Have you always wanted to be hypermobile?
Is it necessary to have everything at hand but there are only five pockets in pants, and they are not real?
A framing tool belt will help you become a real Mr. Gadget. As you probably heard, it is a design from a variety of pockets connected by a belt.
Why is this useful?
Due to all the necessary tools for work will be next to you. You do not need to move a heavy backpack anymore. If you need to climb the stairs or, for example, run the piano, the framing bag will not become an obstacle for you.
A large selection of materials, sizes and various functions makes it difficult to choose the best framing tool belt.
I understand it correctly and did an investigation where I checked all bags for strength on my skin, and also provided all the essential info.
The final choice is yours. Here we go.
|CLC Custom Leathercraft|
|Bucket Boss 50100 AirLift|
|DEWALT DG5617 Tool Belt|
|Occidental Leather 9855|
Best Framing Tool Belt Reviews in 2018
1. CLC Custom Leathercraft 1614 Framing Tool Belt Review
CLC Custom Leathercraft brand has come up with the creation of the best framing tool belt thoroughly. Their main motto is convenience.
First, the convenience is manifested that this waist bag is suitable for almost all waist sizes. It does not matter 29 inches or all 46 inches – this bag will not get away from you anywhere.
The brand has performed “convenience” in detail. For example, CLC Custom Leathercraft 1614 has additional braces that can be adjusted. It’s created accurately to distribute the weight and prevent deformation as you use it.
You will find here 20 pockets including pockets of small caliber for nails. It has six large pockets and 13 extra pockets. You can place the hammer or something like that in a particular holder.
There are also Sta-Open pockets, which promise the fastest access to tools. Is it really?
Yeah, it is provided through a reinforcing bar. So on the one hand, the pockets are open, but on the other side – everything is closed.
Do you often transport instruments? The option with the Framer’s Rig tool strap will be useful to you.
Okay, everyone has already understood that the organization here is excellent. And what about quality? The manufacturer assures that this waist bag has no equal in quality.
It is confirmed by the handles, which regulate the load on the hands. Do you ask how? The answer is exhaustive – this is a patented formula.
- A growth and size can be adjustable.
- Pockets remain light even when fully loaded.
- Weight distribution
- High organization inside the bag.
- Sturdy material is durable even in a weather from hell.
- Hooks quickly deteriorate (earlier than in six months).
- The suspenders are amenable to poor adjustment and fall below the waist.
2. Bucket Boss 50100 AirLift Suspension Rig ReviewBucket Boss 50100 AirLift Suspension Rig is very popular and best for the money, which is flexible.
Flexibility is due to the polyester material. However, such material does not have sufficient strength.
It’s also a reasonably lightweight bag about four pounds. I cannot imagine this because Bucket Boss launched 12 pockets, as well as steel buckles with cast-iron fittings. Most of which are for substantial accessories and we weight that. Can you imagine that?
Add two additional fasteners, one of which is steel, and the other of hard material. As for the size, the belt is for people with a waist up to 52 inches. So, that is why you can be calm and do not give up an extra piece of pizza.
Such an important aspect as convenience is also provided here. For this, adjustable braces are responsible. This function should prevent the tool belt from sliding gradually.
As for the quality of the viewed framing tool belt, you cannot be afraid of that. It’s due to that brand is famous for high-quality production. So, it pays attention not only to technologies.
- Accessibility for everyone.
- The belt is adjustable.
- Loyal distribution of weight using handles.
- Flexible pricing policy.
- An adjustable function of the belt and braces.
- Belt adjustment units prevent a changing their pockets in places.
3. DEWALT DG5617 20-Pocket Pro Framer’s Combo Apron Tool Belt ReviewThe belt bag is adjustable from the beginning to the end. It is the first plus. You can adjust the suspenders, belt and pockets and even a handle for more convenient transportation.
For those who always want to be in touch, there is a pocket for a mobile phone. It seems this is for mobile phones from the early 90s since the pocket is quite large.
Besides this pocket, you will meet nine large and 11 small compartments for parts of different sizes. All pockets are one 5 inch tape.
The creator also takes care of the tools health and made it out of material with a breathable mesh. So, your tools do not sweat during the day.
There are also no restrictions on the sizes here. Anyone who is more than 29 inches and less than 46 inches at the waist will be able to use this framing tool belt without any problems.
The total weight of the entire structure is more than 5 pounds, which is heavier than competitors do. But I pay attention to the number of pockets, which is much more significant.
- High capacity.
- A large number of compartments for parts of different sizes.
