Choosing the best HVAC tool bag or backpack can be difficult, especially the first time you buy one.
If you have a quality HVAC technician’s tool bag all your tools will be handy, easy to access and put away, and available when you need them. A good bag will increase your productivity and end the frustration of searching for the tools you need.
Therefore, we have compiled a digest of the most important information about HVAC tool bags and backpacks for you. Here we go!
Best HVAC Tool Bags – Comparison
Custom LeatherCraft 1539
Custom Leathertcraft 1134
- 1. CLC Custom Leathercraft 1539
- 2. CLC Custom Leathercraft 1134
- 3. DEWALT DGL573 Lighted Bag
- 4. DEWALT DGL523 Lighted Bag
- 5. Veto Pro Pac MC Bag
- 6. Klein Tools 55456BPL Tradesman
- 7. Veto Pro Pac TECH-LC Tool Bag
- 8. CLC Custom Leathercraft L245
- 9. CLC Custom Leathercraft 1132
- 10. Veto Pro Pac TECH PAC
- 11. Buying Guid
- 12. FAQs
The Best HVAC Tool Bags for 2020
We have reviewed the top-rated HVAC tool bags and backpacks on the market to help you choose the right one. All these bags and backpacks are easy to find.
1. CLC Custom Leathercraft 1539 Multi-Compartment 50-Pocket Tool Bag
The CLC Tool Bag is very popular because of the huge number of pockets inside. There is a large central compartment and two side compartments, which are closed with zippers.
This bag has 50 pockets, making it easy to carry a wide selection of tools of different shapes and sizes. This tool bag is quite roomy. The large center compartment is big enough for power tools, too!
The vertical pockets make it easy to identify the tool you need, and easy to take the tool out and put it away again. Never hunt through a pile of screwdrivers looking for the right one—you’ll be able to see it and grab it in a second.
This bag is built to last. It’s made of tough polyester/polypropylene and weighs 6 pounds when its empty. The heavy-duty double zipper top makes it easy to get to your tools, easy to put them away again, and keeps them safely inside the tool bag as you go from one job to the next.
There are two ways to carry this bag. Do you prefer to hang it on your shoulder and leave your hands free? No problem! The adjustable strap is textured to help it stay on your shoulder and not slip off. The strap is also wide enough to distribute the weight of your tools, making it more comfortable to carry them. And its padded, too! The bag also offers padded handles, if you prefer to carry it in your hand.
If you have a lot of tools, this bag is an excellent choice.
- A large number of pockets allows you to carry all the tools you need.
- Quick access to tools facilitates your workflow.
- Includes a large carabiner for attaching power cords, electrical wire, etc.
- Includes a clip for attaching a measuring tape.
- The bag is tough and lasts a long time due to its heavy-duty zippers and polyester/propylene fabric.
- Perfect for HVAC hand and power tools.
- Soft, comfortable, padded carrying handles.
- Textured, padded shoulder strap.
- This is high quality hvac tool bag with a shoulder strap for HVAC technicians.
- The front pockets need to be zipped up to prevent the tools from falling out.
- When the bag is fully loaded, it can be very heavy.
2. CLC Custom Leathercraft 1134 HVAC Tool Backpack – 44 Pockets
This is a different style of tool bag—it’s a backpack! The CLC CUSTOM 1134 has two main pockets. One compartment is designed to carry a cordless drill and its battery. The other main pocket gives you a place to stow your tools and parts.
To help you stay organized, this backpack has 41 pockets inside and 7 pockets on the outside, making it easy to grab the tools you use most often. That’s a total of 48 pockets! The backpack includes small pockets for your small tools, so they won’t get lost in a large compartment.
This HVAC tool backpack makes it easy to support the weight of your tools. There is a soft back support, two wide, padded, adjustable shoulder straps, and even a chest strap to help spread the weight out across your body and keep the backpack from shifting.
You can move easily move with this fully loaded bag. This bag even stands up when its fully loaded, making it easy and convenient to work with.
- The backpack is conveniently organized and well-constructed.
- Its 48 pockets keep small, medium and large tools handy and easy to find.
- The padding on the back and padded shoulder straps make it comfortable to carry the bag, even if it is crammed to the brim.
- The CLC CUSTOM 1134 protects your tools and instruments from the weather.
- Durable zipper.
