Are you an electrician and your work often turns out in unpredictable places such as trees, a roof or even a pool?
Do you use various tools from small nuts and screwdrivers to drills?
Do you have a lot of tools and you do not know how to bring this to the workplace?
Do you spend minutes on searching need tools to complete a task right now?
Use the best electrician tool belt to solve all these problems once and for all.
Additional back support, plenty of roomy pockets, mobility and high organization – this is the less that you can get using the tool belt every day.
Tool belt for electricians is indispensable because it helps you to have everything you need at hand, to get the right tool quickly and not to feel tired even in the longest working day.
If you value your time and you are not going to waste it looking for the best product, follow me below!
Best Electrician Tool Belt in 2019
1. TradeGear Heavy Duty LARGE 36-40″ Electrician’s Belt & Bag ComboTradeGear electricians tool belt is a standard nylon bag. In many ways, this bag is better than its counterparts: it is durable, resistant to any weather, has a strong cross-linking in the Bar-Tak technique, has metal rivets.
What else can you love this tool belt? I like 27 roomy pockets, which are divided into 2 compartments. Each pocket is designed for many different tools from screws to hammers.
As for additional accessories for carrying, this one of the best electricians’ tool belt has two handles for more convenient carrying. If this is not enough, you can add a set of braces (hooks for braces are available).
- Durable tool belt as it has double seams through which even sharp tools do not pass.
- It keeps the weight light even when you pocket the pockets with tools to the brim.
- The material is resistant to water and different weather conditions, so that your tools are not wet, not erased.
- The belt is nylon and therefore soft, does not dig into the skin, and also does not create sweat in the heat, as it has “ventilation”.
- The belt is also suitable for all sizes and secures your size with a two buckle for stability.
- Due to the heavy overweight, there is a chance to erased and torn.
2. CLC Custom Leathercraft 1608 Electrician’s Comfort Lift Combo Tool BeltCLC Custom Leathercraft 1608 electrician tool belt is a complete set. Besides 28 roomy pockets and a 3-inch belt, which is suitable for many sizes, it also includes suspenders.
The clc 1608 material is special because it has a special lining for smoother transportation of goods. Because of this lining, weight is distributed evenly, and the lower part of the back is not deformed.
I really like that this electrical tool belt has pockets that can be zipped. That is great as no tools fall out while the pockets are closed.
- It is easy to carry a lot of tools due to the presence of braces; the weight is qualitatively distributed, it does not overload my back and I do not feel pain.
- Finally, my tools stopped leaving the tool belt without my approval, because I close my pockets with a zipper.
- I easily regulate the pockets’ locationas it is convenient for me right now, the Velcro allows me to do this.
- The wide strap supports my back and therefore I do not feel pain in my lower back all day long.
- CLC is suitable for all sizes of a waist – from the smallest to the big.
- There are wide open pockets that do not have a zipper and tools sometimes fall out of there.
3. Occidental Leather 5590 M Commercial Electrician’s SetOccidental Leather 5590 M is a leather tool belt for electricians. This belt has many pockets in which there is enough space for all your tools in general.
There is also a separate place for each tool, and there are also additional holders for electrical tape, pliers, screwdrivers and a hammer.
The corners of the pockets have metal rivets, which increases the strength in these unstable places. You can be sure that the large and medium tools will not pass.
I like the look of this best tool belt for electrician from leather; everything is done cleanly and efficiently so that I do not have unnecessary questions.
- The leather pockets of this tool belt firmly hold my tools so that nothing falls out.
- This leather belt is quite light and the wide belt does not give me pain in the stomach; at the waist it is very comfortable.
- The belt is suitable for people of any weight and size even when the belt is new and not yet soft.
- Pockets keep its shape well and do not wear out for a long time.
- I did not get a defect and a gap in my pockets, although I tested this bag for a long time, because my pockets were reinforced with metal rivets.
- Material (leather) may stain clothing after it gets wet.