- The presence of a plastic liner in the chamber for cutting tools such as a knife.
- There is a special compartment for a mobile phone.
- A weight is just around 5
- Plastic connections are not strong enough and quickly fail.
4. Occidental Leather 9855 Adjust-to-Fit Fat Lip Tool Bag Set Review9855 Adjust-to-fit Fat Lip Tool Bag weighs like an average bag of this kind – 5 pounds. The size of the bag is also average 16*16*10 inches.
In general, Occidental Leather is a brand with a great history, which has proved itself for a very long time.
The main difference between this brand and the rest is a high-quality leather product. Yes, before they made bags to order. It is the second difference.
Besides quality, the bag is quite comfortable for both professionals and ordinary people. Fat Lip Bag Design provides this convenience.
Occidental Leather has secured pockets from possible breakages. They strengthened the pockets from the inside through the leather bottom and additional corners.
The organization consists of several compartments and additional holders for tools and hanging parts. This function is called 2 in 1. And it is located at the back of this framing belt.
9855 Adjust-to-Fit Fat Lip Tool Bag is not substantial. Therefore, often the braces (which are included) are not needed.
I think that the quality confirmed by years and excellent organization of pockets will make the working day or any DIY task easy. It is an excellent choice for those who need a belt for tools daily.
- Even if the bag is full, it does not get heavy.
- Proper organization of pockets and additional parts.
- You can place it in any waist zone.
- High quality of a design.
- The leather coating is durable and ideal for daily use.
- Extra protection through the leather bottom and the corners from the inside.
- Weak additional clamps.
- The absence of handles makes it difficult to transport.
5. Bucket Boss 55135 Mullet Buster Suspension Rig ReviewBucket Boss created Mullet Buster from Bucket Boss from the known polyester material. As we know, that has increased flexibility. But in this case, the material is not only ultra-flexible but also super-strong.
The secret is that this material was more substantial than the other. And this is called 1680 2-Ply Poly. Since there are not enough names about what it tells us I’ll say more straightforward, it is stronger four times than regular polypropylene bags.
Such a sturdy construction holds two tunable pockets system of the same material, as well as suspenders, additional hooks, soft cloth straps and for the phone.
All of the above and even the size of the belt you can customize to your style and size. There is a roller buckle, which is provided for easier adjustment.
Among other things, elastic straps are included in the general Mullet Buster feature set. It is to alleviate the severity of the filled tool belt.
If expressed in the language of all manufacturers, then this is the unique Bear technology. But it’s just elastic straps and nothing special.
- Weighted material is stronger four times.
- Large capacity of all necessary.
- The whole design is customized to individual measurements.
- More comfortable movement with tools.
- It has elastic straps.
- There are two pocket systems for tools.
- Mounting for different parts is in front creates inconvenience in moving.
- Straps are substandard and cause pain.
6. CLC Custom Leathercraft 6714 Combo Tool Belt Apron ReviewIf you are looking for a variant with a lot of pockets, the CLC Custom Leathercraft 6714 will be a good choice for you. There are 31 pockets here. At least, so the seller presents the product. There is also a 20-penny option.
Both bags are identical regarding the organization. The difference is only in the number of pockets. But we pay close attention to a large version in 31 pockets.
Pockets here are not only many, but they are also roomy and compact. It adds endurance to this waist bag.
And weight distribution through braces adds stamina to you. The whole day you can move around with the framing tool belt and not get a deformation of the back.
Additional support for your back is carried out with the help of 5 seat belts. It has a double buckle, so it promises to be durable and durable.
This creation of CLC Custom Leathercraft seems adequate and even high-quality. Yes, that is polyester fabric, but it has ballistic binding.
The total weight is 5 pounds, and it is a little for a big bag. And remember that this copy is discontinued. So, you better hurry if you like.
- The durable material is durable and tested for performance.
- Tools are protected in all weather conditions.
- Does not cause pain and severity with prolonged use.
- Lightweight even it is full.
- Natural material.
- There are 5 seat belts.
- A large number of pockets makes the framing tool belt bulky.
- The shoulder strap does not hold tightly on the shoulders and regularly slides
7. Bucket Boss 85035 Camo Mullet Buster Suspension RigThe design of this 85035 Camo Mullet Buster is identical to several previous framing tool belts. Two separate compartments are connected by a belt and additional support for the back in the form of Load Bear braces.
Both cases are large enough, capacious and quite roomy. There is a sliding pocket for essentials. It promises to be convenient.
