Welcome to reviews of the best lightweight drill for a woman.
There is a notion that lightweight things are of wanting quality, but that is not always the case.
There are plenty of lightweight drills that can perform better that their heavyweight counterparts.
Corded drill are lighter than cordless drills. It plugs into a power source, therefore, it can only be used if a power source is available. But cordless drills use rechargeable heavy battery.
Drills are tools used for boring holes and at times used for fastening materials together with the help of fasteners which are attached to the drill.
Majorly drills are used in the woodworking, metalworking and construction industries.
Specially designed and more sophisticated drills are used in space missions and medicine fields. In the world of drills, each drill has its drilling capacity which indicates the maximum diameter a given drill press can produce in a certain material.
Therefore, a perfectly selected drill would greatly enhance your drilling work and help produce results that would be admired.
Recommended Best Lightweight Drill for a Woman
Getting the best drill on the market doesn’t mean spending a huge amount of money. Here are some top reviews of the lightweight drills for woman available in the market.
1. DeWalt DWD112 VSR Pistol-Grip Drill – 8.0 Amp, 0-2,500 RPMThis one is reasonably priced besides being a reliable tool on the job site.
It boasts some of the best features you can ever desire in a power drill.
DEWALT DWD112 comes with an 8.0 Amp mortar which delivers high performance.
That’s why it can perform various drilling tasks on a variety of materials.
On matters concerning chucks, this type of drill uses the standard recommended 3/8″ inch all-metal ratcheting keyless chuck for greater bit retention.
Easy to Use
It is heavy duty, and it is easy to use. It also seeks to enhance the comfort of the user with a soft grip handle design and it also has a 0-2,500 RPM vsr trigger for versatility in drilling.
From its features, it is noticeable that the Dewalt dwd112 8.0 Amp drill is meant to last longer. It is the kind of power tool that can serve you for longer without trouble.
- Compact, light weight and easy to easy
- 8.0 AMP very powerful motor
- Variable speed 0-2500 RPM
- Soft grip side handle
- All ball-bearing construction technology
- Comes without storage case
- No hammer settings
2. Black & Decker DR670 6.0-Amp 1/2-Inch Lightweight Hammer DrillThis hammer drill is much better than most of its counterparts that cost way more than it does.
It is excellently designed to provide you with optimal drilling experience.
The BLACK AND DECKER DR 670 is ideal for drilling in several fields and for a variety of materials including in masonry, woodwork, and steel.
You can, therefore, complete several tasks with it.
Easy to Use
It contains a keyless chuck for maximum grip and easy bit changes. A variable speed trigger contains the drilling applications of this type of specific drill.
For the comfort of the user, the pistol gripping design seeks to offer better balance and control when drilling. It also has a comfortable handle that also adds to its convenient design.
Compact and Powerful
This black and decker drill has an added advantage as it can do drilling in tighter spaces because it is compact and powerful. The hammer action it contains provides speed when drilling.
- 6.0-Amp Motor
- Variable speed trigger
- Strong all metal 1/2 inch keyless chuck
- Easy bit change
- 0-2800 RPM, 48,000 BPM
- Compact design and easy to use
- No clutch
- No LED light near chuck
3. Dewalt DWE1014 VS Drill – 7.0 Amp, 0-2800 RPMFor a drill that costs very cheap, this excellent piece of technology from Dewalt will impress you from the word go.
It boasts some of the most sophisticated features you can ever want in a power drill.
Dewalt DWE1014 VS Drill consists of a 7 amp mortar which has just enough power to do the users required job. With such a powerful motor, this drill never disappoints even in serious drilling work.
Easy to Operate
For comfort purposes, this type of drill is a lightweight design and also features a lock on switch. You don’t need to be an expert to find your way through how it works. Very good lightweight drill machine for woman.
Compact and Versatile
Generally, it is compact and versatile. This feature makes it perform better for users looking to tackle difficult drilling tasks. It falls under the category of keyed chucks types of drills.
It has speed ranges provide high-speed drilling and high torque applications. This feature allows you to choose how you want to carry out your drilling work and set the right speed for each material.
- Heavy Duty VSR drill for tough project
- This dril has 7.0 AMP motor
- Light weight and easy to carry
- Lock-on switch
- Variable speed trigger gives you supper drilling experience
- No work light
- Comes without case or bag
4. Bosch 1006VSR 3/8-Inch Keyless Chuck DrillBosch is reputable for the production of some of the best power tools in the market today.
The BOSCH 1006 VSR is one of their best products known to provide dependable performance.
This specific type of drill has placed a huge focus on the user’s comfort like no other drill.
The engineers who designed it did a good job in creating it with user comfort in mind.
Fast Speed Changing
It has an oversized two finger trigger which brings comfort when the user is changing drilling speed frequently. This help eliminates any possibilities of time wastage during drilling.