- When the tool belt is new, it can be a little tough for you (use conditioner to fix it).
4. ToughBuilt – Handyman Tool Belt Set – 3 Piece, Includes 2 Pouches, Padded BeltToughBuilt makes the best tool belts for electricians from lightweight and durable (manufacturer claims) 6-layer nylon. The belt is wide and suitable for different sizes in the widest range – from 32 to 48 inches.
But not only it makes the difference between the belt and alternatives. The fact is that the belt is equipped with the ClipTech system. This system involves attaching pockets to the belt. One click and pocket in place. It works very well when the pockets are stuffed with heavy tools.
In general, this tool belt has three compartments and 10 pockets. The kit also includes various loops for oversized tools, such as a hammer, tape measure, and tape clip.
I like the ability to use only the required number of tools in this bag. If you need only one compartment, then you use one, and the second one stays at home.
- It is freely adjustable, and you can use only the required number of pockets.
- The belt is strong, from 6 layers of material, and is convenient for any size waist.
- The material (nylon) is quite durable and does not wear out for a long time.
- Pockets do not allow defects, because it is reinforced with double seams.
- This belt has a high organization inside, as each tool has a separate place, as well as additional hooks and clips.
- Holes around the belt wear out quickly.
- Fasteners quickly break if used frequently.
5. Gatorback B240 Electrician’s Combo with Pro-Comfort Back Support BeltAnother nylon tool belt for electricians with a leather strap made by Gatorback. The design of this belt consists of two compartments with 9 pockets (which are placed on the sides) and a wide belt (with a wider back for support).
The belt deserves special attention as it is made for man! Besides the fact that the material is breathable and does not allow sweat to form, it also supports your back when you have a lot of tools in your pockets.
The compartments with pockets are glued on Velcro and stitched additionally so that it can last for a long time and not fall off.
As Gatorback electrician tool belt review show pockets remain open especially. The manufacturer does this so that the tools are always available for work.
- This tool belt is made of durable and lightweight nylon, which is loyal to different weather conditions.
- The material of these pockets and the belt is breathable and does not allow sweat to form even when you carry your bag throughout the day.
- I feel maximum comfort because of the wide belt that effectively distributes the weight over the back and hips.
- Tools are stored in pockets as if pockets are specially cast for your tools because of the plastic base.
- The leather part of the belt has a double tongue and allows you to adjust the size.
- Velcro on the compartments tends to break, but the belt loop keeps it from falling.
6. Klein Adjustable Electrician Belt – 2 Inch Wide, Adjusts for 48-Inch WaistWhat is electrician tool belt by Klein? That is just an adjustable electrician tools belt.
This belt is suitable for all sizes of the waist, and 48 inches inclusive. But that is not suitable for all electricians. The point is that it is a great option for those who already have pockets and need an adjustable strap.
If you are one of those electricians who already have pockets, then the Klein belt will be a good choice for several reasons.
Firstly, it can have (if you install it additionally, as it is not included) loops for holders, pouches and other things. In addition, the belt is made of polypropylene mesh and has a width of 2 inches.
The belt is also equipped with a metal buckle, which in theory should facilitate easier adjustment. Klein also assures us that the belt has corrosion protection.
- The belt is adjustable, and it allows you to install pockets and extra holders to your taste.
- Such a belt from Klein supports heavy pockets (10 and 5 pounds) with tools steadily.
- The material of the belt is tough and therefore keeps the back and heavy bags of tools, and is also resistant to weather and long use.
- This belt is suitable for any pockets, hooks, and holders, as it has universal compartments for their installation.
- It fits any size, including 48 inches at the waist.
- You can accidentally press the buckle while moving and the belt may open.
- Over time, the belt becomes looser and weaker.
7. Milwaukee 48-22-8110 Electricians Work BeltMilwaukee electrician tool belt is a stylish belt with a bright design that has many advantages in supporting your back.
I like the extension of the belt in the back, as it gives me support and reduces the load on my back. I can find my length (suitable for all sizes) and firmly fasten it into two holes.
