Do you work as a carpenter and use tons of tools every day? Then you should have the best carpenters tool belts, which holds all the necessary tools compactly.
Now your productivity will increase because each tool will take its own separate place.
Do you want to know which tool belt is the best? Follow below!
Best Carpenters Tool Belts – Reviews
1. Gatorback B145 – Best Rated Carpenters Tool Belt
When you need a standard roomy belt, it is hard to find something better than the Gatorback B145 Carpenters Triple Combo tool belt.
First, the belt has the usual size and suits most people (after all, you can adjust the size for yourself).
This belt of increased comfort, as it has grooves for suspenders. Therefore, even the heaviest tools will be transportable with this one of the best carpenter tool belts.
Special attention is noteworthy to the material that has the feature of the air channel. In other words, the material breathes and sweat is not formed. You may not believe in it, but make sure that even the foam in the belt frame is breathable.
Pockets are attached to the belt with Velcro, which facilitates adjustment. In general, these are 7 nylon pockets of lightweight, high strength.
- Convenient belt distributes weight even without suspenders and the belt is not heavy even with full packaging.
- The material is not only light but also quite flexible, as it is not rigid.
- It is pre-configured, allowing you to mix or connect different parts yourself.
- The string line is strong, that is why it keeps bulky heavy tools.
- Such a belt is not afraid of rain or heat, because it does not get wet and is breathable.
- Velcro does not hold pockets tightly, so the belt just slips at the waist.
2. DEWALT DG5472 – Best Leather Carpenters Tool Belt
I will try to describe DEWALT DG5472 Carpenter’s Apron with three words “quality, comfort, simplicity”. And add a little more.
The belt (2 inches wide) has a double buckle of an optimal size that supports the belt on the desired dimension. By the way, this belt fits all sizes from 29 inches to 46 inches at the waist and is easily adjustable (you can even adjust).
The material is durable leather that is resistant to transporting heavy large tools.
This leather carpenters tool belt has a lot of beautiful, but most of all design. For example, the hammer holder snaps into place when you fasten the hammer to prevent loss.
Regarding the number of pockets, it is 12 in general, of which 5 are the main and 7 small pockets, designed for small parts.
- The belt fits all sizes and is easily adjustable to individual measurements.
- It is perfectly placed at the waist and does not weigh, does not overload the back.
- Snap hinge firmly holds tools such as a hammer and tape measure.
- The tool holder tends to slide along the belt, which is convenient for moving the center of gravity and increasing productivity.
- Thick durable material that will last for several decades.
- In hot weather, due to sweat, the leather stains clothing.
3. Occidental Leather 9855 – Best Finish Carpenter Tool Belt
Occidental Leather 9855 finish carpenter tool belt set is a good option for those who want a light and durable belt at the same time. Why?
The point is that the main material of this belt is nylon. But the bottom and the corners (as the most dangerous places to damage) are made of leather.
It is one of the best tool belts for carpenters due to it has a suspension system with which you can complete the set with braces.
The pockets have standard sizes – the largest is 10×10 inches and the smallest is 5×4.5 inches. The design of this belt is also complemented by holders for oversized tools (hammer or nail puller).
- This belt is light and strong at the same time, which is convenient in the comfortable work of a carpenter.
- All pockets are highly organized, so all tools are at hand.
- There are additional holders that give you the opportunity not to put oversized tools in your pockets.
- Leather reinforcement of the bottom and corners of the pockets counteracts the formation of defects, holes, and loss of tools.
- The material passes air and does not allow you to sweat even after prolonged use in hot weather.
- Additional holders are placed at the back, which is inconvenient for use.
- The belt is suitable for a limited range of sizes (bad for a small and for a very large waist).
4. Custom Leathercraft 5605 – Best Professional Carpenters Tool Belt
Custom Leathercraft 5605 professional carpenters tool belt holds 18 pockets of different sizes for different tools. It is quite a lot, so we can safely consider the belt roomy.
By the way, these pockets have a feature – every detail is removable. In case something broke, you can simply replace it.
Yes, the material looks light, but it is also quite durable. Plus, the belt is soft and in the presence of a roller buckle is the perfect mount.
People of all sizes from 29 inches to 46 inches can wear this belt every day because the belt is adjustable for convenient long carrying.
If you noticed that the pockets are open. It is a “stay-open” function that provides super easy access to the right tools.
- This belt has comfortable carrying handles and is great to lie on your waist as if it should be like this forever.