The compartments are also sliding, and for convenience, it is regulated by Velcro. A good idea, but its implementation and effectiveness in practice are questionable.
At the same time, the belt is for people of different builds. The limit reaches 52 inches. There is a roller buckle made of steel and a bushing. You know this situation is standard.
Plus to the many pockets, there are two loops for large tools and a bag for small tools, parts or accessories.
There are also two handles made of the same material as the entire waist bag. It is a weighted polyester fabric. This tissue should correspond theoretically to the strength of the skin.
The overall size of the framing tool belt is 31*5*13.5 inches, and the weight reaches almost 5 pounds when empty.
- Capacity is provided by large pockets and additional accessories.
- High level of an organization.
- Separate compartments for different types of instruments.
- Suitable for any size.
- Lightweight, which is preserved even when loading tools.
- Big size of the belt bag.
- Short-lived fabric pockets does not last more than six months.
- Poor quality of sewing work.
- The threads get out and look sloppy.
8. FASITE PTN012 Electrical Maintenance Framer’s Tool BeltI will say at once that the FASITE PTN012 bag in question is a real bag among other giants that have been considered up to now.
Yeap, this waist bag is twice as small as the rest, and the total weight is only 1.5 pounds.It is a good option for those who do not have many tools and do not need a high level of roominess.
Despite that the size of the bag is small, and there is no additional support, the material is the most durable.
It is a 600D polyester. I assure you that no weather can scare this stuff. You can say that such material is repeatedly used. But not everywhere the thickening occurs in three layers!
People say that small but useful. It is about FASITE PTN012. Here the storage system is almost as good as the analogs. There are six pockets in each of the two separate compartments, between them one holder and two hinges at the edges.
The belt is somewhat limited and reaches 48 inches maximum. The peculiarity of this guarantee is that it is not limited and you can get compensation for any defect.
I think such bold steps on the part of the manufacturer speak of its confidence in the quality. It is worth considering about.
- Durability and resistance to weather and scratches.
- High quality of the material.
- The protection of tools from the inside.
- There is a reinforcing frame.
- Adjustable for a wide range of sizes.
- Two compartments.
- With prolonged use, weakening of the belt is observed.
- There is no additional support for more comfortable transportation.
9. Dead On DO-FR Framers Rig Review – 1 Size Fits AllIt is a reasonably large bag, which is not alien to technology. The chief pride of DO-FR Framers Rig is the Dead On system.
There are no terrible analogies here. It is a system of 30 separate pockets and belts with a back support and clips for the belt and trousers.
Capacity is also well executed. Besides three dozen pockets, there are several front compartments for small parts.
If your workplace is not azure shores, and rain, snow and other not the most pleasant conditions. Then you will be pleased with the durability of the material.
Dead On DO-FR Framers Rig is made of durable nylon fabric. It is claimed that this material is also flexible and promises to serve for a very long time.
The interior is represented by a cloth that does not respond to water and protects the instruments from the inside.
The size of the bag is really big since it is 35*17 *6 inches. And the weight is optimal for this category of bags and equals 4.8 pounds. But the strap is adjustable only up to 36 inches.
- Sturdy material that can last a long time.
- Internal protection against moisture.
- Presence of fastening to a belt and trousers.
- High level of roominess.
- Big size – 35*17 *6 inches.
- 30 separated pockets.
- Weak bag opening and closing system.
- Shoulder straps and belt size are provided for small size of shoulders and waist.
10. Custom Leathercraft PK1836 Framer’s Nail and Tool Bag with Poly Web BeltAnother framing tool belt from the CLC Custom Leathercraft brand is much like its counterparts.
The frame of the bag is a robust heavy polyester material with ballistic binding. This cladding is resistant to weather and time.
There is one difference from the previous bags, which is in one compartment for tools.
There is only one case and five pockets for large and small tools, as well as a metal loop for essential means such as a hammer. Pockets do not have an opening and closing system. It is widely open always.
Accordingly, the weight of the bag reaches 1.6 pounds. So the PK1836 Framer’s Tool Bag is smooth with no tools. It is easy even with tools judging by the number of pockets and the overall capacity.
The overall design is kept on the strap. A strap is elastic and suitable for people of any complexity and size. The belt width is 2 inches, and it has a buckle.
CLC Custom Leathercraft PK1836 Framer’s Tool Bag has a size of 12.2*7.2*15.5. So, this waist bag is small and suitable for those who have a limited number of tools for home repair.
- Durable material resistant to any conditions.
- Sturdy and durable belt.