The material is nylon. We can expect strength, water resistance, air movement and lightness from this material.
As for the organization of pockets, this is at a high level. Tool belt has all the necessary pockets for large and small tools, hooks and more.
- It is quite tough and therefore neither the belt nor the pockets sag when heavy tools are worn for a long time.
- The material is durable and resistant to different weather conditions – from heat to rain – so that your tools remain intact and safe.
- The belt is wide, especially in the back area and it provides additional support when you transport heavy tools.
- It is suitable for a small and wide waist, on which the belt is held tightly by the double tongue.
- Your construction tools are protected from mixing because inside the compartments each pocket is designed for a specific type of tool.
- The belt may seem too hard and even crush your stomach if you adjust it tightly.
8. Gatorback Electricians Combo Deluxe Package (Tool Belt, Suspenders, Gloves, Drill Holster)Gatorback electricians belt reminds a grandmother who has everything you can imagine. I mean that this kit includes not only the tool belt, suspenders, and even gloves and drill holster.
The whole set surely keeps on a wide belt which is strengthened on a back for bigger support.
And the material is hard so that the belt does not sag from gravity. But the manufacturer did not manage in simple words and called it DuraTek 1250.
If you are worried about roominess, you calm down, because you have 18 pockets on the right and 9 pockets on the left.
- The “ventilation system” in the belt material leaves you free from wet back when you wear it for a long time.
- It is a complete set that has a support system (suspenders and handles) and a protection system (gloves with a soft tab) and frees you from additional expenses and back pain.
- Pockets are tough, do not sag over time and firmly hold tools.
- The belt and pockets are durable, as they withstand daily use, do not wear out and remain in the original state.
- And the great organization inside the compartments from the pocket is determined by the presence of multiple pockets on both sides.
- The size of the belt seems a bit smaller than that indicated by the manufacturer.
9. Rack-A-Tiers 43242 Electrician’s Combo Belt & Bags MediumWhat is Electrician’s Combo Belt Rack-A-Tiers 43242? It is a cool nylon tool belt with a reinforced belt and 9 roomy pockets. The storage system also includes a holster for a hammer and a magnetic tape holder.
This tool belt for electricians has nothing superfluous. There is a support system which is represented by handles and hooks for suspenders (not included), with which you will complete the kit in the future.
The belt is not the biggest, designed for a narrow waist and those who do not like to overeat. But this belt has a cast support for maximum back support.
- The material has an “air channel”, that is, it lets in air and does not allow sweat to form on your back.
- The strap gives you extra support for your back, and overall, it effectively distributes weight due to its large width.
- And the seams are reinforced with double stitching and metal rivets.
- It stores the tools in pockets so good and does not fall out, and you always have access to them.
- Nylon is resistant to good and bad weather, long use and high gravity.
- The bags are set to Velcro, and when you put heavy tools in place, the Velcro is loosened and the sacks sag.
- Belt size is only suitable for a narrow waist.
10. CLC Custom Leathercraft 5609 20 Pocket / 3 Piece Electrical ComboCLC Custom Leathercraft 5609 is the perfect embodiment of style, quality, and high organization.
Buying this bag, you become the owner of a wide belt with two tongues that effectively hold the weight and distribute the weight. This belt is easily adjustable without special knowledge and skill.
It is a high-quality product, but if something went wrong, you can always remove it and replace it with something else, or swap parts.
The whole construction is nylon, and the seams are double stitched to reinforce the material additionally.
- It is ideal for working as an electrician because of a strong wide belt when supporting his back throughout the entire working day.
- You can swap pockets or replace it with other parts, adjust the belt as you like.
- The storage system is made at a high level, especially pockets for oversized tools, such as an electric drill.
- The tool belt is made of durable but lightweight material that is lightweight and does not sag even when you carry heavy tools.
- And this bag greatly enhances your productivity at work due to the availability of tools.