- Great HVAC technician’s tool backpack.
- It’s a little short in height (16″).
3. DEWALT DGL573 Lighted Technician’s Tool Bag, 41 Pocket
The DEWALT DGL573 HVAC service tool Bag is more spacious than you might expect. There is a roomy compartment inside the bag that opens 8″ wide, and has 41pockets for the tools you use most often. This is convenient because you can find the tools you need quickly.
On the outside of the bag, one side has a strap and on the other side of the bag there’s a small pouch with a cover. The pouch is great for screws, nuts, connectors or anything else that’s really small. The cover has a Velcro closure, so it’s easy to get into. There’s also a small hook. On the front there are more pockets, and a luggage-style clear plastic nameplate that fits a business card, and the light.
There are four pads on the bottom of the bag that help to protect the bag from wear and abrasion and offer a little cushioning when you set your bag down.
This bag offers a handy feature—a light outside! The battery-operated LED light makes it easy to see all the tools in your bag.
- 39 Lumens max LED light offers a choice of three light levels.
- Vertical pockets make some tools easier to access.
- The large interior pocket gives you room for a lot of tools, including power tools.
- Pockets on the outside of the bag keep your most-used tools handy.
- Comfortable, padded carrying handles.
- Comfortable shoulder straps for hands-free transportation of the bag.
- Large number of pockets—a total 28 inside and 13 outside.
- The light switch works poorly.
4. DEWALT DGL523 Lighted Tool Backpack for HVAC Technicians – 57 Pockets
The DEWALT DGL523 Backpack Bag features a brilliant idea—lighting the inside space so you can see your tools easily. The choice of three lighting levels gives you the amount of light you prefer. The LED-backlight runs on 2AAA batteries..
The 48 pockets inside the and 9 more outside make the backpack quite roomy. Plus, some of the outer pockets have zippers to close securely, making sure your tools do not fall out. There are also open exterior pouches for maximum flexibility. Inside the bag offers plenty of room.
DeWalt is respected for the quality of their products, and this tool bag is no exception. The manufacturer has installed soft, adjustable straps and a solid backpack frame in the back. This holds the backpack slightly off your back.
It’s also worth mentioning the supporting legs that are installed on the bottom of the bag. This is a good idea, as will help to protect your tools when you set the backpack down. It also helps to protect the bottom of the backpack from wear.
- Adjustable exterior light gives you a hands-free light source with 3 light levels.
- Soft handles and adjustable shoulder straps will make it comfortable to transport your tools.
- The bottom of the bag has support legs that protect your tools from below when the bag is standing
- The bag weight 5 pounds when empty, which is a little more than some other bags.
5. Veto Pro Pac MC Bag – Reliable Bag for Your HVAC Tools with 20 Pockets
If you ask me to describe the Veto Pro Pac MC Bag, in a nutshell, I’d say “It’s waterproof.”
First of all, the nylon bag is impregnated with PVC, making it waterproof. If you have sensitive meters and electronic equipment, keeping it dry is a must. The base is injection molded polypropylene, keeping your tools and equipment dry and greatly adding to the bag’s durability.
The Veto Pro Pac MC Bag is a smaller tool bag than the others we’ve listed so far. If you don’t have as much to carry, this will be perfect for you.
The bag offers 20 pockets in total, including a compact cordless drill/driver compartment.
Large zippers make it easy to get into the two outside compartments
The bag includes 7 D-rings. The two large D-rings can be used to attach carrying straps, and the 5 smaller D-rings offer flexibility in carrying wire, cable, and more.
- The waterproof base and fabric protects your tools and equipment..
- Durable configuration and comfortable shoulder strap do not create pain during the day.
- The compartment will hold a small 12V boost pack.
- There are 7 D-rings of different sizes that can come in handy.
- Excellent quality.
- The bag is small inside. Depending on the tools you use, you may need a bigger bag.
- Higher price than some other tool bags.
6. Klein Tools 55456BPL Tradesman Pro Organizer Backpack – 25 Pockets
Meet the Klein Tradesman Pro Organizer backpack. It features a laptop compartment to keep your computer from getting banged up by your tools. Hurray!
But in general, this backpack could be the best hvac tool backpack or other professionals too. Once nice feature is that there is a secure compartment for each type of instrument. There is a compartment that fits the AC adapter for laptops, too.