- All parts of the belt and pockets are removable and replaceable, which makes this belt more practical and durable.
- The pockets are created as part of the quick access system, so you don’t waste a second searching for the right carpenter tool.
- The belt fits all sizes, including standard, too small or too large.
- Stitching pockets are very tight to counteract rapid wear, which is credible.
- Additional steel holders (although it is of good quality) are not advisable to install, because it interferes with movement.
- The belt wears quickly around the rings, which you always clamp.
5. Task Tools T77265 – Best Cheap Carpenters Tool Belts
To be honest, everything in this belt is perfect – from organization to excellent material. By the way, this best carpenter tool belt has suede material, which is highly durable and weather resistant.
The pockets have an unusually rounded stern as you see, which is a kind of protection against the wear of corners – “no corners, no wear”.
Task Tools T77265 Carpenter’s Apron has 12 pockets and 2 additional holders for hammers and more.
As for the belt, it is 12 inches wide and is quite soft (because it is suede). I am delighted with the amazing organization of this belt. Each tool has its own place and I can find the one I need with my eyes closed.
- Durable material resistant to different weather conditions (and rain and frost) and will not paint your sweaty back in the heat.
- Pockets are quite capacious and hold a lot, and also keep tools from falling out.
- It’s easy even when you wear a lot of tools and even though it is suede.
- The design of the pockets has a rounded shape, which eliminates the corners of holes and defects and the disappearance of small nuts and nails.
- The belt is universal, as you can always complete the set with braces.
- Too long strap residues interfere with the movement, as it just hangs.
- The belt is suitable for a larger size waist.
6. Occidental Leather 9596 – Adjustable Carpenters Tool Belt
This is our sixth best carpenters tool belt in our list. Does your carpenter job require a trillion tools every day? Occidental Leather 9596 Adjust-to-Fit Industrial Pro is made for you.
First, this belt is the perfect balance between quality and lightweight. The whole construction is made of nylon, but the upper part is represented by leather belt.
The size of the belt is standard; that is why it is suitable for a wide range of waist sizes. And you feel the maximum comfort when worn, which is only possible.
Moreover, all the places that are most subject to wear are made of leather, which increases its durability.
I like the optimal number of pockets because it doesn’t look bulky and uncomfortable. You can put tons of tools there and it won’t be heavy (the main quality is nylon). No doubt that is what the professional carpenter need. You can also use this as an electrician tool belt if needed.
- High-quality pockets, materials, and seams allow you to wear a lot of tools every day.
- The belt is lightweight even if you keep a lot of tools there.
- The material is resistant to temperature changes, so you cannot be afraid for the safety of tools in the rain, cold or heat.
- It does not create sweat or discomfort during prolonged use.
- Internal pockets do not have sections, so the tools inside move and move.
- The belt is not adjustable, and the pockets do not switch.
7. Contractor Pro Gatorback – Best Carpenters Tool Belt With Suspenders
Contractor Pro Gatorback professional suspenders tool belt is one of the best carpenters tool belt I’ve ever seen. No kidding!
Manufacturers have foreseen everything: pockets have a high organization, including suspenders and even gloves.
By the way, this material which is a nylon also has breathability and does not allow you to sing with prolonged use or in the heat.
And again, all the details are attached to the Velcro. This is convenient because you can adjust all the details as you want it.
This tool belt for carpenters pro is from the rank “I bought 18 pockets with suspenders and have been using it all my life.”
- Maximum quality and resistance to wear that are supported by double seams in unstable places.
- Very capacious and roomy pockets in the amount of 18 pieces, which hold all the tools you need for every day.
- The weight of the pockets (even if it is full) is light and does not cause pain or another discomfort after long use.
- The pockets have an outer plastic insert, despite the fact that it remains open and therefore is quite roomy.
- The braces distribute the weight perfectly to the shoulders and I do not feel tired throughout the workday.
- The size of the belt is slightly longer than the large size, so the belt keeps at the waist freely (it keeps room for a very satisfying lunch).
- Some places require additional stitching.
8. MagnoGrip 203-017 – Lightweight Tool Belt For Carpenters
This best carpenters tool belt is not like the others. Firstly, it is a different design and a small number of pockets. Yes, it has 12 pockets, but there are a few big ones.
The material of the pockets and belt is represented by polyester (double layer), so the belt has a small weight.