- The belt does not have a holder for the rest of the belt, so part of the belt (if your waist is narrow) just hangs down and prevents movement.
- This model does not allow pockets to move forward.
Best Electrical Tool Belt Buying Guide
The work of an electrician involves the use of many specific tools.
Moreover, the electrician work requires a long working time. As a rule, the solution of one major task requires one working day and several additional hours at another time.
The electrician works carefully, because his work is serious, and the safety of the room and human life depend on it. That is why nothing should interfere with the electrician while it is working.
In this case, the electrician tool belt is an indispensable accessory for any electrician, because it is comfortable and improves productivity in work.
Types of Electrical Tool Belt
There are several types of electrical tool belt that have a good gasket, suspension and so distribute weight. But in the store (online or retail) you will find a lot of options that will confuse you.
These bags are different belt and material. That is, what matters most for electricians in their work. And we will begin to get acquainted with the form.
This type of electrician tool belt is the most popular because the largest number of specialists in electricity use it. Why is this type of belt so popular?
The reason is that the belt fits perfectly at the waist, from where the bags hang down and do not interfere with your movement.
The whole point is a thick belt. Such a belt is considered the most convenient since it distributes the weight on the hips and back. That is, using this type of tool belt you leave the loins not overloaded.
It is the second type of electrician tool belts in shape. The essence of this type is that the usual electrician tool belt setup (which is placed on the waist) is complemented by suspenders. In this case, the weight is distributed on the shoulders and back, legs evenly.
Using the harness type every day you should forget about what pain and discomfort are after a long wear of gravity.
When you are looking for a copy of this type, you should pay attention to the harnesses. The fact is that double harnesses provide a more even weight distribution.
Now I suggest you go to another more extensive list of types of electrical tool belt – by materials.
There is no doubt that this material is one of the best. After all, this is a natural (but not vegetarian) product.
Everyone knows that leather is a durable material. You can find belts made of genuine leather, the upper part and another type from the lower part, as well as from non-natural leather.
Of course, the upper skin is quite durable and supple, as well as softer. The lower part is usually glued together from several pieces. You can also find high-grade natural skin, which includes both layers.
Such leather is super strong and durable, but heavy and tends to dye clothes in wet weather. The unnatural leather is weak in strength, but vegetarian and loyal to any weather.
This material is essentially a synthetic fabric. You might think: “It is not durable and useless.” Polyester is less durable than leather. But this material is lighter, and therefore using a polyester electrical tool belt creates less strain on your back.
You will also change your mind when you get in the rain with a polyester bag because this material is waterproof.
Such material as nylon is very similar to polyester. However, there is one very important difference – strength. Nylon is several times stronger and stronger than polyester.
And nylon is far from leather in durability, and inferior in water resistance of polyester. That is, this type is somewhere between polyester and leather. It is stronger than the first but less waterproof and not durable as a second.
Benefits of Using Electrician Tool Belt
Many electricians opt for a daily use tool belt because they see a lot of advantages in this.
Convenient Transportation Tools
The work of an electrician involves the use of a huge number of tools of a different type, which originate from different industries in construction.
And the main task of the electrician is to have all these tools of different types and sizes on the construction area.
So, the problem arises – how to transfer a lot of tools to the workplace – because you will not carry it in your hands, right?
An ordinary bag is also not suitable, because all the tools are intermingled with each other and you spend a lot of time looking for the right one.
The electrician tool belt easily solves this problem, as it has pockets, each of which is designed for a specific type of tool. And you just put the compartments with these pockets on the waist. Your hands remain free, but you have all the necessary tools with you.
High Level of Organization
As I said, each tool belt pocket is designed for a specific type of tool. Thus, each instrument occupies a special place. High level of organization prevents from mixing.
Safe for Non-Standard Work
Electricians often work at height, climb stairs or work on the roof for hours. All these pose a danger zone, and that is why you should care about their safety there.
Using the tool belt and having all the tools with you, you make the workflow safe and save time for often going down for the tools and getting up again, because you have everything you need at your waist.