Klein has been in business since 1857, and the quality of the bag shows you why. The molded bottom offers excellent protection from wet and weather, and adds to the bag’s lifespan.
The 25 pockets make it easy to organize tools.
The inside of the backpack is orange, so your tools show up against it. This makes it easy to find your tools as compared to looking for them against a standard black interior. In our opinion, this is a great solution!
- A separate compartment fits a 17″ laptop.
- Heavy plastic heavy bottom protects the bag and makes it sturdy.
- Separate compartments for each type of instrument.
- It’s easy to find the right tool with the orange interior.
- Even with prolonged use the handles and shoulder straps stay comfortable and last a long time.
- Cost. The bag is less expensive that the Veto Pro Pac MC Bag but its more expensive than a lot of other bags. However, it’s very well-made.
7. Veto Pro Pac TECH-LC Tool Bag Review – Good HVAC Tool Backpack for the Money
Veto Pro Pac TECH_LC Bag has become quite popular. No wonder—it features 51 vertical pockets, six zippered pockets, and a stainless steel tape measure clip mounted on the outside, along with D-rings of various sizes. It is made to hold more than 75 hand tools and will hold a wide variety of meters.
This tough bag is made from 1800 denier nylon impregnated with PVC. Like the Veto Pro Pack MC reviewed above, the fabric is quite strong and has a waterproof base—in this case it’s made of 3 mm. polypropylene. And the shoulder straps are mounted with much stronger than normal rivets.
This tool bag is a compact size at 9.5inches (width) by 13.5inches (length) by 13.5 inches height. It measures 19inches tall when the handle is up.
- This smaller-size bag is made with 57 pockets of varying sizes, so it will accommodate a wide range of tools.
- The robust, waterproof bag will protect your valuable tools and equipment from the weather.
- At 7.35 pounds, this bag is heavy even when it’s empty.
- This is one of the more expensive tool bags we reviewed.
8. CLC Custom Leathercraft L245 HVAC Tool Bag Review – 56 Pockets, LED Lighted Handle
The LED on the bag’s handle is no longer just mainstream, but mandatory, giving you hands-free illumination of your work area or tools.
Unlike the previous bag, the light offers you three levels of illumination, so you can choose the amount of light that works best for you. And the light swivels!
The bag’s 56 pockets include 42 pockets inside the bag and 14 on the outside.
There is also a compartment designed to carry hand tools or accessories, and a pocked for power tools. That makes it easier to find what you’re looking for.
The manufacturer has made ergonomically designed handles to reduce the load on your hands. There’s also a padded, adjustable shoulder strap if you prefer to use that.
The Tech-LC Tech bag also has protective feet on the bottom of the bag. This is designed to protect the bottom of the bag from abrasion and wear. It also helps to protect your tools and instruments when the bag is placed on the ground, floor, asphalt, or any other hard surface. .
Yes, the bag is heavy at 7.8 pounds (empty weight) but it will protect your tools and instruments well and should last a long time.
- It has an adjustable light with three levels of illumination.
- This is the only bag we’ve reviewed so far that has a light that swivels.
- The bag is fairly compact but offers storage for a lot of tools.
- The pockets are a range of sizes to hold tools of different sizes and shapes.
- The feet provide additional protection to your sensitive instruments.
- The back compartment designed for power tools makes it quick and easy to get to them.
- The bag is heavy even when it’s empty, but this is offset by the strong, waterproof construction. This bag should last a long time.
9. CLC Custom Leathercraft 1132 HVAC Service Tool Backpack – 75 Pocket
The CLC Custom Tool Backpack holds the record for the huge number of pockets it offers– there are 75 of them! Is that good? Yes, it can accommodate everything you need to carry, and even more. Oh, and there are6 zipper compartments, too.
If you need to use a lot of large, medium and small-size tools in your work, this backpack was created for you. And, if your work requires you to use mini-tools, screws, etc., the 7-inch by 5.5 inch multi-chamber plastic tray in the kit will be keep them organized and easy to find.
Made of durable ballistic polyester fabric, this backpack weighs only 5 pounds.
- The strong material can hold a lot of weight.
- The backpack is not heavy even when it’s fully loaded.
- Its 75 pockets, 6 compartments and multi-chamber plastic tray allow you to organize and accommodate a variety of tools, from the very smallest to larger items like electric drills.
