 Socket Holder set will accommodate clips of size 1/4 of an inch, 1/2 an inch and of course, 3/8 of an inch.
The usual suspects as usual. Each rail measures 5 x 1 x 19.2 inches in dimensions and are of obviously very lightweight due to its material.
What nice is that you can use them as is, store them in drawers, or even drill them to the wall since they come with keyhole slots.
Tekton 1885 Socket Holder is also guaranteed through the company. Not bad for an organizer this affordable, ey?
- TEKTON 1885 Socket Set provides a universal approach to using the design, so I can use it in several ways – from work to the toolbox.
- Each holder has 16 nests, and in total, there are 48 such nests, and this indicates a high storage organization of sockets.
- All parts are made of a very durable material (nickel-plated steel), which makes me admire every time I work – time does not have the power over it.
- Sockets are firmly held by the sockets due to the body is connected to the sockets by means of spring tips and this does not allow parts to leave the seats.
- It’s easy to wear all day even though it’s all made of solid steel.
- I found weak clips on large nests, which can fall out of inaccuracy.
Socket Organizer Buying Guide
Read our complete buying guide before make a purchase socket holder.
Type of organizer
Socket organizers come in many form, shapes and sizes. So, before all and everything, decide on the type of organizer you need. Do you need something portable and easy to carry? Do you need something large to accommodate all your sockets? Will a magnetic organizer do well? or would you like yourself one that stays in the drawer. Decisions. Decisions.
The next important thing to take in consideration is your own collection.
If you are someone who live and breathe socket drivers, then get yourself a large set, preferably a set of 4-6 which can more.
Also, keep in mind that your socket obsession doesn’t end there. Buy one large enough to furthermore hold the ones you are going to buy in the near future.
On the other hand, if you are a bleh socket user, don’t waste you money. Stick to the smaller organizers with lower cap.
What sizes socket driver do you own? Socket drivers, of course, come in various sizes. And therefore, socket organizers come in as many sizes of posts or clips as well. For anyone who’s wondering, posts are the tiny vertical poles you insert you socket driver into.
If you have a wide variety of socket drives, then choose a set that offers a good size range. If you use only the basic drivers, then stick to a set that offers at least the sizes: 1/4 of an inch, 3/8 of an inch, and ½ of an inch.
Some socket organizers have posts which do not assert any grip or holding tension with their sockets. Tray and draw insert organizers are perfect examples of these since they sit flat, horizontally on a surface.
However, there are a few organizer, the wall-mount and magnetic ones for instance, which need to hang vertically. Needless to say, the posts on these organizers need to establish some sort of grip or tension between itself and its socket driver to be able to hold it in its place snuggly. For this purpose, look out for press-fit or lock-twist posts or clips.
Socket organizers are made from various different types of materials, and they each come with their own set of pros and cons. However, we personally recommend using plastic organizer since they are less prone to rusting or corroding from debris or build-up.
And last but not least, look for socket organizers that offer you at least some sort of user comfort. It could be in the form of being able to detach, attach and add new socket clips, adding new rails or strips, color-coordination, labeling, and so on.
Type of socket organizers
In the market, there are various type of socket organizers. Below are the most running types.
1. Tray organizers
One of the oldest and most common type of socket organizers come in a tray-style.
You basically have clips, or posts whatever you like you call it, which are standing perpendicularly on a tray. The posts are usually noon-press or non-locking, and they furthermore tend to be longer than most than the posts on most other organizers.
Sometimes, they’ll even have swiveling handles on each side. Tray organizers are therefore best used inside drawers.
2. Rail system
Rail system socket organizers are very popular now, and as well they should be!
These types of organizers use “strips” of clips or posts. They usually come separately on their own, however, you can easily find sets of 3 to as many as 10 rail organizers on a tray.
These rails system strips are usually detachable allow for mix-and-match most of the times. The rails usually have keyhole slots on each side, making them easier to drill onto the walls.
3. Magnetics Organizers
And then you have your socket organizer which uses magnets in its making. Why?
Well, this allows you to slap on the socket organizers on most metal surfaces. This could be your working table, workbench, a wall, and so on. The magnetic body furthermore serves a dual-purpose of holding the socket drivers in place when vertically hung.
4. Pouch Organizers
These organizers are everything they say there are. Tiny and portable.
You can carry them inside most bags. They have are lower socket holding capacity and furthermore, need no installation whatsoever.
5. Drawer Inserts
These organizers are more or less very similar to your tray system ones.
They tend to be large and wide, and of course, have a higher capacity. This is of course, because they are meant to placed inside drawers. These types of organizers will usually also have foam or rubber feet to establish grip and reduce impact during movements.
Top 5 Socket Organizer Brands in the Market
1. Hansel Global
Hansel Global is no stranger to the tool industry. And is therefore also no stranger to us!