To curb accidental lock on this drill has an improved lock-on switch design. For chucks, it uses a 3/8′ inch keyless chuck which has less slipping.
This drill has a compact design and is lightweight. This is why you won’t feel any stress in using it. Its weight is uniformly distributed to allow for easy control.
- Ratcheting keyless chuck
- Lock-on Switch
- 6.3 Amperage motor
- Comes with 8 feet high grade power cord
- Speed 0-2,600 RPM
- Little bit heavier
5. Bosch 1191VSRK Single-Speed Hammer DrillI’m personally a great fan of this drill. Its drilling is precise, and it doesn’t waste materials in the process.
Bosch is known to produce some of the best power drills today, and they have shown that they are still among the best.
It appears to be the most compact drill any user can dream to have for their workshop.
Its compactness helps in providing the user with an easy time when doing the drilling.
Bosch 1191VSRK is a versatile type of drill. This hammer drill comes with 7 amp powerful reversing motor. It can be used on various materials. Different materials can be drilled according to their requirements.
Two Mode Option
It allows two drill settings: Hammer drill settings and General drill settings. It offers various speeds to gives you speed choices to choose from.
For user comfort, this drill is the lighweight and allows for optimal use in tighter work spaces. You can carry it comfortably and use it to drill even in tight spaces.
- One of the top rated lightweight hammer drill for woman
- 2-mode selector
- Lightweight compact design
- Perfect for small diameter hole
- Create some heat after long time work
6. Porter-Cable PC70THD VSR 2-Speed Hammer DrillThere are many drills of different qualities and different prices in the market. PORTER-CABLE PC70THD VSR 2-Speed Hammer Drill is not like other ordinary drills.
This unique product has extra durability for professional drilling. The manufacturer of this drill designed this for big applications.
It has a 7.0 amp powerful potent motor which provides extra power to complete hard and heavy drilling applications. Its dual-speed transmission gives adequate torque or top speed, as well as its hammer drill.
There is also different drill modes. You can easily drill into various materials like thick wood,sturdy metal, brick, constructed concrete,block etc.
Cast metal gear housing of this drill increase the speed of this drill. So, that’s why you can drill faster than ever. This drill has the adequate and highest durability for heavy and hard usage.
Safe and Comfortable Handling
This product has a sleek over mold body and handle. So, it increases comfort and reduces user exhaustion. Moreover, its locking trigger provides extra accuracy when you use at extend that you can maneuver with two finger.
Side handle of this drill gives better control in tough situations as well as its metal chuck and key gives accurate holding pressure and increase bit retention.
- For heavy drilling usage equipped with 7 amp potent motor.
- Materials of different kinds can be drilled.
- Two fingered trigger for locking with effortless use.
- For better control there is side handgrip.
- Double speed remittance.
- ½ inch metal keyed chuck.
- Stored with cast metal gear for more durability.
- Plastic Body deforms often
- Not much powerful in some cases
7. Milwaukee 0240-20 Drill – 8AMP, 0-2,800 RPMThe Milwaukee 0240-20 3/8 Inch Drill is one of the best power drills in the market at a low price with powerful motor.
Therefore, this is why you can easily rely on it for various kinds of hard drilling. It is a useful drill within affordable price.
It has a powerful motor of 8.0 amp potent motor which can deliver you up to 2800 rpm with variable speed for super faster, better and accurate drilling and ideal for heavy duty usage.
This product has a durable metal gear case inside it. It provides a superior gear support applications needed high torque.
A soft grip handle and also a two fingered trigger which makes the use of this drill so much easier. So, of course, this is the best choice of practitioners.
- Motor of 8.0 amp potential
- Motor speed ranges from 0 to 2000 rpm
- High stability
- For better drill bit grip there is active keyless chuck
- Flexible grip handle
- Notably light weighted
- For better maneuverability there is a 8 foot power cord
- The plastic handle may be deformed
- Max capacity for wood is 1 inch
8. Skil 6445-02 Hammer Drill – 7.0-Amp, 0-3000 RPMThose who are looking for a powerful and skilled drill at a low price Skil 6445-02 1/2-Inch Hammer Drill would be a great choice for them.
If you choose your drill for lite work purpose this will be the best. So, in your affordable price, there wouldn’t be any drill better than this.
The powerful 7.0 amp potent motor including hammer function help better & faster drilling. Additionally, a side handle assures swift control and accurate drilling.
You may get few better drills than it, but those are much more expensive according to this high efficient motor.
Best choice for DIY tasks
This skil hammer drill is the best option for DIY jobs around the house. It has ½ inch chuck with key, is specially designed for cutting materials and wood drilling. So, you can also use this safely in your everyday works.