Convenient Placement of Tools
The electrician tool belt not only efficiently stores tools but also saves working time and increases your productivity. How?
As you already know, pockets are designed for a specific tool. Therefore, you can keep more important and frequently used tools with the dominant hand, and the secondary ones – with the other. Such a “technique” of storage can significantly save working time.
The main advantage of the electrician tool belt over other storage systems is that it evenly distributes the weight over the shoulders (if you have braces), back and hips.
It allows you to not feel heavy and tired muscles for a long time. In addition, the tool belt does not hamper your movement.
Features To Look For During Purchase
Many advantages of different types of electrician tool belt make the choice only more difficult.
I understand this and that is why I want to draw your attention to the points that are most important in the use of the tool belt, and which you must consider as part of the purchase.
How Comfortable Are You When Using It?
Many people are embarrassed to try bags and other items that they are ready to buy. And that is bad. You must be 99% sure that this tool belt makes you feel as comfortable as possible.
Comfort is an important point. Just imagine: you will wear this belt a whole working day, and sometimes much more. All this time, your productivity and activity should remain on top. That is why you should feel only comfort and no discomfort.
But if the belt seems ideal, but not comfortable enough, you can add a set of suspenders. Honestly, it is a win-win option to make the belt more comfortable.
Much depends on what material you choose. First, it is durable.
A reasonable choice would be if you buy a stronger and more durable material. But be prepared for disadvantages, because there is no panacea, there is no ideal option; each material has certain advantages and disadvantages.
Durable material will save your time and money. And the most durable material is leather, but, at the same time, a leather is not water resistant and is quite heavy.
Pay attention to suede due to it is a strong, durable and lighter material. Nylon also has an average durability and strength.
Many good manufacturers use a trick in the manufacture of bags – they make the main body of nylon and vulnerable places from the skin. It keeps the pockets intact for long and not heavy.
How Pockets Are Roomy?
It is no secret that the electrician has tons of tools, each of which is important. That is why the best tool belt for electricians should be capacious.
When buying, check for big pockets for large tools, pockets (or hooks, or hammer holders) for oversized tools. It is important that every necessary tool fit into the tool belt. Otherwise, why do you need it at all?
That is fine if all pockets are reinforced. For example, the bottom of the pockets can be made of leather (when the whole structure is nylon).
It is a very important part of the tool belt. Firstly, this is so because the belt is the base to which the pockets are attached. Additionally, the belt provides convenience and comfort.
If the belt is wide and flexible, buy such a tool belt without delay. Indeed, in this case, you can be sure that it will be comfortable at the waist, will not rub or crawl.
And the wide belt is useful for the back, as it evenly distributes the weight. In general, the wide strap is more resistant to the heavy weight of the tools.
You might think: “Strong belt means leather belt.” But this is not necessarily the case. A sturdy belt may be leather, but such a belt will not be flexible.
Choose a suede or nylon belt. These materials are also durable and flexible.
How Big Is The Buckle?
OK, everyone knows that every belt has a buckle. And when buying an electrician tool belt, you have to give considerable attention to the size of the buckle.
I have to say: the buckle should be small. What if you bought a tool belt with an outstanding big buckle? It will crush your stomach when moving.
But when choosing a small buckle, you should look for a buckle with two tabs. Why? Because it provides greater strength than a single-tab buckle.
What about the Warranty?
And yes, be sure that the product you choose has a guarantee. As my life experience shows, the shorter the warranty period, the less durable the product is.
Is The Appearance Good?
It’s time to admit that your mother was right, and you should carefully inspect things before you buy.
Paying attention to some nuances of the appearance of the tool belt you can determine how long this thing will last.
Check the strength of the belts, the presence of double seams (at least in vulnerable places), the strength of the rivets.
How To Wear Electrician Tool Belt?
I bet you never thought about whether you are wearing this or that clothing or accessory! However, this is wrong, because it depends on how correctly you put on something that preserves comfort for a long time.