This company has been producing a wide array of tools, power tool, and accessories for us. And of its most popular accessories are their socket organizers. The Hansen Global 92000 SAE & Metric Socket Storage is one of the more, if not most, prominent organizers from the company.
2. Ernst Maufacturing
Ernset Manufacturing produces some of the most popular and qualitative tray and rail system socket organizers on the market. They also tend to be very affordable and budget-friendly.
3. TEKTON Tools
If you know your tool game well, then chances are that you heard of TEKTON a few times already.
This company has created a brand through manufacturing a wide variety of tool and accessories. And the most popular being socket organizers. TEKTON, unlike most brands, likes to experiment with materials and therefore produces organizer made from a wide variety of concoction.
4. Olsa Tools
Next, you have the equally qualified brand: Olsa Tools. This brand is especially popular and renowned for its aluminum, rail-system socket organizers. Easy to use and usually super versatile yet minimal!
Lisle produces some of the most affordable yet quality-rich socket organizers out there.
One of its more popular socket organizer is the 40200 Magnetic Socket Holder; one of its many magnetic organizers!
Benefits of Using Socket Organizers
The first and foremost benefit of using a good socket organizer is that you won’t have to scour and hunt through your workbench, toolbox or drawers for the socket driver you are looking for.
Socket organizers hold you sockets in places, safe and sound, on each of their clips. Not only are they therefore easier to get, but this way they are furthermore safe from damages or getting lost. The great thing this socket organizers is that they come in various sizes and capacities. This means no matter how much or how little sockets you have, you can easily find an organizer for your needs. Win, and win. Period.
Alright. Organization is one thing. And not being able to find the socket size is another.
Socket drivers have sizes (duh!) and the dilemma here is that they are often very similar and close in terms of build. Which is why, sizing them is so difficult.
Most of the times, you’ll have the size engraved on the body of the socket itself, but they are usually so tiny that it literally strains you eyes to be able to read. Either, socket organizers comes with size indicators. It could be labeled, marked, engraved, or sometimes, you even get stickers to ID them. Piece of cake, right?
Gives Easier, Faster Access
One other very neat thing about socket organizers is that they come in various forms. You can get stick them on metals (magnetic organizers), you can hang them on walls, or use them from drawers and so on!
These organizers usually come in trays. However, you can find rails, or strips, which you can attach and detach to make them more portable. You can carry them as you work or even throw them inside your toolbox for a little road trip.
Care and Maintenance of Socket Organizer
- Try and clean your socket holder every now and then. This is especially important if you happen to use tray or drawer insert organizers, which tend to accumulate more gunk and debris.
- If you organizer wobbles or juggles a lot, then try sticking on some adhesive rubber or foam pads on each corner.
- Do not let water, or any liquid, accumulate inside your organizer. There are a lot of crevices which make it difficult to clean. And letting water sit there will furthermore produce disgusting odor and invite gross build-up.
- Try and power wash your organizer once in a while under a running garden water hose. Or, wipe clean with damp cloth, regularly.
- Use a toothbrush, or even a paintbrush, to wipe away any loose debris from all the nooks and crannies of your organizer.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs) About Socket Organizers
The rail organizer I bought are way to flimsy and thin. What now?
Answer: Chuck them out and get a better one. Or, glue a foam pad under the length of the entire organizer. Helps a lot, trust us on this one.
What is the difference between twist-lock and press-lock posts?
Answer: Good point. We already know that twist and press lock mechanism helps hold the socket in their posts with more grip.
However, despite both of the mechanism serving the same purpose of establishing grip, there is a difference is the way each works. A twist-lock clip or post will need you to insert and then twist the socket clockwise or counterclockwise.
You usually have to twist 1/8 of an inch or 90° to lock it in place. Whereas, a press fit mechanism is where you simply insert the socket into the post, and that’s it. No twisting, no nothing.
The sharp edges of my socket organizer is tearing through my tool bag. What can I do?
Answer: Use a sandpaper and round off the edges. Or use hot glue gun and apply over the sharp corners.
My tray socket organizer comes with side handles, which are preventing me to place them inside my drawer comfortably? How can I take them off?
Answer: You don’t have to. They are swiveling handles most of the time. Try and fold them inside and under the tray, or just fold it upwards.
How do I fix my socket from getting stick on the post?
Answer: Apply the thinnest coat of coconut oil onto the posts, and viola! No more sockets being stuck anymore.
Socket organizers are great accessories and we think they are a must-have for every craftsman. And our article today has everything to need to know to be able pick the finest ones for yourself! Take a look at our buying guide and then move on to inspecting reviews of the best socket organizer in the market. We have everything you may need; cheap to fancy, high cap to low cap, fixed to portable. You name it, we got it.
This concludes our take on socket organizers. We hope you find it useful and beneficial the next time you are shopping for these amazing little accessories. With that, it’s a wrap. Try not to make a mess out of your tool drawer this time. Good luck!