The efficiency of a carpenter is not just dependent on his skills but also even the way he organizes his tools.
It’s very unprofessional for a carpenter to leave some of the tools behind or misplace them because this would mean offering substandard services to your clients which is not a good thing at all.
Since you are a human, you may be bound to a lot of issues such that organizing your work tools becomes a problem to you. For this reason, the best carpenters tool bag was invented to ensure carpenters don’t struggle to arrange their tools and all you need to do is to just to place every tool on its location.
Top 7 Best Carpenters Tool Bag Reviews
1. Tough Built – 16″ Massive Mouth Tool BagAre you one of the carpenters who like to work as professional and look smart always?
If yes, you can have this 38 pocketed roomy bag that is attractively made. It has both inner and outer pockets to enable you arrange your tools whether you are working or on the road to your work station.
Being the best finish carpenter tool bag, it comes with rugged rubber pads that enable you to place your tool bag in stable position so that you work conveniently without any problem.
Some tools are very delicate and you may break them easily if you don’t keep the appropriately. Worry not because this bag comes with a wonderful plastic rigid lining inside it to protect your tools from any external forces that could break your tools.
It is a roomy and wide bag enabling you to keep a lot of your tools. Whether you work on construction projects, electrical works or a carpenter, you can rely on this bag to keep and organize your materials in a neat and perfect way.
- It is a durable bag so it will serve you for long before degrading down
- Because of its plastic lining inside, your tools will always be safe
- Since you know where to keep your tools, they will always be safe
- It is too big so for people with small number of tools, it may not be ideal
2. WORKPRO 18-inch Close Top Wide Mouth Storage Tool Bag with AdjustableThis is a robust 18 inch tool bag made from top quality polyester material. It comes with a double to ensure your tools are safe when you zip them perfectly inside. Since when working most carpenters would like to get easy access of the tools, the bag comes with a stay-open top that remains wide open when you unzip it.
The base is made from foam button that provide enough ground grip to ensure your bag does not slide. Besides the inside pockets and storage space, there are also external pockets that you can use to keep your tools perfectly at all times.
The 500 polyester material used to make the bag is shock absorbing thereby protecting your tools from forces that could damage them. It has a shoulder belt that you can simply use and carry it to your work stations.
18 inch is a lot of space so you can store your components perfectly without any inconvenience. The pockets are arranged in such a way that you can easily organize your tools so that you don’t need to keep searching when you need them.
- It is a robust bag that can serve you well on all weather
- Organizes your tools in manner you will find it easy to use them
- It can melt easily if it kept near fire
3. Huijia15 Inch Portable Tool Organizers Multi-Functional Heavy Duty Bag Carrier ResistantThis is a stylishly designed bag made from a robust 600 Oxford cloth. Carpenters who deal on major projects that require intense and heavy tools like drills and metal tools can use the bag because it is made from materials that can withstand extreme weight.
Its load and weight bearing capacity relieves pressure on the carrier thereby making it pretty comfortable to carry it around. Inside it are main pocket and small side pockets where you can arrange your tools perfectly and enjoy a convenient carrying from one place to another.
Mesh pockets are also designed on side walls to allow users to see the tools so that they always pick the most appropriate ones. Its base is well-made to offer extreme stability wherever it is kept.
There is an adjustable shoulder belt that allow users to conveniently adjust the belt to relieve pressure when carrying the bag. Carry your metals, delicate tools and other kind of carpentry tools at the best level of safety possible. With 15 inch room full of pockets, you cannot lack a space to keep your tools.
- Keep a lot of your tools in one place hence no confusion
- It organizes your tools such that when you are working, you just need to be pick
- Durable and stable thereby serving you for long and efficiently
- Not Ideal for those who don’t have a lot of tools
4. CLC Custom Leather craft I923X Suede Carpenter’s Nail and Tool BagAs a carpenter, keeping your tails, measuring tapes, hammer and other fundamental tools may be very difficult for you. Sometimes you misplace them and it becomes hard for you to do your normal carpentry duties.
Here is a solution for you, the CLC Customer leather tool bag designed specifically for carpenters to store their tools when working.
Besides being stylishly made, it comes with a brown premium leather that makes its appearance one of a kind. It is one of the best carpenter tool bags you can always walk around with and be sure your tools are always safe at all times.
There is metal clip at the bottom of the bag to enable you hand your hammer as you work on your project. Two outside pockets are for your nails so you can keep them and still access them easily as you are working. Small pockets for pencil, rulers and other small tools are also available therefore you will have a complete organized set of tools.
Construction workers, roofers, maintenance workers and plumbers can have this tool bag to keep things nicely and appropriately at all times.