An unusual design is also added to the magnetic pockets for nails. These pockets are outside and work on a magnet. That is, you only attach a nail that is held by a magnet. Just imagine: you no longer need to poke around in your pockets in search of a nut!
Those zones on which it is the most pressure have rivets for reinforcement. But the rest of the pockets are open. The manufacturer explains this with an easy-access system, of course.
- Magnets do hold nails and it’s pretty hard to lose because you need an effort to peel the nail off.
- The organization of these pockets is at a very high level due to the easy access system, the pockets closing on the rivets and the ideal location of the pockets.
- The belt is quite soft and comfortable to wear, and it is suitable for both small as well as for large size.
- The belt has a large width, which indicates a better weight distribution. That is why I do not feel heavy during the day.
- Pockets and unstable zones are reinforced additionally, and this is excellent because with long use you will not see any defects.
- Magnetic “pockets” tend to stick to everything and collect all metal, and not just nails. Get ready, it can be annoying.
9. DEWALT DG5650 – Professional Carpenters Pro-combo Tool Belt
Carpenter uses different tools, many of which are small. If you are one of those who has many small tools, then DEWALT DG5650 Carpenter’s Apron Tool Belt would be an excellent choice.
It is a good one because this best (I am not afraid this load word) tool belt for trim carpenter is roomy because it has 31 pockets, 24 of which are designed for small parts.
Three large compartments with large pockets improve your organization and productivity.
How is weight distributed? Fine. For example, the belt is soft and has 6 inches in width. The buckle has a double tongue that keeps the belt stable.
But it is also cool that these pockets are customizable. You can adjust the location of the compartments and pockets in your style. All pockets are located so you can organize your equipment as convenient as possible.
- Very strong stitching on each of the pockets, which means that the belt is of high quality and will work for a long time.
- The material of the pockets is rather stiff and thick, so no tools slip out of the pocket through the newly formed hole.
- Velcro is a very convenient device in this case because it enhances organization and will not disturb you.
- Weight is perfectly distributed on the back and does not cause heaviness due to the wide (but soft) belt.
- The belt will fit comfortably on the waist of any size – from small to large – because it has many holes.
- This belt does not have any loop for attaching additional tools that do not fit in size for storage in ordinary pockets (you have to replace the mobile loop).
10. DEWALT DG5372 12-Pocket Carpenters Suede Apron
DEWALT DG5372 12-Pocket Carpenter’s Suede Apron has a completely different design and perfect style.
The whole construction is made of suede, and the belt is made of nylon material. In addition, the width of the belt is 2 inches, and the buckle has 2 pull tabs. In general, everything is standard here.
This last best carpenters tool belt has 12 pockets, 5 of which are large and designed for basic tools. 7 pockets designed for small tools.
The belt is adjustable to any size – from the smallest to the largest. And a very important point – it has a double seam.
Suede as a material acts as a very good base, because it gives additional bandwidth, does not create sweat, is resistant to time and different weather. And as you can see it is one of the carpenters apron due to that is relatively easy.
- Maximum durability due to heavy-duty suede and double seams in unstable parts.
- This carpenters tool belt is capacious because it has 12 tool pockets, which are divided into two compartments and are designed for a specific type of tool.
- This belt suits you no matter what size you have, you have a small or big waste.
- No weather can spoil the material since it is quite stable.
- It turned out that the loop is not suitable for all hammers or nail pullers, so be careful what your tools are not a standard size.
- The belt will crush the tools if you do not leave more space.
Overview of The Best Carpenters Tool Belt
Being a carpenter is not an easy task. And as you might guess, all the professional tasks of a carpenter require a huge number of tools of different sizes.
All this is impossible to hold in your hands, but it is possible (and even necessary!) to hold in the best carpenters tool belt.
Types of Carpenters Tool Belt
If you go searching, you will find many tool belt that are designed for carpenters.
Based on what tools you use in your work; a special carpenters tool belt is required.
Real talk, the tool belt for carpenters is a separate type of tool belts, but it does not prevent them from having sub-items.
Carpenters Tool Belt with Closed Pouches
You will be surprised, but not all tool belts have closed bags, and this is not a necessity except for carpenters. Why? The fact is that carpenters work with sharp tools.
It is not difficult to guess that sharp tools are dangerous in work, especially if it is stored in a bag with open pockets.
Therefore, if you are a pious carpenter, have a carpenter tool belt with closed pockets.
Carpenter Tool Belt from Dust Proof Tape Material
While you are looking for your unique ideal tool belt, one day you will come across a tool belt made of dust proof tape material. What is such a good material?