Considering that your electrical tool belt will be heavy for a long time, you are responsible for putting it on in a certain way and not feeling pain and fatigue for a long time.
In general, it is very simple. Just take the belt and slip it through your pants as you do every day with a regular belt. And then just slip the belt into the buckle and fasten it to your comfort level.
If you have suspenders, put suspenders on your shoulders. And also check how tight it is.
But a wearing of electrician tool belt has a few nuances that you should consider.
Do Not Hinder The Movement
Firstly, it concerns pockets. Your tool belt will have many pockets and none of them should interfere with the movement. If it interferes, set your pockets in such a way that your movements remain free.
In addition, you certainly keep more important tools on the side of the dominant hand. It is correct, but the dominant side may be harder than the other. It is unlikely that it will be convenient for you.
That is why you should avoid overweight. Keep the tools on the side that is more convenient for you and always keep the measure. Both sides of the pockets should be equal in weight.
You must fasten the belt loosely. It is about the possibility of always turning the pockets to the other side.
One way or another the matter is that the long-lasting wear of the tool belt will make it heavy. And in the struggle with the feeling of heaviness, you have to change pockets in some places.
Your work as an electrician also involves working on the roof, on the stairs – on top. It is safe if you do not hold the tool pockets in the back and avoid overshadowing.
So, when lifting, you should be able to flip the pockets with the tools forward to prevent overweight.
The belt should not be fastened too tight. Follow the chain of command, even in this!
There is a misconception that taking care of things does not prolong their lifespan. Certainly, it is not.
You should be concerned about the safety of the product and the safety of the workplace. Therefore, I have compiled several important (in my opinion) rules that will help you in carefully handling the best electrical tool belt that you choose.
Why is it so important? Firstly, it is important because you prolong the “shelf life”. And you also avoid pain, fatigue, and discomfort in the back. After all, every year 1 million builders are injured in the workplace.
You can buy a tool belt without suspenders. But it must have hooks for you to add a set of suspenders.
Always use suspenders to transport tools with the help of a tool belt, because this way you distribute the weight on the shoulders and hips, provide greater comfort.
But! Sometimes suspenders need to be removed for your shoulders and back to rest.
Do Not Overload Your Pockets
We all love to have something more than we actually need. But such a habit often plays a cruel joke with us. Keep a measure of weight and try to have with you only those tools that you will use only for today’s task.
Be Careful With Non-Standard Tools
I am speaking about sharp instruments first. Be sure that such tools are stored in a case and will not be able to tear the pocket and fall out or buried in your stomach when moving.
Use A Cleaning Brush
You need a soft bristled brush. It will remove dust from the pockets and not damage the material. By the way, you should clean the bag regularly (both from the inside and outside)!
If the material of your tool belt is leather. After all, this material requires additional care.
Check Pockets For Defects
I recommend doing it every day to avoid problems the next day. Just check if there are cuts, spots (remove it immediately) or holes that can let the tools out. What to do if you found a defect? Eliminate it!
How can I find out the size of the tool belt?
Usually, sellers specify the size when purchasing. You just have to measure the width of the belt that you wear every day and translate it to the appropriate size. But be careful, as many sellers indicate the wrong size.
What is better Velcro or buckle for the electrician?
You, as an electrician, have a lot of heavy tools, so sticky tape can quickly fail. So, try to make a choice in favor of the buckle, as this better ensures the stability of the belt during use.
What electrician tools can I store in a tool belt for an electrician?
As I said, these can be any tools. The main thing that these were relevant tools that you will use today. Most electrical tool belts have holders for a hammer, holders for a tape measure, pockets for nails and other small tools, for scissors, for a cutter, for pliers, pencils, flashlights, screwdrivers, and others.
If you found the best electrician tool belt that is a very good investment.
While your colleagues will suffer from an uncomfortable big tool bag, you can move around the construction area without difficulty, climb onto the roof or go down to the basement.
Believe me, your work has never been so productive!