- A lightweight framing belt for tools.
- Metal fasteners hold cumbersome tools.
- Compact size – 12.2*7.2*15.5 inches.
- Heavy polyester with ballistic binding.
- Weak capacity – several instruments are placed
- Metal loop does not adjust and interfere with movement
Framing Tool Belt Buying Guide: Things to Consider
Based on the primary purpose of the tool belt, you need one that will accommodate all the necessary tools. The specificity of your work is the central aspect of the future choice. So first of all, just imagine what tools you plan to keep with you.
Removable bag or not
In general, there are two typical belt designs for tools. The first model is a one-piece construction of the belt and sewn on the pockets, which closes on the back. In this case, the set of pockets can vary depending on the conditions of your work and the set of tools that you use.
The second type of design is a separate belt, to which is attached the structure of the pockets with a loop. Both kinds will be held at your waist.
Do you need a compartment for a drill and a hammer?
This compartment is a leather loop that slides along the belt. It is attached using a large metal hoop. If necessary, you can put there even a wireless drill or a hammer.
With a hook like a pirate
Some tool belts have an additional hook attached to a leather loop. Because of the smooth end of the hook, it will not scratch your hands and body.
How do you prefer to close the bag?
No, this question cannot be rhetorical. A vast number of people give this item close attention because each of the ways to close the bag has its advantages and disadvantages.
The tool belt can be closed using a slight fastening and be snapped. The second type is more popular in production. Typically, these bags have compartments for cutting tools and are made from a reasonably durable material.
As for the slight fastening, this is an ideal option for those tools that require protection but are always required in work. For instance, it may be some sealants or glue.
When choosing a belt bag for tools, you should start from the size of your waist. Is it big? So, you can put a lot of pockets on your belt. Not big? Three pockets – your limit.
The size of the waist also indicates the weight that you can hold. However, durable material can provide you with the necessary support. The considered kind of a bag is made of leather, nylon and polyester fabric.
Leather Framing Tool Belts
Surely, the leather is the most popular material. Leather bags are also unique.
It has small pockets for small tools such as screws and nails. It also has a pair of rings for attaching a screwdriver or something similar. Such belts have increased strength and durability.
Nylon and polyester materials
Perhaps you will say that if the leather is sturdy, then why produce bags of other material? The fact is that the leather is substantial, but not flexible enough. Therefore, nylon and polyester bags come to the rescue.
These bags have sealed pockets for attaching anything. And if you own a lot of necessary tools, then the ease of these bags will allow you to accommodate everything that you have and even a towel.
You can complete the bag with a seat belt or shoulder straps. It will not become heavy, but will efficiently distribute the weight.
Top 5 Framing Tool Belt Brand in the Market
1. Occidental Leather
I’d single out this brand with one of the most popular tool belt brands not only because of the time-tested high quality. The company makes durable leather products.
All products have a good organization of pockets, where tools can be logically placed. It creates a simple system when all the tools are really “at hand.”
2. CLC Custom LeatherCraft
This brand represents an abundance of products. When choosing a waist bag, my eyes start to flee from a vast choice.
Their chief merit lies in high-quality tailoring. Because of this, the design is sturdy and serves the customer for many years. They also have some best hvac tool bag & backpack
I could not ignore this brand. It’s kind that the company creates tool belts from various materials. When building, they focus on convenience and comfort.
It is very important because we have to walk with a bag all day. In this case, gravity will never distract you from work.
4. Bucket Boss
This company is closely related to technology. Since 1987, the brand continually surprises customers with new ideas. They even make parachute bags. You just imagine the product is so quality!
No copies of the products were listed in this review. But the brand deserves applause. They make framıng tool bags that inspire confidence only in appearance.
The compartments of the solid fabric are held on a leather strap. The brand is known for high quality and durability of bags. Stunning belts are their fate.
Why Do You Need a Framing Tool Belt?
Why do I need a framing tool belt? I have the biggest HVAC bag that I run with a huge effort!
Bravo! You are not a cowboy to have something on your waist. I must admit that HVAC tool bags are fantastic but suitable for special cases like work. Then you must take almost the whole house with you.
In the case of the tool belt, you can only take the necessary tools and go collect the cabinet from IKEA or something like that.
Yes, such waist bags emphasized the performance of daily tasks. For example, such belts can place a tape measure, ruler, drill bits, hammer, socket wrench, screw extractor, die set, a couple of sets of nails and screws, end cutters, metal bits, pliers, pencils or flashlights and much more.