It protects your belt and therefore tools from wood debris and sawdust, which usually stick to the belt.
In addition, this material significantly reduces weight, even if you put there the tools to failure. Plus, water, cold and snow are not terrible for this material, you can safely use this kind of the carpenter tool belt on the street.
In general, if you look for different designs for different types of tool belts for carpenters, this is in vain, then. Why?
There is no big difference between belts (on the waist) and harness belts. Harness belts distribute the weight, and it is more convenient when working at height. Belt are always comfortable, it is highly versatile, but not suitable for those who have back pain.
You will also find belts made of different materials. As a rule, it is nylon, polyester, leather, and suede. The vast majority of belts are made of nylon and leather, and suede is third.
All belts also differ in the number of pockets, but no one divides belt into several categories like “belts of 7 pockets”, “belts of 12 pockets”, “belts of 30 pockets”. Vice versa, there are belt with a small number of pockets and belts with a large number of pockets. You choose the number of pockets that you need.
Suspenders or support on a thick belt are all useful for a carpenter’s job and have many advantages.
Benefits of Using Carpenters Tool Belt
Is it necessary to use the best carpenters tool belt in work? YES! Such a belt will increase the efficiency of your work several times, given the fact that the work of a carpenter requires climbing stairs. But increased work efficiency is not all.
It Saves Time
The carpenters’ tool belt significantly saves your time, which you are used to spending on finding the right tool. Using the strap to store you enough to put your hand in your pocket where the tool you need lies.
New High Level of Performance
You may not be a carpenter, and only look here for interest, but you can be sure that managing the deadline for completing tasks becomes more possible. The best carpenters tool belt is the key to high performance and fast execution of work tasks.
Convenient to Use
It is much more convenient to use the carpenters’ tool belt than any other belt if you want to be mobile at work. First, most of the tool belt is suitable for all sizes of the waist, has a huge number of pockets (which will never be superfluous), suspenders.
So, you can put the belt on the waist, load the necessary tools, pull the suspenders on your shoulders and leave your hands free.
Do You Need It? Take It!
When you use the carpenters’ tool belt, you no longer play hide and seek with the tools you need right now. Work as a delicious food does not wait.
Tool belt for carpenters has no hiding places where a nail or bolt can get lost. You take in hand what you need and free your hands from unnecessary tools.
You can use a belt not only for work but even to put a house or garden to be OK. The belt is multi-functional because it has many pockets. So, you can put in there everything that comes into your head.
Safe at 99%
I have already said that the work of a carpenter is associated with the use of sharp tools. Most of the belts that are specifically designed for carpenters have insulated closed pockets. Storing tools in closed pockets reduces the risk and possible injury in the workplace.
Best Carpenters Tool Belt – Buying Guide
You will get all the benefits, without exception, if you are a picky buyer. So, you need to pay attention to the following features before purchase the best carpenters tool belt.
And is the line double? It is more important than the material and the number of pockets, because if 1000 pockets are sewn badly among itself, then such a belt will never be useful to you. Be sure that all pockets are sewn with double stitching and this belt will withstand heavy weight.
Are the Pockets Durable?
Check all pockets for defects or poor installation. Yes, this thing is new, but “Gucci” or clothing on the market – everything is made in Vietnam, has come a long way. And since you’ll wear pockets not gum, and things are heavier, be sure that it works with a lot of weight.
Is It a Quality Material?
Material is one of the main concerns for the best carpenters tool belt. Be sure that the quality of the belt material does not have holes. Also, the material shouldn’t make the belt heavy before you put the tools in there. Sometimes nylon and polyester can be significantly better than leather or canvas because it is lighter and more resistant to water.
Has Carpenters Tool Belt a Buckle?
The buckle should be whether you like it or not. Choose a medium-sized buckle so that it does not press into the stomach and is stable at the same time.
What about Suspenders?
Check with the seller whether the belt has suspenders. And if it doesn’t have a suspender, be sure that it will have hooks for suspenders so that you can additionally install it, then. Believe me, suspenders are important for comfort and convenience during use.
Does this Belt Have a Guarantee?
Keep in mind that you will carry a lot of heavy tools. You are a carpenter and your profession involve the daily use of these tools. In accordance with this, ask about the warranty on the belt. One way or another, this will add to your confidence.
How to Wear Carpenters Tool Belt?