- Leather bag, stylish and attractive in appearance
- Extremely durable so it will serve you longer than you anticipate
- Perfectly arranged pockets to make your tools stay in an organized state
- It is leather so you need to know how to clean it well
5. DEWALT DG5372 12-Pocket Carpenter’s Suede ApronIf you want a small but best carpenters nail bag to keep your tools as you are working on the field, this tool bag can serve the purpose for you. It comes with 5 main pockets that allow you to keep your big tools like tape measures and it also has 7 smaller pockets that you can always put your small tools that could be hard to keep.
It is designed with other small sided sleeves to keep your pencils, nails and rulers and small objects so that you easily access and use them when you need them.
This tool bag is built to be used on the real working site because you can use its belt to secure it on your waist. You will be able to pick the things you need easily because they will all be within reach.
For flexibility and changing positions of the bag, the belt is adjustable so you can keep it at the level of tightness you want on your body as you work. Users with a waist size of between Fits waist sizes 29-Inch to 46-Inch can use this tool holder.
- Brings convenience in handling tools for all carpenters
- It is safe for the carpenter to use it because once you arrange tools, you are not at risk of any injury
- Long lasting and top quality
- People with waist of 25 inch and below cannot use it
6. Dickies Work Gear 57026 Grey/Tan 5-Pocket Single Side Apron BagIt is a wonderful tool bag that comes with 5 pockets for to keep different kind of tools when working. Created to serve carpenters, there are two large pouches that are designed for people to keep hammer and nails as well as other large volume tools.
At its lateral sides, there are small pockets where a carpenter can keep his small tools like screw driver and other types of tools. All pockets are perfectly covered with a canvas material to ensure no scratches or tears are caused by your tools as you keep them inside.
The canvas covering and the webbed pockets enables the bag to serve carpenters for long without degrading in quality.
You can use the bad while actively working on your projects because it comes with an adjustable belt that you can tie on your waist and access your tools as you are working. You can twist or reposition your bag to access tools easily as you are working hence providing maximum convenience.
- Prevents loss of your tools during working especially the small sized tools
- It speeds up your working because it provides easy access to your tools as you are working
- People of below 32 inch waist cannot use it
7. Occidental Leather 9855 Adjust-to-Fit Fat Lip Tool BagThis is a premium leather tool bag with a belt making it easier for the carpenter to wear. Divided into tool and faster section, you can perfectly organize your working tools for efficient working.
You don’t get pressure from the weight of the tools on in your bag because it comes with effective D Rings Pre-Installed suspension systems.
Every tool has its own space so all you need is just to stretch your hand and pick without any sort of confusion making it to be the best tool bag for carpenter.
It comes with a 5020 2-in-1 Tool and Hammer Holder in the rear where you can easily keep your hammer and pick it if you need it. This makes it one of the most efficient tool bags you can find in the market.
Wondering where you will keep it, worry not because it has its own belt that you can conveniently wrap around your waist and secure it. It is for right handed people you will be able to access your tools as you are working without any problem.
The fastener bag dimension measures 10″w x 10″d for main bag and for outer bag, it measures 9″ x 6″sufficient enough to hold plenty of tools.
- Easy to pick and use your tools when working
- You cannot misplace your tools even if working on multiple sites
- It is to identify the tools you are missing
- Not perfect for those using left hand
Carpenter’s Tool Bag Overview
Who is a Carpenter?
A carpenter is a person who deals with the cutting, shaping and installation of materials like timber and metals in construction of houses, bridges and other kind of structures. Most carpenters don’t possess architectural knowledge but they are very creative and sharp in measuring designs that will fit in constructed materials.
Think of a house that need doors and windows, a shade that needs wood to be installed and a décor that needs proper building, you will need a carpenter to work on it for it to be perfect. Their work is more in finishing after a structure has been set.
Where Does A Carpenter Work?
A carpenter has no single specific place to work. One can choose to work in partitioning offices, installing or making wooden chairs, making and repairing doors or designing and making the wooden floors of a house. A carpenter can also play a role in construction of bridges and refurbishment of old houses.
Any place that requires wood work and measuring of materials, a carpenter can be of great value. They can even drill on a concrete frame work to install materials and they can work hand in hand with a house construction team for superior finishing of the structure under construction.
Basic carpentry tools list / names of tools used by carpenter
- Tape measure-used to measure length and width of materials
- Circular saw-for cutting metals
- Random orbital sander
- Routing tools
- Combination square
- Screw driver
- Carpenter’s Pencil.
- Utility Knife.
- Tin Snips.
- Nail Puller.
- Speed Square
- Drill machine
These are the most basic ones but depending on what the carpenter deals on, the list could be longer or shorter.
What Are The Different Types Of Carpentry?
Carpentry also has sections or specializations that people can master in. although many carpenters are general carpenters, one can specialize into one of the following sectors.
A Finish Carpenter
This is a carpenter who works to furnish constructed buildings and projects. Among the services offered by such a carpenter include cabinetry, furniture making, fine woodworking, model building, instrument making and parquetry.
A trim carpenter works to ensure all designs and ornamental works are well done and perfectly installed. Door and window casings, mantels, baseboard are among the types of work done by this type of a carpenter.