It makes it possible to have everything you need at hand and not be distracted in search of “treasure” in the bowels of a giant bag.
Such a waste of time is energy-consuming. And while you are poking around in a large bag, someone with a tool belt will already fulfill a task. Choosing the most convenient bag for you will save you time and energy.
Care Use and Maintenance of Framing Tool Belts
- Have a large number of pockets, in some of which you can put small tools like nails.
- All MUST USE tools should be stored by your dominant hand. At the same time, secondary instruments should be from the side of the other, not the dominant hand.
- Move the pockets back if you need to bend or perform any other action.
- If you need to climb a ladder, put all the tools in your belt to free your hands.
- Purchase additional braces that will distribute the weight. Braces should be soft, as this will soften the burden and better provide back support.
- Remember that soft straps cannot be used with those belts that are sewn to the pockets for eternity.
- Do not attach the waist bag through the belt on your pants. It is dangerous for your health.
- Watch the tools that are connected to your hook bag.
- All cutting tools must be securely fastened and located on the side.
- Leave loose pockets and do not fill your tool belt completely.
- Clean your even tool belt and check the status of the tools inside permanently.
- Keep your bag in a cool, dry place.
- If your belt is damaged, do not attach pockets with means to it.
- Check the bag for any damage before and after use.
- Care and process the bag if it is made of leather so that it does not crack and do not dry out.
FAQ about Framing Tool Belt
Q. How to find the necessary belt size?
Answer: If you ask such a question, then you still do not have a tool belt. In that case, add 4 inches to the size of your trousers. Then this will be the approximate size of the belt for the tools that will be right for you.
Q. How to attach braces to the tool belt?
Answer: If your framing tool belt allows any additional options to be attached, then you’ll find a few loops on the belt. Loops must be equipped with rings.
By the way, you need to move the hinges, point the rings up and fasten the braces with the rings. It is essential that the rings are turned towards your body.
Q. Can I order a bag individually?
Answer: Unfortunately, this practice does not exist. However, it was in the days of our ancestors. Now all brands are trying to expand the design options, and many of them provide lifetime repair service for leather bags.
Q. What is hand specific?
It is a manual adjustment of the location of the fixtures. It all depends on your dominant hand.
So you can change the pockets of your bag so that it’s convenient for you to manage it. But it is worth noting that this function is not for every manufacturer.
Q. What is a size of framing tool belt?
Answer: The size of a framing tool belts always depends on the number of pockets and additional options. Dimensions range from 12.2*7.2*15.5 inches to 40 inches in length. There are instances of a larger size, but movement with them will be painful.
Q. Are the tools included with the framing tool belt?
Answer: No, and it applies not only to the bags examined in this review. Often such practice does not exist. But you can get a special offer including tools and framing tool belt.
Q How much does the waist bag weigh?
Answer: This situation is very similar to the question of the size. After all, weight also depends on such indicators as the number of pockets, material, additional options and of course the size.
For example, a leather bag will be much more massive than bags that are made of polyester material.
You can meet a bag from 1.6 to 5 pounds. There are lighter ones with one or two pockets or more large many pockets.
Q. Can I clean it?
Answer: Belt bags of any manufacturer and from any fabric are subject to cleaning. Moreover, regular cleaning of the bag will save the material and prolong its life.
Mind that you should wash the bag only with warm soapy water without the use of chemicals!
Q. Are leather bags made of genuine leather?
Answer:Unfortunately for Green Peace and all those who are protecting the environment, yes. All leather bags (if the manufacturer is not a deceiver) are made of real animal skin. That is why they are so cumbersome and expensive.
Q. Can I move with this?
Answer: Honestly, the framing tool belt was created for more convenient movement. Your hands are free, everything you need is at the waist, which means that any action you can do.
It’s another matter if you have overfilled a bag or it becomes incredibly substantial, then, of course, you can forget about traffic.
The Best Framing Tool Belt is another way to be organized in the workplace. It allows you to have all the necessary tools available right now and here.
Plus, this type of tool bag provides tremendous mobility, regardless of whether you use it at home or at work.
All these tips will help you make the right choice and find a bag of your dream. Just imagine no fatigue during the day and it looks so sexy!
1. Electrician Tool Belt Reviews and Guide by Expert
2. Top Rated Tool Pouch Reviews and Guide by Expert
3. Carpenters Tool Bag Reviews and Guide by Expert
4. Tool Backpack Setup 101 : Everything You Need to Know
5. How to Properly Wear a Tool Belt – Complete Step By Step Guide