As it is a corded drill, no battery needed. There is a variable speed trigger which lets you control the drilling speed. 2 fingered trigger with a unique lock-on which increases the control of the drill in forward/reverse speed.
- 7.0 amp potent motor for suitable application
- ½ inch active chuck for accurate drilling
- Side handgrips for better control
- Alternative speed trigger for variable drill speed
- Soft grip for better convenience
- Lock button system for extended drilling
- No disturbance with batteries
- May not usable for heavy drilling
- Does not have a keyless chuck
9. Makita 6407 3/8-Inch Variable Speed Reversible Drill“Makita 6407 Variable Speed Reversible Drill” is not likely of other ordinary drills. This drill has some of its unique features.
So that, it would be the most suitable choice for them those are searching for a powerful drill at a low price.
Various types of features such as a powerful motor, drill chuck, chuck key, lock on a button, etc. are added with this drill. Those will help you to get an accurate and controlled drilling. Its low decibel rating is suitable for quieter applications.
This drill has a larger trigger switch so that you can complete your operation comfortably and in-line handle design. So that, the user can control this machine better than any other drill. It also has low noise working advantage.
Endurance & Portability
Ball bearing construction which assures the extra durability and elongates the tools life. So, you can use a tool for many times incessantly without changing or replacing. Very lightweight, suitable for woman and can carry easily everywhere.
Motor That You Can Trust
This drill contains a powerful motor that you can keep your trust on. It has 0 to 2,500 RPM speed variation and you can use this anytime you need. Makita also offers a 79dB quiet operation system.
- 4.9 amp motor for prominent torque
- Changeable drilling speed
- Designed with in line handle for better control
- Low decibel rating for easy functioning
- Reverse switch can be located easily
- Light weighted
- Lock on button with large recess
- Not suitable for drilling of thick materials
10. PORTER-CABLE PC700D 7 Amp 1/2-Inch Variable Speed DrillIf you are searching for a powerful drill at a low price you are in the right place. This drill has a strong 7.0 amp motor and provides excellent support for the tough job.
Firstly, it has a heavy-duty powerful 7.0 amp motor. You can use this motor not only for hard drilling but also for driving jobs which is tough. PORTER-CABLE PC700D’s perfect speed and enough torque from gear design that provide optimum power.
Moreover, the motor brush system assures that it can produce full power when you use it in reverse gear.
This product provides a cast metal gear housing which elongates the tools life. Its unique features also help this drill to get rid of any abuses. So look forward to this drill if it matches with your demand.
There is cast material inside this drills’ handle that helps to increase the adequate monitoring accessibility. Additionally, users’ safety and its gentle grip mid-handle gives perfect balance and accurate control.
- Strong motor with eminent output
- Triple gear reduction for proper torque
- Excellent for drilling thick holes into thick materials
- For better control there is cast metal side handgrips
- Stored with cast metal gear for more durability
- Flexible grip handle
Designed with high torque gear
- May not be suitable for thin drilling.
Buyer’s Guide: Lightweight Drill for a Woman
To get the best lightweight drill for a Woman, your choosing strategy must be a little different from the one you could have used. Here are some of the most vital factors to guide your choice.
The level of comfort affects the ease of using the drill. If the drill has a comfortable design and handle, your work is made simpler. Comfort is attained by a side handle and a lock button for the trigger.
Balance is also of importance for a good drill, and it should also be light enough for the user so as to reduce fatigue.
The handle envisages a firm and perfect grip for the user to avoid compromising the drilling process. Make sure you purchase a power drill that will optimize the quality of the hole.
Drills that offer varied speed have the upper hand against their counterparts because they can be used to drill various materials. Its drilling speed varies with the specific type of material the user intends to drill.
For instance, when one drills through metal they simply cannot use the same speed to drill through wood.
How hard you push your drill, the type of material being drilled, and the type of bit you use all impact which speeds the user should drill at. The right speed depends on with what you intend to use the drill on.
The power of the motor should influence your drill choice. It is the power that will determine if it can perform certain tasks and not others.
This specific type of drill relies heavily on power. The size of the drill’s mortar dictates its power capacity which can be said to equate to the bigger the mortar, the more powerful it is and much better.
The lifespan of a mortar gets to depend on the amount of current deployed. If the current is higher, the mortar tends to last longer. Mortars are measured in amps of which the general variation is 5 to 10 amps.
It can be said to be the backbone of the drill that holds it together. They come in different sizes, but there are only two common varieties i.e. chucks that need a key and chucks that are keyless.
The size of the chuck determines the size of a drill bit or attachment to be used. Most commonly used and recommended Chuck is the 3/8 inch keyless chuck.
If you try out any of these drills, you will understand why they are the best lightweight drill for a Woman. They are ingeniously designed to provide maximum drilling experience for a better result.
Each of these drills can be trusted to handle various materials depending on the make and the materials they are designed for.