Are you surprised it matters? It really is. the comfort and state of your physical health will depend on how correctly you wear the best carpenters belt.
For starters, you have to figure out a simple truth – the belt that you buy should be of high quality.
And when your money is spent wisely on a high-quality purchase, you put on a belt (it is better to do this before purchase) as follows:
Try on Yourself
Just take it and put it on so that you feel comfortable. If the belt has suspenders use them, even if the belt is empty inside and not hard for you.
To wear a belt, you need to pass the belt through the loops and fasten it to the buckle in accordance with the size of your waist.
Keep the Tools Good
When you bought a carpenter tool belt and you want this thing to work 100%, store the tools correctly. Many professionals in the repair give the perfect advice – keep the most important tools from the leading hand.
It’s simple; you do most of the tasks with your right hand, which means that you also keep more important tools like a hammer or a liner on the right. Conversely, minor tools such as extra blades, sets of nails you keep on the left.
Change the Poles of the Load
If you do not want to feel pain in the back, turn the belt regularly, then. It will be an excellent option if you have become hard because of the long work. Or you need additional tools, so you can get them faster.
Maintenance and Care – Carpenters Tool Belt
Take Care of Water
Use waterproofing or other ways to protect your leather goods from the water. In case your best carpenters tool belt is made of another material, just clean it with warm water and sushi in the sun. And yes, do not put liquid (of any kind) inside the pockets, as leakage can cause corrosion of the tools.
Take Care of Heat
Even if you came under the heaviest rain of a century, you should not put a belt on hot devices, such as heat, or in a dryer. Also, do not leave the belt in the sun for a long time. The point is that exposure to high temperatures will damage the material and dry it too much.
Implement regular cleaning of the belt from dust and dirt inside as well as outside. Even for a leather product, you can use a shoe brush. After polishing the leather tool belt as you do it with shoes.
Check for Defects
I advise you to do this often, approximately after each use. Yes, a daily check can save you from unpleasant surprises.
Hold a Measure
Do not put too many tools in your pockets, it can be your exorbitant burden. You should not also hope that too big tools will fit into your pocket because it does not lose weight like a bride before the wedding.
Reasonably Store Tools
A good idea to put the tools upside down. So sharp tools will not tear the material of the pockets (it is better to keep it in an isolated shell).
Use the Belt as Intended
Many seek to use this belt for tools as a safety belt for working at height. But it is a very bad idea because this belt is not suitable for this.
Keep the Weight the Same
It doesn’t matter what are the main tools and which are minor in your work as a carpenter. It is important that both sides of the pockets are about the same weight. For example, slide nuts or nails to make another compartment with pockets heavier. Save your spine!
FAQs about Carpenters Tool Belt
How often can I use the tool belt in a carpenter’s job?
If you have suspenders in the kit (and use it), and also do not abuse the weight of the tools, you can use the carpenters’ tool belt every day, then. According to my calculations, carpenters spend about 6-8 hours in the workplace with the tool belt, and sometimes much longer. Such a schedule about you? You should buy a very strong belt that will withstand a similar load.
What is the number of pockets I need as a carpenter?
The number of necessary pockets depends on the specifics of your work and the number of necessary tools to work. If you need 15 different tools every day, choose a belt with a such number of pockets.
Standard carpenters tool belt has 10 or 12 pockets (may be less or more). Before buying count the number of tools that you use every day!
What material of tool belt do I need for a carpenter?
You as a carpenter need a durable material such as leather or suede. But polyester and nylon are much lighter and therefore do not put a big load on your back. I advise you to choose nylon as a lighter and more flexible material for a small number of tools, and a durable leather belt for a dozen tools.
How can I find out my size?
After a hearty dinner, take a centimeter or inch tape. With this tape, measure yourself around the waist. Do not measure the waist if you are in outerwear.
Measure when you are wearing home or summer clothes. Otherwise, the belt will move freely and you will be uncomfortable. When measuring, use the table to find out your size.
Who makes the best carpenters tool belt?
Gatorback and Occidental Leather.
Now you know which tool belt is better at storing the tools of a carpenter.
Making the right choice you will never regret is difficult. You have to take into account every little point.
Do not try to save time (in search of the perfect belt) or money. This question concerns your profession, what you will do every day, that is why quality and impeccable condition are important items of your purchase.
Find a balance between quality, price and your routine – choose not a brand, but what is useful in your work. And then you will not be mistaken in choosing the best carpenters tool belt ever!