- There is enough room for a notebook computer, although it does not have a padded sleeve for this purpose.
- Weak seams and lower quality zippers than in past years reduce the bag’s useful lifespan.
- There is no carrier for a water bottle.
10. Veto Pro Pac TECH PAC Service Technician Bag Review
The Veto Pro Pac Tech Bag manufacturer claims that this backpack is designed specifically for designed specifically for professional tradesmen who need to climb ladders or walk long distances on a daily basis. But it still contains a total of 56 compartments.
However, we must admit that the compartments are well organized – there are 2 large storage bays and 4 other storage compartments. This backpack will allow you to take all the necessary tools to work. For example, there is room for cordless drills, impact drivers, drill bits, a flashlight, ratchet set, screwdrivers, screw extractor, tap and die set, and some small tools.
Also, the backpack features a quick release handle that allows easy access to the larger tool compartment. This could be a big help in situations where space is limited.
But remember that this HVAC tool bag does not have a separate compartment for a laptop, so if you pack one in with the tools, the computer could suffer.
as the pockets for bit extensions, memory sticks, and a stainless steel tape clip make this bag a good option for work. It offers 14.25 x 9.88 x 21.5 inches of space to organize your tools and equipment in.
The injection molded waterproof base keeps the backpack steady when you stand it up. The EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) panel on the back is like rubber; it softens the load against your back and helps you to wear the backpack comfortably all day. It also has an ergonomic TPV rubber handle.
- A large number of pockets, including pockets for bit extensions and memory sticks.
- The EVA panel cushions the backpack, making it softer and more comfortable against your back.
- The quick release handle makes it easy to get into the larger tool compartment.
- The tough polypropylene base keeps this backpack steady when the backpack is standing up.
- This tool backpack does not have a separate compartment for a laptop.
- This is by far the most expensive tool backpack we reviewed.
Best HVAC Tool Bags – Buying Guide
Choosing the best HVAC tool bag for you will not only be a practical asset for carrying your tools around, it should make it fast and easy to pack, find, and access your gear. Time is money; you can’t afford to leave tools behind because they won’t fit in your pack, or waste time fumbling around trying to find what you need on the job.
In general, a perfect HVAC tool bag for you will depend on how many tools you need to carry, and how their sizes fit into your bag. We have reviewed bags with very different shapes and sizes.
Another factor is weight. How much time will you spend holding the bag, or wearing it on your back? The best HVAC tool bag may be a smaller bag, or a lighter weight one. Or, if your work requires you to carry around a multitude of tools, test equipment, cables, wire, a laptop—and who knows what else? You may need the biggest backpack you can find.
When making a choice, be sure that you can carry a ladder, climb a ladder or get your tools out of the back or backpack when you’re working in a small space.
There are really only two designs: the tool bag and the tool backpack. Some people have a strong preference for one design or the other. Most bags include the option to use shoulder straps, and on most backpacks the straps are sewn on, so there is no risk of losing them. This gives you flexibility to carry the bag in your hand or on your back as needed.
HVAC Tool Bags:
The top part of the bag opens and gives you access to the large storage compartment in the center of the bag, along with outside pockets.
HVAC Tool Backpacks:
A tool backpack is a different shape, and allows your hands to be free. But you will find it easiest to take the backpack off when you want to access your tools.
Of course, the quality of the materials and the bag’s durability are important to you choice. No one wants to keep spending money buying new tool bags or backpacks that don’t stand up to on-the-job wear and tear. And if you travel a lot for work then the best HVAC tool bag has to protect your tools and equipment.
If you often work in wet conditions, a waterproof backpack is a must. Don’t take chances with your test equipment; keep it dry. If you normally work indoors, this will not be an issue.
Also, a tough bottom, or feet on the bottom, can help either style of tool bag to last longer. And if you like to stand a backpack up, make sure you choose one that won’t tip over and spill your tools.
You may also find that a bag with a colored interior, instead of a black interior, makes it easier for you to find the right tools.
Make sure the bag organizes your tools in a way that is easy and intuitive for you to use. Different people organize their tools in different ways; the bag has to work well for you.
If you need to carry a laptop or iPad with you, keep this expensive equipment safe by choosing a tool bag with a dedicated, padded pocket. This also saves you from needing a separate bag to carry your computer in.