On this sector, the carpenter is dedicated in offering the best kind of cabinets. Whatever the style you want, these carpenters can make customized cabinets for your bedroom, office or kitchen.
On this type of specialization, the carpenters are trained on designing and making the parts of a ship. They can work on wood and steel and they put into consideration matters to do with weight. It is a special type of carpentry because all ships need to be water resistant and resistant to storms. The weight must also be moderated to prevent sinking so careful selection of the materials is needed.
Best Tool Bag for Carpenter: Buying Guide
As a carpenter, you want your tools to be well kept and organized so that you enjoy a perfect working condition. This means you need a wonderful tool bag that will hold your tools perfectly and wonderful at all cost.
Types of Carpenter Tool Bags
There are several types of carpenter tool bags and they can be categorized based on the requirements of the user. If you can categorize them based on the materials used to make them, you will have leather bags, canvas bags and polyester bags. The material used in making of the tool bag has an impact on the durability and functionality of the bag.
Carpentry tool bags can also be categorized in terms of size. There are small and large size bags so depending on what you want, you can choose from the two. The large bags are just meant for carrying your tools around. Most large bags are 15 to 18 inch in size. Small bags have belts that you can tie on your waist and work with it as you want.
Benefits of Using a Carpentry Tool Bag
As a carpenter, you want your tools to be well-organized so that you don’t encounter inconveniences when working. The tool bag can do that for you because they come with various sections where you can keep your various types of tools.
Tool bags prevent your tools from getting misplaced and lost as well. Once you return the tool in your bag after use, it will be hard for it to get misplaced.
Tool Bags make it convenient and easy for carpenters to carry their tools to and fro work sites. Having a tool bag is also a sign of professionalism and seriousness for your work.
Features To Look For During Purchase
Knowing the features that make up a quality tool bag is what will enable you to buy the best tool bags for carpenter. First, consider the size of the bag, will it be able to handle your tools or not. Don’t buy something too big or too small because that would bring inconvenience.
Consider the material that was used in the making of the bag and its finishing. Some bags are made with top quality material but because of poor finishing, they end up reducing in quality so quickly. Leather bags are known to be long lasting. Polyester and Canvas are also nice but they need to be made tear resistant.
How to Organize Your Carpenter’s Tool Bag?
Every tool bag that one buys comes with various sections for the various tools that are contained in carpentry.
To organize your tools in that bag, you need to make sure you put your things where they are supposed to be at all times. There are sections for tape measures, pencils, hammer, rulers and a main pocket where you can keep general tools. Depending on the sections of your bag because every bag has its own typical sections, you can figure out which tools to go to which pockets.
The things that you use most, like the hammer, nails and tape measures need to be kept within reach and may tool bags are made with side pockets where you can easily keep them for easy access. For tools like drills and other heavy ones, put them at the main center pocket so that they don’t break other tools.
There are then inner side wall pockets and these are meant for materials that needed quickly when working but cannot be kept outside like spanner, glue and hacksaws. Arrange your bags in a manner that you will get convenience and easy access of your tools.
Care and Maintenance
Even if your bag is of top quality, you need to always protect it and maintain it well.
- Clean it on regular basis to prevent it from accumulating dirt and smelling bad
- Don’t bring your bag close to extreme heat or fire since it might melt
- Prevent your bag from shear forces that could tear it apart
- Chemicals like acids may bleach or corrode your bag so don’t bring it near such materials
With these and many more maintenance approaches, you will see your bag lasting longer and serving you efficiently.
Can a Tool Bag Be Used in the Workshop?
Yes, you can use it in your workshop, it is not just for carrying tools but for organizing your tools during working,
What if I put tools in Wrong Pocket?
Every pocket is designed for various tools. It will not have a big deal but it will inconvenience you when working.
Can a Tool Bag Prevent My tools from getting lost?
Yes, a tool bag helps you to always know where you are picking and returning your tools. It will be hard for them to get lost unless someone steals them.
Between Leather and Canvas which is best to Buy?
It all depends on the finishing. Look for water proof, shear resistant and corrosion resistant bags that will serve you well.
Tool bags are wonderful if you want to organize your tools perfectly. They help carpenters not to misplace tools easily and you can be sure to always have access of your tools when working. There are different kind of tool bags so you need to choose the appropriate size, material and features if you want it to serve you nicely.
Most bags have pockets designed to hold tools so make sure you arrange your tools in that order to avoid confusion. Maintain your bag and use it for the right purpose and in the right way and it will last longer and serve you well.
1. HVAC Tool Bag Reviews and Guide
2. Framing Tool Belt On The Market (Buying Guide)
3. Best Carpenters Tool Belts in 2019 – Tested, Compared & Reviewed
4. Best Electrician Tool Belt – Organize Your Electrical Tools Easily
5. How to wear tool belt easily like a pro