Benefit of Using HVAC Tools Bag
There are many benefits of using HVAC tool bag. We have described some point here.
All in One Place
Even if you are not an HVAC specialist, these tool bags and tool backpacks have a lot to offer. They can keep your tools organized, easy to use, and easy to grab when you need them. Instead of keeping them in a drawer, keeping your tools in the HVAC tool bag or tool backpack means you just grab the bag and go! No loading or unloading, it’s all there, whenever you need it.
Once you get used to using a tool bag or tool backpack, you’ll know exactly where each tool is. Save time looking for the right tool—just grab it and use it.
Top 5 Best HVAC tools Bag Brands
There are a lot of bags to choose from. Some of them are from manufacturers that you know very well and some brands may be new to you. You are already familiar with some of them, such as CLC (Custom LeatherCraft), Klein, Veto and, of course, DEWALT.
Custom LeatherCraft offers a key difference in the level of comfort of using their bags throughout the working day. This is due to the thick belts that the brand uses when manufacturing. They also have some good framing tool belts.
DEWALT is known for its excellent distribution of weight that does not interfere with the tool bag wearer’s movement. In addition, this brand often uses hıgh-tech features.
Bags from Veto Pro Pac are highly organized. There are many models to choose from.
Kleın does not load their bags with large numbers of with pockets, but they do focus on making tough, well-built bags that will last a long time. They’re committed to quality. By the way, this brand is one of the few who created a rolling bag for storing tools.
Husky has been making bags since 1924. Although we did not review a tool bag or tool backpack made by this brand, Husky’s bags are lower cost and excellent quality. By the way, Husky gives a lifetime warranty on all its products.
Care and Maintenance of HVAC Tool Bags
- Regularly clean the dirt off your hvac tool bag. Dirt can cause abrasion to the bag, to your clothing and your hands. To clean your bag or backpack, use warm soapy water. That’s all you need. You may need to use a brush to get dirt out of the edge of seams or fittings such as rivets. Give the bag or backpack a thorough rinse when you’re finished cleaning.
- Is your bag made of PVC? In this case, warm soapy water will also cope with any pollution on your bag.
- Check the bag for breakage or damage every week, if possible. Pay special attention to the belts and fasteners.
- Do not allow burns, holes, loose fittings or any other deterioration of to continue. The sun, chemicals on a job site, and heavy loads can harm the fabric of your tool bag or backpack. Fix small holes or loose fittings right away, or replace the bag (buy a new one).
- Do not overload your bag or backpack. The optimum weight is 33lbs (15 kg). This helps to maintain the performance of your bag, as well as your back and shoulders.
- Before climbing a ladder or stairs, make sure that your bag is securely closed, each compartment is closed, and each tool (and your laptop) is securely fastened.
FAQ about HVAC Tool Bags
What is the best tool bag for HVAC?
Go for this one: Custom LeatherCraft 1539
When you buy a tool bag or backpack, does it come with the tools?
In most cases, the buyer receives an empty tool bag or backpack. However, there are special offers that allow you to purchase the bag and a set of tools.
How much does a tool bag or backpack weigh?
It depends on the size and material the bag is made of. The heaviest bag in this review was 7.8 pounds. That’s without any tools in it.
Can I wash my HVAC tool bag?
Yes, but it depends on the manufacturer. Sometimes sellers provide a 30-day warranty in combination with a 1-year warranty from the manufacturer. However, some companies do give a lifetime warranty.
Yes! This is end of our best HVAC tool bag and backpack review!
Some people say that all bags and backpacks for tools are built for the same purpose so there is no difference between them. However, each bag or backpack can affect your body differently. Some backpacks are more comfortable on your body than other backpacks. Some bags fit more comfortably in your hand when you carry them. Some bags have features you may need, such as a colored lining or a light.
A good HVAC tool bag or tool backpack for you is made of durable materials, sewn well, uses strong, tough zippers, opens wide enough to give you easy access to your tools, and lets you organize your tools and equipment in a way that is intuitive and easy for you to remember and work with. If you use a backpack and like to stand it up, make sure to choose a bag that doesn’t tip over when you have it fully loaded.
There are a lot of different bags and backpacks at a wide variety of prices. Shop around. Look at different bags. Read reviews. And enjoy your new HVAC tool bag or backpack!